“You get what you pay for”

Baymont Inn & Suites Atlantic City Madison Hotel
Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed July 21, 2014

When we arrived at the Baymont Inn, there was a woman in the lobby yelling and demanding a refund. At that point we knew the Trip Advisor reviews were probably true. One of the elevators was broken causing long waits for the remaining working elevator. Our rooms were sparse (no hair dryer) but looked clean. The ac in one room didn't work. I had to go down to the front desk to request more towels after I called the front desk to have more brought up and no one came. The best thing about the hotel was the location. It's close to Bally's and the boardwalk.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

This hotel should close down I should of known being that my 3 nights 4 days was so cheap! .. First night there my wife woke up at 1:30am really itchy! Turns out the bed had bed bugs. I took pics of them..they gave me a different room. The place smells bad! Dirty I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed: July 2014
9  Thank Jc P
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Spent one night here. The location was great, but that was about the only good thing. The room was barely clean. Hair behind the toilet that barely flushed. Stained couches. The AC did not work and the windows were painted shut. The battery for the fire alarm was dangling out. Checkout was supposed to be at 11am, but shortly after 10am housekeeping was banging on the door. Unless you have a high tolerance for crummy hotels I would not recommend. Pay a little extra and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank CaitlynJ212
Reviewed July 17, 2014

It was god awful. Mold in our room, none of the fire alarms hooked up. Our friends room had something sharp on the floor of the tub, the ceiling fell in their shower, a light fixture had water in it and was just waiting to fall. I have pictures of all of this and to top it off we were charged twice instead of comped like they said. It's bad, run away! I would rate it a zero but it didn't let me.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AllyRichards
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I'm sorry to be posting such an awful review, I have done my very best to work with the Baymont inn and discuss the situation we had with them but it is not getting resolved. The stay started out ok, the room had many stains on the wall, wires hanging out of the ceiling, no working smoke detector which I took a picture of, and there was plaster and/or another hard white substance in the shower along with mold in the peeling wall paper in the bathroom. We accepted it because it was right on the board walk of Atlantic City, and left it at that. Where the issue came was we reserved two rooms for 3 night for a total of $924.62 give or take. They swiped my card at check in, but I was very specific that only one room was mine and the other would be paid for by the other couple that was with us. So, naturally my card shows a $924.62 pending charge didn’t think anything of it at that point. WELL, when the ceiling in my friends room fell on down and water came in, we all asked to leave early. He of course was told his room was free of charge, they said they would only charge us one night even though we stayed two. I felt that was fair, they swiped our card and gave us a receipt and we left. Well after we got home I saw two charges for $924.62 so a total of $1849.24. Call the Wyndam hotel corporate and they said the Baymont would fix it. After two week s of working with their investigation department Baymont came back with the Atlantic City Hotel saying the charges were valid and they would do nothing more. SO now we have to dispute threw our credit card company, do not say here please!

Room Tip: Just dont stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Don R
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed one night in this 'hotel' with 3 other girls in june, we left to go out clubbing that night, came back and realised my Ipad was stolen from the room. The hotel staff were useless and didnt even care or look into the matter my Ipad was taken from my own room--and I can only imagine it was a member of staff. Never ever again. Do not stay here. The hotel itself is a disaster, good location but definitely not worth it!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Denise M
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I was there July 13, 2014 with a Group on deal. Starting with the front desk, the guy was very rude and unprofessional which made the services is awful. The main entrance is gross. My 1st. room was dirty, stained carpeted, cigarette burns in comforter. The 2nd room cause I asked to switch wasn't any better. Ice maker didn't work. Shower clogged up and rusted. Not amenities at all so don't believe on the pics on Groupon. I don't recommend it at all. Even the Groupon discount wasn't worthy to pay.

• Stayed: July 2014