“A perfect example of bad marketing.................”

Wyndham Skyline Tower
Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 7, 2006

Me and my husband have just returned from Atlantic CIty. Fairfield paid for our hotel stay in exhange for our attendence at one of their time share tours. When we checked in at the Welcome Center for our tour the lady at the desk informed us that there would be no obligation to buy. Well, by the end of the "presentation" it it seemed like anything but. At the begining we sat down with a man who told us all about Fairfield, and after two hours of sales pitch finally told us the price. Me and my husband both agreed it was a bit pricey and that we were not ready to buy the timeshare at this time, so my husband told the man that we would not be buying. That should of been the end of it, but it wasn't. His response was that he would be right back with someone who might be able to help us. A minute later he returned with another woman who said that she could give us a deal.........but it might cost us a little more then the orignial package! How is that a deal?! We then asked her questions about the origninal package, such as how much it would all cost in the end and how exaclty the points worked. She gave us completely different answers then what the man did. I told her myself that we would not be buying anything, of course she asked me why. Why was I saying no? I explanied to her that we have other bills to pay and this whole time share would just be another one on our plate. And that's when the tone of the presentation changed from high pressure marketing to down right ignorance. She said that she thought that we wouldn't be talking about other bills, that I was the only one saying no, implying that my husband wanted to say yes and I was the only one stopping us from buying, and that if we didn't buy the timeshare today we would never be able to buy it again at the offered price. My husband then told her that he also thought the timeshare was a bit too pricey, so it wasn't just t me saying no. She then made a rude commnent to him, which was too childlike for me to even waste my time typing But you get the idea, they were so hooked on selling us that when they didn't get their way they resorted to all out stupidity. She finally walked away to another group after claiming that my husband was "yesing" her to death and she hates that. The man who started the presentation with us then took us to what he said was check out. Before he left us we thanked him for his time, and told him that we will l tell any family members who were interered in buying a time share to come down to talk to him. Instead of being gracefull, he implied to us that he would not be interested in talking to anyone we would sent if they would just have him talk for hours and say no in the end.And it turns out that "Check Out" was just another person trying to sell us a timeshare package. By this time we had enough. It was now after 5:00 and we had arrived a little bit before 1:00 and this was supposed to last two hours at the most. We promptly told him that it was getting late and that our answer was no. Finally. we checked out. They basically wasted our time. I understand they have a job to do like everyone else, but the ladies sales tactics were down right ignorant. We said no in the begining, what made her think that we would say yes after she made goofy comments and was insulting?

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
8  Thank Vactionner
There are newer reviews for Wyndham Skyline Tower

Reviewed October 1, 2006

this property consists of both timeshare units and hotel suites, exchanged a 3 bed 3 bath week on hilton head island for a week in august in ac. upon check in we were given a hotel suite room. despite having a written conformation of the unit i was supposed to receive front desk offered no help or apology when i complained. after i called rci and had them call property manager i was finally moved to the correct unit. unit itself was very nice but the common amenities such as the pool are substandard at best.. valet parking is mandatory $10 day and aweful. most of the week i paid and kept my car accross the street in resorts casino self park garage. the elavators are small, slow, and too few for a 32 story highrise. most days we used the stairs going down from the 11 floor just so we sould not have to wait! unless you are there to look at timeshares staff is rude and indifferent. while the unit we were finally given was very nice the overall experience wasn't. not sure if i would ever stay again.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with friends
5  Thank davidphd
Reviewed September 22, 2006

We stayed there is August. Overall, 2 bedroom was very clean and very nice. Good sized balcony. Elevators had long delays which I accepted. We were on vacation and not in a rush --bit annoying but wasn't too horrible in my book. My teenage daughter did get stuck in the elevator for a long time and had to yell for help a long time --that was frustrating. Also, the problem is worsened by timeshare sales people using a key to stop the elevator from stopping at all the floors so they could bring people up to see the penthouse. The fire alarm going off in the middle of the night several nights was also a bit annoying. The attached hotel does appear to be frequented by prostitutes. Most of the guests of Fairfield seemed to be nice people so we didn't feel too uncomfortable with that. While things were not perfect, I could have overlooked these issues except for the one larger issue ---

Big issue was the poor customer service we received. We left our vehicle with the valet. They parked it in a outside parking lot that was open to the public. While in their care, our vehicle was hit by a car --someone not staying at the hotel or connected to the hotel at all. When we reported this to the hotel, we were told to meet with hotel personnel three different times. We changed our plans to come to each of the meetings and each time they told us to come back at a later time. Finally we asked to speak to a manager. The Assistant Property Manager came and told us that it was our problem since the person who hit the vehicle was not connected to the hotel. The car was in their care when the damage occurred and they did not provide appropriate care. The car was given to the valet and it would be reasonable to assume it would be parked in their private parking garage. We were still charged $80 for parking. --I travel a lot and have had a variety of problems including cruise lines leaving luggage at the dock, roaches in a 5 star hotel, and other issues -- each time the management tried to do something to make it not ruin our vacation. The management was understanding, apologetic and gave credits, future discounts, etc. In this case, the Assistant Property Manager was extremely rude and offered nothing but "It is your problem. Solve it with the person who hit the car." -- Fortunately, the person who hit the car left a note and we were able to resolve it. We will be without a vehicle during the repair, it has been aggravating --and our vacation was disrupted by this. We sent emails to Fairfield upon our return but they were never responded to. It is very difficult to find any contact information for anyone on the web other than their general email box. If the manager had been polite and credited our parking, we would have left with a far different view of the hotel. I would never stay at a Fairfield property again. I strongly recommend that anyone who is considering purchasing a timeshare look at Hilton Grand Vacation Club. I have had incidents where there were problems with them and they did everything they possibly could to make us happy and make up for any inconvenience up to and including giving us a free future week. During our entire stay, it was clear that Fairfield's philosophy is that the hotel guests need to bend to the hotel's needs. GUESTS DO NOT COME FIRST AT FAIRFIELD!!

You can probably have a decent vacation there if nothing goes wrong --if something does, don't expect to be treated well.

If you go, park up the block at Resorts --- $4 and you can park your own vehicle in a covered garage knowing that no one else will move it to a public lot.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
10  Thank NJkp
Reviewed September 14, 2006

A pleasant surprise all around. Booked a one-bedroom suite through RCI and was upgraded to a huge, immaculate two-bedroom. Lovely staff...very cheerful and helpful. Close to the action (one quick block away...even closer if you cut through Resorts). Nice facilities...terrible elevators, but you already know that if you read the previous reviews...

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with friends
4  Thank Ande G.
Reviewed September 11, 2006

All the one-bedroom suites are adjacent to the elevator shafts; noisy sleeping conditions all night long. Only other fault was the elevator problems mentioned elsewhere. Suites are well equipped; eg, plasma TV in bedroom, DVD player, kitchen has all possible utensils and dinnerware. Hotel is nicely situated for jitney pickup; Resorts Casino just down the street. Friendly staff.
Great hotel--for sound sleepers!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled solo
5  Thank motowner
Reviewed August 20, 2006

We atayed at Skyline Towers August 16 to the 18th. We had a One Bedroom King Deluxe Suite with a HUGE Balcony and Excellent Ocean and Hotel Views on one of the higher floors of the Hotel. We had the same problems as the previos review - the Elevators are a Nightmare and the staff trying to sell you a timeshare is VERY annoying! Other then that we had no problems. The casinos and Boardwalk are all right there. I would recommend bringing your own towels, as their towels were not soft. And beware of the Whirlpool tubs, they are VERY noisy.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
12  Thank chl4587
Reviewed August 11, 2006

The hotel itself was very very nice! better than I expected by reading the other reviews. My room was excellent. There was a flat screen plasma T.V in the bedroom. Very clean, kitchen was fully stocked and the front desk personel was very welcoming. I do recommend the valet parking. Its $10 a day but so is all the other area parking lots. There was only a few things I would warn people of. #1 the elevator is very slow especially in the early afternoon during check ins and outs, so make your stops before or after then. Another is the persistancy of the staff to sell you a timeshare. I told them that I was not interested, be firm and dont smile because then they will try and try again. Other than that, I would stay again, again, and again

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple