“Excellent Service”

Ranked #16 of 349 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Old Homestead, a New York City institution, is one of the country’s oldest steakhouses and is known for serving the finest steaks in the Big Apple for nearly 150 years. With their second location in Atlantic City, guests can experience their trademarked domestically raised, hand-massaged Wagyu beef on both sides of the river. Brothers and owners Marc and Greg Sherry believe in the adage “don’t mess with a good thing,” which is why the menu at their steakhouse in Atlantic City nearly mirrors the one in New York. And for good reason: "We haven't had an empty seat in quite a few years," Greg explained. Now visitors to Borgata have the chance to see why. We made the list! Find out why our 20 oz. Prime Steakhouse Burger made Borgata's List of Top Burgers!
Reviewed August 17, 2019

Old Homestead has excellent service. My son had a filet and I had the sea bass. The sauce on the sea bass was a little too sweet and I would have preferred it grilled and served because the fish was a nice cut. We shared calamari which was huge and my son had cream brûlée (over the top good). All and all this was a very pleasant restaurant.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (774)

Reviewed August 7, 2019

This was our first time visiting this restaurant and it is now being added to our restaurants to frequent. They accomodated us (when we wanted to share a meal) the steaks were cooked exquisitely, the family style sides were mouthwatering and the appetizers were awesome (highly recommend the shrimp app), The wait staff was unstoppable, they kept our water and drinks filled, cleared our plates quickly and were very knowledable on food offerings. A definite repeat for us for sure.

Reviewed August 5, 2019

Solid steak and beautiful restaurant. We were there for a bachelor party prior to the show and really enjoyed the various whiskeys and bourbon selection. Pricey but worth it for the area.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed August 4, 2019 via mobile

So let me start by saying I am not a steak person. I like my steak well done, many restaurants are not accommodating when I make this request. I ordered a well done filet , it was nothing short of magnificent. Absolutely delicious! They also have a pineapple infused vodka that is a must!
Thank you for honoring my request! I will definitely recommend.

Reviewed July 17, 2019 via mobile

This was a boring, expensive bday experience. Ate here years ago and now I remember why we never rushed back. Started with the calamari, tasted like chewy chinese food with tangy sauce. 32 oz ribeye had a huge vein that made it pretty tough and needed salt for flavor,10 oz filet with lobster mashed potato, came out well instead of medium, awesome waiters brought out a new one in 5 minutes, lobster mash had a serious bacon flavor that over powered the lobster flavor and the filet was also tasteless. Brussel sprouts were average. Won't be rushing back, not worth the price tag.

Date of visit: July 2019