New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Waitstaff
Dining options: Reservations, Waitstaff
Woodbridge, New Jersey
“WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND TO ANYONE I KNOW”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

My Fiance and I went to Max's for an anniversary dinner while in Atlantic City for the weekend. We sat down, received our menus, and about 4 minutes later my fiance alerted me to what he thought was a mouse a few feet away. I stood up to look and sure enough, there WAS A MOUSE!!!!! There was a crumb of food on the floor in which the mouse was chowing away on, then the mouse turned and ran across the floor. It did not towards the door, it ran futher into the restaurant. We were so appauled, we alerted the hostess to the area we saw the mouse and ran out the door. Not only would I NEVER EVER attempt to eat at Max's again, I do not think I would EVER attempt to eat on the 6th floor of Trump Plaza in ANY of their floor establishments. TRULY disgusted!!!

• Visited January 2012

Flemington, New Jersey
“Pathetic Experience from start to finish.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

I went to this restaurant with friends for a Bday Dinner. When reading the menu i thought to myself this BETTER be good because i'm not a big fan of paying $60-80 for a piece of meat. I ended up ordering the filet for $48. Not only was it overcooked but there was not one trace of seasoning on it. Literally...they took a small piece of meat (10 oz), threw it on the grill and then on the plate. $48 please. I also ordered a side of mushrooms and it was the same deal. a small portion with not a trace of any seasoning. I thought cooking involved COOKING not just heating. My wife got chicken and it was very overcooked and dry as a bone. The waiter was also very arrogant and sarcastic from the second we sat down. I am a huge fan of eating out and have been to some great steak houses but this was by far the most expensive and worst attempt at find dining i've had. I will never go back to this restaurant....i don't care if it's my mothers birthday.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Port Perry, Canada
“Great prime rib”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

They had a special for 29.99 for a 3 course meal. We had french onion soup, prime rib with potatos and fresh vegetables and chocolate cake for dessert. The prime rib was huge and tasted just as good. Atmosphere was fun and the waiters and manager made sure we had fun and enjoyed our meal while we were there.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank robl158
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
“Where's the Beef?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

We visited Max's Steakhouse during Restaurant Week in Atlantic City, which we did in years past. This time we were disappointed because there was more sizzle than beef. I ordered the New York strip steak and my wife ordered the prime rib. The quality of both were more on the order of buffet-style cuts, thin and not very tasty. This is very unusual for what is considered to be a high end steak house in Atlantic City. Obviously, they did the old bait and switch routine for this annual event, which I'm sure if Mr. Trump knew about this, would flip his wig. (My understanding is that Mr. Trum merely lends his name to the property and has no direct ownership anymore. This is what happens when the guy who's name is on the hotel is no longer involved.)

The appetizers (we each had two as part of the four course dinners) were fine as were the desserts.

Still a nice place to hang out, but the food is not up to Mr. Trump's standards.

• Visited March 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
MA
“Unexpected Value and Service for Price Fix”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2010

Went to Max's without reservations around 9ish on a Sunday night with no reservations. Usually we don't like or choose prix fix menu, but this time it appealed to us. 4 courses for $35 with great choices. I chose the lobster phyllo, lobster bisque, prime rib. My husband had the danish ribs, caesar salad and grilled sirloin. We were both pleased. Dessert was chef's choice or ice cream. We opted for the ice cream which was the best vanilla ice cream we have ever eaten, served at the perfect temperature. Not too frozen, but not soupy. Waitstaff was terrific, top notch service from Jose, Cynthia and the maitre'd. And they had a sense of humor. Great place. Nice menu other than the prix fix. Watch the drink prices, though. $12.50 for manhattans.

• 4 of 5 bubbles