“Overall very good”

Dock's Oyster House
Ranked #4 of 327 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Georgia Avenue
Description: Owned and operated by the Dougherty family since 1897, Dock's Oyster House is an Atlantic City institution. Offering a full raw bar with as many as 10 different oysters per night along with clams, mussels, shrimp, crabmeat, chilled lobster, tuna sashimi and ceviche, Dock's is renowned for the freshest seafood in town along with great steaks and an award-winning wine list. Dock's is currently open daily for takeout and for outdoor dining!
Reviewed September 29, 2019 via mobile

We had a tasty dinner here on a Friday night. We made a reservation which I would definitely recommend. While the food was very good we had a few observations: there is upstairs and main level seating - we were seated upstairs which felt out of the main action and away from the piano player (definitely a different quieter vibe upstairs); they use several staff to do different tasks - while you have a main waiter an assortment of others fill the water, bring bread, clear plates, bring your entree etc. However, this leads to service gaps. Our forks left with our salads and our entrees came and we didn’t realize we had no forks - because no server was in the area we had to get up and grab forks from a neighboring preset table. Additionally, my surf and turf steak was undercooked. I had to flag down a water person to send it back. Finally, about seven minutes later our waiter came to check on our order and saw my steak was sent back and went to retrieve it. We thought that this is a good restaurant overall, but would request to be seated downstairs. There was ample service staff but we felt like no one truly took ownership to insure our overall experience was superior.

1  Thank ShelliM957
Write a reviewReviews (1,634)

Reviewed September 29, 2019

We were staying at Bally's and a friend recommended Dock's. Our waiter was Diego and he gave us great suggestions. We started with the shrimp ceviche at his suggestion, which was perfect. We also got the Maine Clam chowder - very different from what we're used to, but delicious. We also ordered a salad - great salad. Then for our entree, we split the wasabi encrusted tuna and it was phenomenal - cooked perfectly. Then for dessert, he suggested "Joe's Cheese Pie." I don't like cheesecake, but this was so damn good. It came with raspberry sorbet and some whipped cream and its base was a buttery graham cracker. Oh my God it was amazing.

Diego knew that we were going to split everything and without us asking him, he had everything split onto separate plates. He was really wonderful.

My other favorite thing about this place was the piano player. He was playing show tunes that I know and love. If you'd like, you can sit at the bar in front of him, have a drink and sing along.

This is one of the better meals we've had and I'd go back in a second.

1  Thank Marci E
Reviewed September 22, 2019

This is by far one of the best restaurants EVER! Awesome bar, gorgeous interior and friendly welcome. Our waiter, Taz, was warm, informative and attentive without being intrusive. My cocktail was tasty, cold and tall. I started with the Caeser Salad. Yum! Dressed perfectly with shaved parmesan. Hubby had the Crab Au Gratin, which they graciously pureed, and mashed potatoes. I had the Flounder topped with Crab with tomato, mushroom, and asparagus in a beautiful cream sauce. Accompanied by a crisp tasty Sauvignon Blanc, my entree was delicious. Hubby loved his, too. Finished the meal with the Creme Brulee. Can't wait to go back. Oh, I'll have sweet dreams tonight!

Reviewed September 21, 2019

From the second that my parents and I stepped into the restaurant, we were greeted warmly from the hostess to the the table. The waiter was very considerate by bringing us extra plates without asking us. He came to check on us to see how we were doing. I had a great experience dining there. Every worker in there exceeded my expectation, I will definitely will be talking to my friends and family about this place AND definitely go back there again. My parents enjoyed the lobster and clams and oysters. My dad still talked about how good the lobster was a day later.

1  Thank honestgirl1981
Reviewed September 15, 2019

We have been to Atlantic City many times can’t believe we never went here. I think we always thought it would be to expensive. Not the case at all. The service and food where amazing. Seafood was best but a fire had the steak which was also very good. We will definitely go back

1  Thank NonnaB21