“Great atmosphere, but bring you wallet”

Dock's Oyster House
Ranked #4 of 327 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Georgia Avenue
Description: Owned and operated by the Dougherty family since 1897, Dock's Oyster House is an Atlantic City institution. Offering a full raw bar with as many as 10 different oysters per night along with clams, mussels, shrimp, crabmeat, chilled lobster, tuna sashimi and ceviche, Dock's is renowned for the freshest seafood in town along with great steaks and an award-winning wine list. Dock's is currently open daily for takeout and for outdoor dining!
Reviewed March 13, 2017

This restaurant has a great piano bar and really good food, but it is by no means inexpensive. Most entrees are a little steep in price, but the food is really, really good. I have eaten there several times and everything I ordered was delicious. The Maine clam chowder is very good as are the scallops. I would suggest ordering seafood at this restaurant; however, I would bet that anything you order would be fabulous.

Date of visit: March 2017
Write a reviewReviews (1,634)

Reviewed March 12, 2017 via mobile

Overall atmosphere, food, service and history. Of course you have to like seafood. You can't go wrong headed here for dinner.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed March 11, 2017 via mobile

We are never disappointed. Last night the restaurant was energized, no empty seats. 4 of us, 3 had the oyster app, they all loved it, I had the chowder which I have every time, so I guess it's delicious, dah! 3 people had the scallops which I tasted, they were delicious. But the best part was my filet. It was cooked perfect medium. It was amazing, through flavor, wow, texture so tender and the portion enough for me to fill up and everyone to taste. We love it there!!!❤

1  Thank hollymae3
Reviewed March 10, 2017

Yummy food - great service. Top shelf all the way. 5 lb. lobster imperial for ~$100 - steamed or broiled - oysters at 2 bucks each - can't remember what the wife had but she ended up licking her plate.

A must visit if you're in AC !!!

1  Thank RichStol
Reviewed March 10, 2017

Docks is an AC Landmark - Best Restaurant! I have often reserved a room in a nearby Casino in order to just dine at Docks! No gambling involved... only to have a fabulous dinner and experience at Dock's. I have been a faithful diner at Docks since the 90's when they had a piano player who played Meatloaf and Pink Floyd songs. Excellent food and personal service! I look forward to dining there again soon - and highly recommend!

Date of visit: April 2016