“Great Place”

Dock's Oyster House
Ranked #4 of 327 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Georgia Avenue
Description: Owned and operated by the Dougherty family since 1897, Dock's Oyster House is an Atlantic City institution. Offering a full raw bar with as many as 10 different oysters per night along with clams, mussels, shrimp, crabmeat, chilled lobster, tuna sashimi and ceviche, Dock's is renowned for the freshest seafood in town along with great steaks and an award-winning wine list. Dock's is currently open daily for takeout and for outdoor dining!
Reviewed February 23, 2017 via mobile

Exceeds your expectations!
Hellen is the best waitress and educated us on different types of oysters.And her asst. Will was terrific.
We travel all over the world and this place in Atlantic City shines!!
Great sea food and wines.
Obviously we loved the place, must give it a. Try if you are in the area .
We were here for business and came twice...
Great place for entertaining also, spacious bar and upstairs dining!

Date of visit: February 2017
Write a reviewReviews (1,634)

Reviewed February 22, 2017 via mobile

Not just your neighborhood oyster house, docks is truly an experience you must put on your bucket list. Whether your ordering oysters or filet mignon you will not be disappointed. The service is equal to the product they sell. In Atlantic City? Make reservations today!

Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

We did make a reservation and there is valet on the right side of restaurant. Street parking can be tough. We ordered a drink and looked at the menu. Asked waiter who was helpful for suggestions. I ordered six oysters and wound up getting three more. Delicious and very fresh. We also had the crab and corn soup which was very good. Wife had crab au gratin and loved it. I opted for the cod special that was great and waiter suggested after discussing my likes. Dan was well versed on the menu. Service was excellent and food was great. We split the cheese pie for desert and it was really good. If unsure about the place try the happy hour for drinks and snacks. We will go back. A bit pricey but fish is excellent and fresh food well prepared. Recommend reservation. All around good experience.

Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

Wife and I went for the first time. We've always heard great reviews.

I want first think our server whose name I can't recall, she was super! Very attentive to our needs.

My wife had scallop ceviche and I had a special salad for appetizer. Both items were incredible. For entrees she had the grilled snapper and I had the Dock's Seafood Fry.

She absolutely loved her meal. My meal first thought when I ordered a combo that included crab cake, flounder and shrimp was it would be smaller portions of all. This was not the case, everything was Large! And all taste great. The fries aren't traditional, but like slivers.

My wife ordered the chocolate cake which again was delicious.

This place gets a TEN!

Reviewed February 18, 2017 via mobile

Without appetizers or drinks, bill was over $100. The wait staff were attentive and meal was served promptly but for the price I would not have expected the salmon to be overlooked and dry. Nor should the lobster Thermidor be "soupy" with no real taste of sherry. The restaurant came highly recommended. Disappointed.