“Stunning renovation, tremendous food”

Dock's Oyster House
Ranked #4 of 327 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Georgia Avenue
Description: Owned and operated by the Dougherty family since 1897, Dock's Oyster House is an Atlantic City institution. Offering a full raw bar with as many as 10 different oysters per night along with clams, mussels, shrimp, crabmeat, chilled lobster, tuna sashimi and ceviche, Dock's is renowned for the freshest seafood in town along with great steaks and an award-winning wine list. Dock's is currently open daily for takeout and for outdoor dining!
Reviewed December 10, 2016

We usually visit Dock's during an annual convention, so we've been here several times. We were surprised to see the beautiful renovations this year, which creates a stunning dining atmosphere. The food was delicious and the wait staff was very attentive and friendly. This was one of our best meals of the week. This is a must stop when visiting Atlantic City.

Date of visit: December 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,634)

Reviewed December 6, 2016 via mobile

Wow, walked in Here around 415pm, drove down From LI, and On Way we couldn't wait to Get Here! Every year we would come here, last year they were closed for Renovation. We walked in and couldn't believe the transformation! Wonderful, we sat at bar and Chris took care of us, Professional and was very helpful. Happy hour 4-6 and Oysters were half price. They were soooo Good. We also had the Mac n cheese with lobster and then our Entrees. Everything was great. Our favorite restaurant while we are in town. Great Job.

Reviewed December 6, 2016

I would like to start by saying that the food at Dock's, depending on what you order is definitely above average. But, it is not the phenomenal experience that I had hoped it would be. I'd wanted to visit Dock's for YEARS, but had never had the pleasure of doing so. I visited this past Sunday with my husband and prepared myself for what I'd hoped would be a memorable meal.

The restaurant decors is pleasant. I loved the old world feeling that you get when you walk into the dining room. But, I found our server, Abraham to be sort of condescending and unpleasant. He wasn't engaging in the least and we left feeling like he was doing the absolute bare minimum.

We ordered an assortment of broiled and fried oysters. These exceeded our expectations! The fried oysters were very large, with me preferring the buffalo over the marinara, and my husband feeling the opposite. We both agreed that our absolute favorite of everything we tried was the champagne and leek. All of them were spectacular in their own right. My husband ordered the corn and crab chosder with jalapeno cream which was a major let down. It was watery and bland at best, with absolutely no jalapeno to speak of. It's saving grace was that I do concede that it did offer a decent amount of shellfish.

For dinner we ordered the seared sea scallops and crab meat au gratin. The main problem was that while the seafood was delicious, the accompaniments that they offer are afterthoughts. My scallops were cooked to perfection! They were among the top three preparations I've had in my life. But the mashed potatoes and broccoli rabe that they came with were just sort of thrown in as an afterthought. The same goes for the au gratin, which was delicious. But it came with a boring, overcooked vegetable medley. Don't get me wrong, the dishes we ordered were good. But, the restaurant's lack of attention to detail here definitely falls short of greatness.
We ended the meal with a slice of lemon meringue pie which was flat out awful. The meringue has lost all of it's airiness and we were served a stale, sad dessert that we definitely could have done without.

The bill came to something like $135, which certainly doesn't break the bank. But, I was overall disappointed with my experience. I expected more, and I believe that Dock's has more to offer if they'd just try to. I plan to return in the future, because after all, good restaurants in Atlantic City are hard to come by. I hope that when I do return, I'll have an experience that I know they have the capability of providing.

Reviewed December 1, 2016 via mobile

We are visiting from Nebraska and were looking for a great seafood restaurant and stumbled on this amazing gem. Our complements to the Chef, management, staff, entertainment, and ownership of this wonderful establishment. It is beautifully decorated, professionally trained staff, creative delicious recipes, a large variety of menu options, quality furnishings, and very inviting atmosphere.

Reviewed November 20, 2016 via mobile

I ordered the stuffed shrimp and my boyfriend ordered the pecan crusted salmon. Both were amazing and some of the best food I've ever had. Food was pricey but you get what you pay for. Drinks are strong and also very good. Would definitely eat here again when I'm in the Atlantic City area.

Date of visit: November 2016