“Awesome Oysters”

Dock's Oyster House
Reserve with OpenTable
Dock's Oyster House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 404 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Georgia Avenue
Memphis, Tennessee
“Awesome Oysters”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

As other reviews state, the tables are jammed in this place and each table has VERY little room. I made reservations a couple weeks in advance and I received a call the day before to confirm. We were seated immediately upon arrival. The waitress was very knowledgable and friendly. The service was lack luster but not because of our waitress. Dock's has different people servicing different items. So 1 person fills drinks, 1 person brings food etc etc. The water filler was the only one that was not attentive (potentially because he had to fill water in entire room?). I thought the entree prices were a bit high but the food was extremely good. Funniest part is that our waitress automatically brought us hot sauce for our oysters - we were the only table with hot sauce and I guess because we are Southern, she automatically assumed? Southern Stereotype...ha ha ha

Visited August 2013
1 Thank asumrall

Middletown, Delaware
“Rank Correctly”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife and I took a mini vacation, Sunday – Tuesday, in AC we typically eat at one of the casino restaurants, not the buffets. The wife really dislikes buffets. I wanted to try something different this trip. We are both season travelers in and out of the U.S. and I was very pleased with the quality of our meal. We had dinner reservations for a Monday evening and arrived early but were promptly seated. The only disappointment was the entree was delayed coming out but it was worth the wait. The restaurant did fill quickly after our arrival so I recommend reservations. I used “open table” with no problems.

Allenhurst, New Jersey
“Impressed the Boys”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Nine of us dined at Dock's the night before business meetings in AC. Some first timers among us, all came away stuffed. Had reservations and they were waiting for us on arrival. Everything from drinks to dessert were spot on. When in AC whether for business or pleasure, if seafood is your taste, then Dock's is your place.

3 Thank Bill C
Maryland, USA
“My new favorite for Seafood”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

So, I wondered how a family owned business could be number one in a huge restaurant Mecca like Atlantic City. You've got Morton's, Ruth's Chris and sooo many more. Well I gotta say its legit. The seafood was fantastic and fairly priced. My friend and I had soup and the New England Clam Chowder alone will bring me back! I loved it! The service was fabulous, the wait staff stands in the dining room watching to see if their guest need anything..... Imagine that. The crab and asparagus soup was awesome, my Raspberry Martini was perfect, but for $69 my friend and I split a four pound lobster. It was fantastic, steamed perfectly, not all soggy and I swear the tastiest lobster I've ever eaten. We were stuffed. Kudos to this restaurant for beating out the giants for first place. It's well deserved. My husband is a foody and a restaurant manager who has worked for the giants so I feel I know a little something! Don't miss this gem!

1 Thank kisswells
North Attleboro
“Very cozy”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Very cozy but not in a good way. Very close quarters and lots of noise. Very fine dining and food was fantastic though. Service was good.

Visited August 2013