“Amazing dinner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dock's Oyster House

Dock's Oyster House
Reserve with OpenTable
Dock's Oyster House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 379 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Georgia Avenue
philadelphia
“Amazing dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife, daughter, and I had a great dinner. My wife and I shared the Caesar salad with crab meat. My daughter had a clam chowder called a Maine chowder that had actually clams (and bacon) in it. My wife had the halibut and my daughter had the salmon that they both enjoyed. I had a 1 1/2 lb. lobster that was spectacular. The device was very attentive and helpful. There is a reason why the restaurant has been open for so long

Visited July 2013

Jackson, New Jersey
“fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Just had dinner at Docks and it was amazing. We had 7:45pm reservations and were seated a few minutes prior.
Our waiter Dennis was extremely attentive, and his suggestions for dinner were spot on. My wife and I were so struck by his professionalism that we had to note it to the manager.
Dinner was delicious. Raw seafood and salad for appetizers, seared scallops, and crab cakes for dinner and homemade banana crème pie for dessert.
If you are staying at one of the resorts in A.C. it is worth venturing to Docks.

Todd T

Stuart, Florida
“This is a must when in Atlantic City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I always loved this place. Mrs. D (if she is still with us) is such a sweetheart. What a hostess. The bar scene is great, with fresh shellfish displayed, fun people, and the piano where you can sing even if you are as bad a singer as I am. The food is fantastic. Not cheap, but worth every penny. Go there!

Visited September 2012
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Not in a casino; 2 blocks from bdwalk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My hubs and I love this place. We go to AC just to go here. (Live in Northern NJ). This is a very old restaurant, like 125 years or more, but the inside is remodeled to look old fashioned and trendy at the same time. It retains a cool blk/white small hexagonal tile floor, lots of dark woodwork, white tablecloths, and a great bar and also a piano player.

It is very romantic if you want it to be. On this visit, we got to the bar early and the bartender (tall, dark haired, from Bulgaria, Mikal?) was an expert in mixing special cocktails. He made me a pear/pomegranate martini which was lovely and a Manhattan for my husband. The other bartender is very nice and friendly too; we remembered him from our last visit.

We had 8 PM reservations, and were shown to our table...and our waitress was capable and friendly...I ordered 8 oysters and they brought me an assortment of 3 kinds, and explained them to me which was very helpful, an oyster test-tasting if you will. Then I ordered the lamb, which I've had before and is always amazing. You receive about 8 chops, with potatoes and sautéed beets julienned or thinner as a garnish...it is super great.(about $30).

My husband had the scallops, which come with mashed potatoes and spinach, it is also great and is popular. For dessert, we had a trio of gelato, and we loved it.

Afterward, the bartender, Mr. Nice Guy, offered to make my husband a special drink. So we walked back over there and he mixed up a special cocktail, called "Penicillin", which had 2 single malt whiskeys, and a ginger-brandy mixture. There were about 7 steps to mixing this, and he took great care to make it Perfect. My husband loved it (although about $20!).

All in all, it was another great night in Docks and we wish we could treat lots of people we know to this place!~

1 Thank jackie F
New York City, New York
“Very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This place is old fashioned in the best sense of the word. Unlike some diners, we didn't wait at all for our reserved table on a Friday night. The service was good (not perfect) and the food was delicious. I had flounder stuffed with crabmeat and it was excellent. My oysters Rockefeller were tasty but had pieces of shell in them, which could be dangerous. My companion has some very good soft shell crabs. I think the food is better than most places in Atlantic City. The tables are very close together and the noise level was high at times. I will return to try more of their food. It's not fine dining, but the food is wonderful. Be sure to make a reservation since this place is very popular.

• 4 of 5 stars