“Great as usual”

Dock's Oyster House
Reserve with OpenTable
Dock's Oyster House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 404 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Georgia Avenue
north carolina
“Great as usual”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Oysters on the half shell, corn and crab chowder, crab cakes, stuffed flounder. Those were our appetizers and entrees and they could not have been better. The service was "right on time" thanks Amy for an enjoyable dinner.

Visited February 2013

Detroit, Michigan
“Fresh Oysters, Good cocktails, and good atmosphere”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Rolled in around 8:30 for an 8:45 reservation on a Saturday night with a buddy I hadn't seen in years. The place was bumpin', but we amazingly managed to snag a couple seats at the bar. The bartender made the drinks correctly, and people around us seemed like a pretty good slice of NJ...not pretentious. The place can get pretty loud, so I was happy we were seated in the corner by the hostess stand...slightly quieter. 2 dozen oysters, which were fresh and from PEI, CT, and NJ. I'd definitely recommend the Cape May Salts from NJ...medium/small tender and delicious...who knew NJ had decent oysters? We snagged a bottle of Oregon Pinot that was surprisingly reasonably priced...$85 for Domaine Serene (Evenstad Reserve). It was good, but not legendary.
We both went for filet mignon for the entree portion of the meal. Generously sized, and cooked properly made for a good dinner. Side of Shrooms to go along with the mashies made for a good combination. Skip desert and we closed the place down shortly before Midnight. It took about 30 mins before we could get a cab. Overall...good, and I'd definitely go back next time I'm stuck in Atlantic City on business.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Amazing Food Ok Atmosphere Nice Service”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was staying in AC last Thursday and decided to try Dock's. I tried to book a table thru Open Table which told me there were no tables available for two. I called the restaurant directly to ask for a 7:30 reservation and they said they could do 7:45. When we arrived we were seated immediatly. The place was more than half empty, so I'm unsure why they moved my time request up 15 minutes, but sincerely wasn't a big deal. I had the clams casino and my friend had the maine clam chowder. I liked the clams casino, and it was just as another reader described. open clam with onion and pepper chopped on top with a piece of bacon topping the whole thing. It was delicious. I live in Cape May, NJ. We are known for our seafood and I have had it like this many times, so I'm not sure why the other reader thought this was an unusual way to prepare it.
I tasted the Maine clam chowder and it was amazing! It comes with open steamed littleneck clams right in the soup which is a white cream based soup. When I go back, I will certainly order it for myself going forward.
I had the Jersey flounder stuffed with crabmeat. It was amazing and the sauce that it came with was to die for! It was also the thickest piece of flounder that I have ever been served! The filling was all jumbo lump crabmeat with minimal fillers. This dish was hearty, delicious, and filling with plenty of leftovers to take home. My friend had the filet and it was good too. He didn't care for the vegatable mix of squash, baby carrots, and zuchinni that came with it.
We didn't have dessert. Our server was attentive and knowledgable about all the dishes. She checked on us and helped remove my friends dinner jacket.
I used the restroom and it was clean and tasteful.
There was a piano man playing during dinner, and although I understand that this is their choice of atmosphere, I could have done without it. I thought it was too distracting and I would have rather listened to soft piped in music.
I have already made reservations to take my son there for his birthday next week. I will ask for a booth instead of a table and I will certainly order the Maine Clam Chowder.

Ogunquit
“What a letdown”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This past Sunday night I took my girlfriend out to celebrate her birthday. Dock's had been highly recommended to us. I made my reservation through open table and added that it was a birthday celebration. Now, we are both in our 60's so it wasn't meant to be a big deal...I just wanted it acknowledged...or at least expected that it would be. But that's really not my problem with the restaurant. When we arrived and checked in...for a 6:30 reservation...it was not busy.....the hostess was rude and not at all engaging. Although there were lots of available tables, they seated us by the kitchen. Then we ordered dinner. We had the oyster sampler ( which was great), tuna tartar ( which wasn't) and their version of Clams Casino ( which was unlike any I had ever had before and they were not good). I believe if you are going to make and sell a version of a classic dish...and you change the recipe or style of the dish...your server should tell you that upfront or it should be described in the menu. these were so not Clams Casino.....they were whole clams covered in red and green peppers with a few specks of bacon and no crumbs. We really didn't care for them. And they all came at the same time! So we are at a two top table with three large appetizers and no place to put anything. We finally asked for them to combine two tables for us which they did begrudgingly. As soon as we finished our appetizers....the plates were cleared and out came our entre. No time between courses. the entre was the swordfish special and it was average at best. the problem was that all the food had the same taste. The highlight of the meal was the pomme frites souflee which were fabulous....they are these amazing puffy french fries. We skipped coffee and dessert because we felt rushed and by that point we were disappointed in the whole experience. this is not a cheap restaurant and maybe this was a bad night...but I would never go back unless it was to sit at the bar...drink wine and eat oysters and the puffy french fries. And the hostess should perk up or leave.

Sayreville, New Jersey, United States
“Great Seafood Place”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Excellent food, attentive service. Great oyster selection!! Loved the cucumber martini! Can't wait to go back!