“Still Our #1 Restaurant”

Dock's Oyster House
Reserve with OpenTable
Dock's Oyster House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 396 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Georgia Avenue
Westmont, New Jersey
“Still Our #1 Restaurant”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Dock's never disappoints us. We started coming here years ago for the fresh oysters - we keep coming back for the delicious food made with the finest ingredients. Their seafood is truly spectacular. Tonight's meal started with my favorite salad, made with fresh greens, radicchio, orange segments, pistachios and dressed with the tastiest of citrus vinegarettes. My husband, of course, had the oysters. His dinner was a crab topped flounder filet sitting in a bed of creamy sauce with asparagus while mine was six huge, succulent fried shrimp served with vegetables cooked perfectly in a tasty sauce and a baked potato. We ended with truly homemade REAL key lime pie that had a buttery graham crust and key lime filling that was the perfect mix of sweet and tart. Service is the best; attentive without being overbearing. Although my husband & I are only able to get to Dock's a few times a year (due to the distance from our home), we are always greeted as if we are true "regulars". Just a short story to add: I raved about Dock's to my elderly Mother a few years back. She was quick to point out that she and my Father had honeymooned in AC in 1948 and had eaten a lovely meal at Dock's.

1 Thank Terri F

“Phenominal!!! Great for families as well.”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is our second time at Dock's and the experience was wonderful. The entire staff is outstanding and they all dote on every need. Delicious oysters and clams on the 1/2, an extensive wine list, and a menu that makes it very difficult to choose from makes this restaurant one of the best. We have a 4 year old and an 8 year old and they were treated like gold. If you are in AC, you must go here. They also have on-site valet parking.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Rayhaa281
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Our favorite”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is the place I take my wife for her birthday! As you can see she reviews all over the globe, but when in New Jersey this is our special restaurant. The service, staff and food are all top shelf. Sit at the bar and chit chat and listen to the piano first, a great experience.

Visited February 2013
Sussex, New Jersey
“Great Local Eatery”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I recently spent a few days in AC and was looking for a Non-Casino Place to eat, with Great Fish for some, but great Steak for me. Dock's came highly recommended on the net and from friends but the history of 3 generations of a family running a place peaked my interest.
Great Drinks, Old Fashioned Great, attentive Wait Staff and whild everyone else enjoyed the best Seafood in memory (the scallops were a big hit) I had the best Fillet Dinner ever.
History, Greaat Food and Drink, Great Staff, Away from the Casinos.... If you want better, you won't find it!

• Visited January 2013
Woodbridge, New Jersey
“Fresh and Delicious”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My parents always come to Dock's so I was very excited to finally try it for myself! I love the feel of the restaurant. Great service, piano playing, and dimmed lights. But more importantly, the food is delicious and fresh. My boyfriend had the oysters which he said were very fresh. I had the corn and crab soup which was creamy and included many pieces of lump crab meat. The corn gave the soup a nice pop of texture. For my main course, I had the scallops with broccoli rabe. The scallops were seared beautifully and the broccoli rabe was cooked nicely. The mashed potatoes were also great. My boyfriend had the snapper and this was definitely the table favorite. The bernaise sauce was OUT OF THIS WORLD! It is a nice change of pace from all of the bustling "brand name" restaurants that AC has to offer. I'd definitely go back.

Visited February 2013