“Slicing in the New Year”
Review of Chef Vola's

Chef Vola's
Ranked #5 of 413 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Celebrated New Year's Eve at Chef Vola, our favorite restaurant at the Jersey shore.
Wonderful, family operated place. Everyone got the house salad, a choice of pasta with a choice of four sauces, and one of 10 menu choices, followed by one of Louise's terrific desserts. Had the best veal chop I've had in years. Close to midnight, they moved some of the dining room tables, making room for a compact dance floor. Louis had assembled a playlist and we danced until 1 a.m. Before dessert, Louise presented a challah from Nino's Bakery. Somewhere there was a plastic wrapped quarter in the bread. Each person took a turn slicing the challah and the one who discovered the quarter was promised good luck all year. It was a fun, exciting ritual. And we got to take the challah home for delicious French toast the next day.

1  Thank stanleymanly

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Four of us from Massachusetts visited Atlanic City over the weekend for the second time. On our first trip in March of 2012, we had gone to Chef Vola's based on recommendations made on this board, and were absolutely amazed by the quality of food, and the atmosphere. We were so amazed by it, that I actually cancelled an enitre return trip to A.C. in September of 2012 when I couldnt get a reservation at Chef Vola's during our trip!
Thankfully this trip, I was able to get a table for us on Friday night, and everything was as good as I remembered. You simply can not get a better Veal Parmasean anywhere. If you think you can, I want to know about it so I can try it for myself. My wife had the Bologonase sauce on Penne, and that was fabulous as well. On our previous trip, one of the others in our group had gotten the Sea Bass, and it was the best piece of fish I had ever tried. This time, she ordered a Salmon that wasnt on the menu, but was a special, and that was spectacular as well. Dinner was so good(again), that I talked with the owners and got another reservation for the next night as well! The second night was just as good as the first - this time we ordered a veal chop with a mushroom demi glace, a Chicken Parmesan, Chicken Cacciatore, and a Snapper dish that was also a special for the night- all of them outstanding.
Both nights we finsihed with desserts- a creme Brule pie, and a Chocolate Peanut Butter pie- both memorable finshes to 2 memorable meals.
Ive read some reviews about how the servers were rude, and how people "don't get it." If you "don't get it," then you dont understand what a true family dining experince is supposed to be. If you are looking for a quiet, elegant, place for dinner, then keep looking. IF you are looking for the best food you may eat, then this is the place. The servers are great, regular, down to earth people. We plan mini vacations around dinner reservations at this place. To me- that says it all.

1  Thank soxfan70
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Every foodie knows about Chef Vola's but trying it yourself is an amazing experience. Yes, it is teenie tiny inside, and that only adds to the experience. You walk in to a wall of every celebrity known to man posing for a picture with the owners. If you have a party of 6 or more you might be lucky enough to get one of the bigger tables in the back. Your waiter (we had one of the owners sons) will ramble off a laundry list of everything they have that would be impossible for you to completely comprehend and remember. We started with a family style antipasto and two linguini dishes one with blush sauce - you need to get this! The other with clams. 5 out of 6 of us ordered the famous veal chop. Comes on-the-bone, cuts like butter, and is heaven in your mouth. The hardest part about this meal was trying to convince ourselves to save room for dessert; Definitely the best part of the meal. Their reputation precedes them, and only because it is the truth. If you get the opportunity to go you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

My party of six visited Chef Vola's on Friday, December 13, 2013; we had a 9pm reservation. We arrived on time and were immediately seated. It is "tight" seating at Chef Vola's...but I find that part of the charm. It's like eating as one big, happy family. It is loud, but in a fun way...if you want quiet then go to a church or a library.

Our waiter was John, but everyone working is your waiter...ask and they will get it for you. It is BYOB and the staff is armed with corkscrews and bottle openers. I have been to Chef Vola's about a dozen times and I have never even looked at the menu. Just order one of the 'specials'.

The house salad is delicious and plentiful, all six of us shared. Those in our party ordered the veal chop parmesan, veal chop milanese, flounder francaise, clams and pasta, and a vegetarian pasta. All thoroughly enjoyed their meals and we all had food to take home.

For dessert...you haven't lived until you've had Chef Vola's banana cream pie. It is out of this world!

Can't wait to go back...and when making a reservation you will have to wait.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Located in a basement of an old house this has the most unique atmosphere. It is like going back to Italy. The food is outstanding the service is exceptional. Truly one of the best restaurants that I have ever been to. A real gem.