“Really,really good food and service. Ambience - meh”
Review of Chef Vola's

Chef Vola's
Ranked #12 of 406 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Staten
“Really,really good food and service. Ambience - meh”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Went here for a birthday celebration - wife, son in law, daughter and me. Had an 8pm reservation, and we were promptly seated on the outdoor "terrace" (its the porch)
That turned out to be a blessing - beautiful summer night and just the right temperature
Downstairs in the main dining room it looked terribly cramped. The one restroom is in the kitchen and you sort of have to duck the waiters and bus people as they gather orders and deposit dishes
We ordered one large salad for 4, and then 2 plates of pasta one red sauce with clams, one white with clams.
Orders came right away and they were very, very, good.
For the entree, there were 3 chicken dishes and one signature veal parm, with bone in. When I asked for prosciutto on the dish it was happily accommodated. One side dish of artichokes and onions.- WOW. All the dishes were plentiful, and we all took food home. Every main course was again, excellent.
There are dozens of desserts and every one sounded great. We settled for 1 peanut butter tartuffo, 1 creme brulle pie, one homemade rice pudding and one lemon sorbet. Again - food was great.
Bottom line - if you can get in this is certainly a destination site. If you are uneasy with crowded places, ask for the outside dining

1 Thank Stu F

Venice, Florida, United States
“A Fair unbiased review”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Lets get the really good stuff out of the way early. The house salad is as good or better than you will get ANY WHERE ELSE. I had the veal parmesian. Never had better and we have been to Venice, Milan and Rome. The spinach with garlic is excellent. As long as you like garlic, which I do. Desserts and cappuccino can't be beat. Service, I must admit is as good as, or better than we have ever had EVER. SERIOUSLY, BEST EVER. Here's my problem, snooty arrogance, subtly nuanced by the fact that they do not accept credit cards and are unwilling to separate checks for two couples. Many have complained they do not answer the phone, so reservations are " impossible" to get. We were there because friends had made reservations on there last visit knowing we would be visiting them.
Tip if you get there".....Eat in the basement, but not by the kitchen door or in front of the air conditioner. DON'T FORGET TO BRING YOUR WINE (BYO) AND YOUR FAVORITE AFTER DINNER DRINK. I RECOMMEND ANASETTE(sp)OR LEMONCELLO.
Simply the best.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank CharlieShilling
“Awesome!!!!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Chef Vola's 3 times now and it is by far my favorite restaurant ever! Dominick is awesome. Great service and great food. My wife and I get the chicken cutlet ariabatta (not sure how to spell it) but it is amazing. Chicken cutlet with a spicy red sauce and pepperoni and potatoes. For dessert we got my favorite butterscotch ricotta cheesecake and my wife tried the peach walnut ricotta cheesecake. This may be my new favorite. It was awesome. Can't wait to go back!

1 Thank 3sons314416
West Orange, New Jersey
“Great food, great service!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This family owned restaurant has not disappointed us in 30 years. The food is excellent every time!! Seating is very tight and sometimes noisy but the food is so good that the atmosphere never gets in the way.

2 Thank Janice E
Boston, Mass
“The food is sooooo good and waitstaff professional”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

the food is to die for!!! the only negative part is there were only two seating's ...one around 5 and the other around 9:30......by the time we finished was quite late.....the other issue is the seating arrangements are very cramped which was fine because I was with twenty close friends.....
can bring your own alcoholic beverages which we did!

will definitely be back!