“Consistently Great”

Chef Vola's
Ranked #4 of 396 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently Great”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Went with a group of people from work and had a great time. The crab cakes were excellent and all of their franchaise dishes were fantastic. Of course the desserts were to die for. Our favorite is the banana cream pie. Can't wait to go back!

Visited March 2013

New Jersey
“Lou's "Veal Parm Chop" Had My Guys at Hello!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Dropped down from North Jersey for the night with a couple of my guys so a big thanks to Lou for hooking us up on a Thursday evening! So after getting tired of hearing me rave about the veal parmesan chop my "two doubting Thomas" buddies needed a little food religion during the Easter season. We had to wait for our table however Lou was gracious enough to bring us some glasses and open our fist bottle of vino so the wait didn’t seem to bother us. In the small waiting area there is an assortment of pictures of celebrities from Mickey Mantle to Beyonce. Stanley was our waiter who anxious to run down the specials however we were there for one thing and one thing only, the veal parm chop!

We kept it basic … a few bottles of wine, shared house salad, two bowls of linguine ($10 each) and a personal veal parm chop ($40/each). As usual the veal chop was large enough to cover the entire plate. It was priceless to see the expression when the entrees arrived … they looked like someone who came was face to face with their favorite celebrity! The verdict was as predicted, the absolute best veal parmesan ever which was as good a complement you can get from two guys who are critical about everything especially food. The number one rule we have is you eat everything you order so we did.

For dessert, banana cream pie ($9/slice) and coffee. The pie was semi-frozen which was debated since we did not know if it was meant to be that way or was over chilled. I had no issue either way. The total damage with a 20% tip was $240 which as always is transacted through a vintage cash box ... credit cards are taboo. Veni, vidi, vici!

It was good to see Lou’s parent’s (Mr. and Mrs. Esposito) as well who were on site with a big smile on their face! Why wouldn’t they since I was there … lol! Can’t wait to come back!

• Visited March 2013
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Great food, not so much a "kept secret" anymore”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

To be honest, I liked it better when not everyone and their mother could get reservations. This place used to be barely known and if you knew someone you could get a reservation within the next 2 weeks. Not any more, and that takes a little away from the experience. The food is great! Everything is very traditionally italian, like your old italian grandmother would make! Portions are HUGE. My favorite is the three-pasta appetizer and the filet with bleu cheese butter entree. AMAZING! The desserts are always awesome too! And service is great!

Visited September 2012
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
“Annual trip with the guys”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Always love this restaurant. Surprisingly survived Sandy considering it's in the basement of a house. Excellent food, as always. Have been there summers with my wife also. Be prepared for very cramped tables - I kinda like it though for this experience. Must reserve well in advance & be patient on the phone if you are not a regular. Out of this world desserts also!

Visited March 2013
“Simply amazing!!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

For the ones who gave Chef Vola's a bad to just ok review, it's obvious you don't appreciate great food! My wife and I went there last night and were amazed!! From the soup to the main course then it's the banana cream pie. Wow!!! That's about all I can say!! Simply amazing!!

2 Thank larrysal