“All I can say is Wow! What a secret Gem!”
Review of Chef Vola's

Chef Vola's
Ranked #4 of 399 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“All I can say is Wow! What a secret Gem!”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I have s lot to say but just don't feel like writing it all again! I wrote about 5 paragraphs on this restaurant a few days ago about the night last week my wife and I ate here and lost it all so this one will be shorter. Let me start by saying all the positive reviews are dead on! You will have a difficult time finding this place. Kind of in the ghetto down the road from a Strip club. No sign out front and it looks like a house. My wife and I were about to leave when we saw 2 couples open a side basement door and come out with these JC Penny size shopping bags of leftovers. They were laughing and having a great time! We asked if this was a restaurant and they said the most amazing restaurant they ever ate at. We decided to go in.
We called at 6pm to try to get in and the guy who answered the phone said if we came in around 9:30 he'd squeeze us in. It was a Wednesday night. From what I heard on the weekend you need a couple month advance to make reservations. They say us and you did feel like you were in someones basement. Very dimmly lit and cramped. To make a long story short the food was amazing great portions and great taste. I got the veal parm that they are famous for on the bone. As you can see in the picture it was huge! My wife ordered the special which was a huge chicken breast which she got fried with spicy aribatta sauce and smothered in pepperoni, potatoes, and cheese. This was amazing! Liked it better than my veal actually. I highly recommend. Save room for dessert. We got the homemade banana cream pie with oreo cookie crust which was great but my butterscotch ricotta cheesecake was the most amazing thing I ever had and I love dessert. Like nothing I ever had. It came out hot and I burned my tongue even though my waiter warned me but I didn't even flinch. Very light and what a flavor!
So don't let the no sign outside of the restaurant fool you. It actually is a secret gem that does no advertising from what I heard just all word of mouth. Make a reservation though I heard it gets really packed! We also went home and ate the leftovers for lunch the next day. Can't wait to go back!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“ONE OF THE BEST IN AC”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

First of all it is VERY HARD to get a reservation at this place....so call weeks ahead. The staff and the food are great. You can not go wrong with any dish. It is a BYOB so bring something special. Now the one thing I dislike is the place is small and you are on top of one another..but that is what the place is about. I can say it is worth the wait to get to eat here as you will not be disappointed.

Jerry Ehrlich from the great city of Philadelphia

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank Jerry E
Pennington, New Jersey
“Chef Violas”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Hard to get reservations, but what great food. You must like Italian and small places, it is a BYOB. Call weeks ahead when you know you are going to be in the area.

Visited March 2012
Milford, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Veal is Haven”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Veal is Haven at Chef Vola's, every order was wonderful, note very small place but worth the trip, great time, Dissert was to die for.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Rudy M
Ocean City, New Jersey
“Best Veal dishes”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We tried the veal Saltambuca and veal chop. Both were among the most flavorful and juicy dishes we ever tried. Don't skip dessert, their banana pie is awesome.

• Visited March 2012