“Beware” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Angeloni's II

Angeloni's II
Ranked #58 of 393 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Stony Brook
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beware”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We entered at 5:00pm in April 2013. A woman was pitching silverware into a metal tray divider-banging and clanging during the meal. A glass of house wine was served warm and stale. The waiter did not take it back and we were charged for it. Bread was served cold. At the waiter's suggestion, pork chop piazzola was ordered. It appeared to have possibly been taken directly from the freezer and thrown onto the grill because the pork chop was too hard to chew. The staff seemed unwelcoming and generally annoyed to be working.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Steffie S

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Can't Go Wrong Here....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Whenever we visit Atlantic City, this is always dinner one night. Old school Italian, great food, great service. They always remember us and make us feel like family. The décor is dated, silverware subpar (and definitely needs updating), but the food and wine list is wonderful.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank smrsnshine
New Jersey
“Better (and cheaper) meal than most of the casino establishments”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Growing up less than an hour from Atlantic City, I had eaten at my fair share of casino restaurants. While many are good, they are almost all overpriced. After finding Angeloni's II, I can finally say I was able to find a great meal in AC for a reasonable price.

I was in Atlantic City for the Miss America parade with wife’s family. My future brother-in-law suggested Angeloni’s II after eating at their original location several times in the past (which was a few blocks away). The building, both inside and out, looks you are transported to a different time and location (you feel that you are in a local, family Italian joint in North Jersey during the 1940s and have to remind yourself that it is 2013 and you are less than a half a mile from the lights and noise of the casinos).

When we were seated, it felt like you were invited into someone’s home. The waiter came over and asked how we were doing and what we would like to drink. When we said we were thinking about wine he asked whether we liked red or white. We said “red” and then he asked what variety of red. There was a disagreement amongst the table so the waiter said, “wait one minute. I will be right back.” He came back with a bottle of Mirassou Sunset Red, which is a pinot noir blended with zinfandel and merlot. He said, “sound good?” The girls said “yes.” However, being cynical and knowing that restaurants often use this tactic to deceive you into buying a $250 bottle, I said “before you open it, how much is the bottle.” He said “$89, but you seem like nice people, so how about $29?” I said “sold.” I am glad he didn’t try to “up-sell” us and trick us into buying an expensive bottle of wine, as many restaurants do. As a side note, I found the bottle afterwards at my local liquor store for $12. Considering most wine is usually marked up, on average, 300% at restaurants, I think it was a good deal.

As for the food, we started with risotto balls, which were filled with a smoky, gooey, provolone cheese and a side of marinara dipping sauce. I think it was $10 for 3 of them. We were contemplating ordering another round of them because they were so good. However, my friend said the portions were large, so we resisted. I ordered the chicken parm. It was one of the top 5 best chicken parms I have ever had. Sometimes when you get chicken parm, the chicken is either chewey/rubbery and has no flavor as a result of overcooking the chicken and not properly seasoning it. This was not the case here. And the breading on it was perfect and stayed on the chicken (as opposed to separating from it, which sometimes happens the second you cut into a piece of breaded chicken). Other entrees included the veal braciole, gnocchi, cheese ravioli, penne al vodka with shrimp, and cheese raviolis. Everyone was happy with their selections, especially my future brother-in-law who ordered the veal braciole.

The chicken parm and veal braciole came with a side of pasta, as well as soup or salad, while the pasta dishes came with a soup or salad. The salads were very good (I had the balsamic) and very large. My wife got her salad with blue cheese and said it tasted like a good quality fresh blue cheese (as opposed to some generic bottled dressing).

We had 2 bottles of wine, 1 jack and coke, 5 entrees, and 1 appetizers and the bill came to about $175 (before tax and gratuity), a steal for Atlantic City. With great food, large portions, and attentive service, you won’t go wrong if you eat at Angelonis.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Slish81
“SO GLAD WE DINED HERE LAST NIGHT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Thank you Angelonis for the best meal while visiting friends in Ocean City.......we drove into AC last night for an Italian meal..
We'll, what a wonderful surprise.......very close to Italian cuisine near Sorrento, Italy.........shared the chicken livers wrapped in bacon with a burgundy wine reduction....best ever !! Then enjoyed chicken Marsala which I haven't eaten for years .....sampled my friends plates....eggplant rollatini, veal bracciola and clams over linguini.......did I mention the salad was covered with HOMEMADE blue cheese dressing to die for !!!!
First time here, I only hope to return.......
This place is better than Angelo's which is close by and I ate dinner a few nights before.......
Congrats for making this a memorable night....

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Pat M
New York City, New York
“The real old-school Italian deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Charming old building with a separate bar and dining rooms very good classic Italian food and service, and an AMAZING wine list. Make sure you arrive really hungry.

• Visited August 2013