New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Don't fix what isn't broken!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tony's Baltimore Grill

Tony's Baltimore Grill
Ranked #89 of 391 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Hammonton, New Jersey
“Don't fix what isn't broken!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

My first visit to Tony's Baltimore Grill was in 1976 when I started working in Atlantic City pre-casino days!! Tony's décor has not been changed in the 38 years since my first visit. Also, even though the same waitresses are not there, the waitresses are still as "colorful!" Most importantly, and thankfully, their pizza is the same with a delicious thin crispy crust. By far THE best pizza I have ever had. The only difference I see: the line of people waiting to get in has disappeared. The line of "shoobies" would be half way around the block waiting in the summer heat. Although, locals knew the best times to enjoy Tony's without the lines...after all the bars in Margate and Somers Point closed, Tony's pizza was the perfect ending to a great night.
Perhaps new customers are turned off by the staid appearance of Tony's. However, there are those of us who can still appreciate the nostalgia. While I appreciate the ambiance of an upscale restaurant, I have yet to find a place that makes better pizza than Tony's!
If you are expecting fine dinning at Tony's, don't. Tony's should be accepted "as is" and enjoyed for staying the course.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Will always be a Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Perfect place to duck in, grab a beer and pizza. The crowd at the bar whether Saturday afternoon, or the early morning Sunday hours never disappoints. You see them all at Baltimore Grill. They don't pretend to be more than they are, and that's what I like about this place. Chris and Nino always have a story and a ready beer. Meatballs, pasta dishes, onion pie, always delivers.

Visited July 2014
Lighthouse Point, Florida
“An Atlantic City don't miss place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Eating here is like going back in AC history. The place never changes (not always the best thing. A little housecleaning and freshening would do wonders) the food is consistently good and very reasonable. In the day everyone ate here. It serves late and the food is very good. Only complaint they are famous for their Atlantic City Italian bread. We received a stale loaf. It was hard to find the server to tell her. By the time she came back our meals were there so we missed out. It is a don't miss. In spite of a few misses on my next time I come to AC I will be back. Where else can you eat where the Rat Pack ate? Unfortunately probably same furniture. Don't miss the pizza, it is legendary.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Retiredhotelier34391
Maryland
“Excellent pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

I decided to let the next generation taste some awesome pizza. I remember getting pizza from Tony's as a little girl when we were in town. I have recently treated my son to the pizza and he was thrilled. It will definitely be one of our stops next time we are in town. The pizzas aren't huge so be sure to order plenty. My teenage can eat a whole one by himself.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank LMS2017
Portland, Maine
“Nothing out of the ordinary”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

It was a reasonably priced restaurant with good sized portions. The food was italian american, that was ok. Looks like it doubles as an event hall. Some of the waitresses were excellent and some never knew they had a table. I would choose something different.

Visited April 2014