“Great place to eat!”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Bronx, New York
“Great place to eat!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

What a great place to eat. I was in the mood for Italian and found this place. I had the Meatballs and Ravioli and it melted in my mouth. We will def go there again when in AC.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank SweetButter149

Berwick, PA
“Terrific Pizza”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We went here in August of 2013. Cold Beer. Yummy Pizza. We wanted something different than the typical boardwalk places. This was more our style. Dark and quiet.

• Visited August 2012
New York, New York, United States
“SCALLOPS!!!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The best scallops I have ever tasted!!! The pizza is great!!!! The service is good. Family oriented!!!

• Visited December 2012
Philadelphia
“Old time favorite”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have been going to Tony's Baltimore Grill since I was in high school (which is more than a few years ago!) Everything has stayed the same- the decor, a lot of the staff, but most importantly the food. Tony's still has the best pizza on the island and I get it every time I come here. In fact, my order never changes. A plain pizza and an antipasto, sometimes a side of spaghetti or meatballs. It's always perfect. If you want an inexpensive meal that will please the entire family, come here. Don't let the ambiance, or lack thereof, fool you.

• Visited May 2013
New Jersey
“Have a Few Drinks Before You Go To "Enhance" the Experience”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

For years I have driven past this place yet never went there except for now. I was staying at the Tropicana so it is just a short walk around the corner. I had recently read in a New Jersey monthly publication that this was a throwback place with the best pizza in town so the time had come for me to check it out.

The interior was retro 60’s and reminded me of the Star Tavern in Orange NJ. There were a large number of booths as well as tables. There is also a big sign that tells you to seat yourself. The booths are tight so if you have two people sharing a side one of you will be hanging a leg out into the aisle. There were music players at each booth which you never see any more since this wen the way of the eight track player. We opted for a table which was a good call.
Well the first thing that was evident was the poor service. Eventually a terse waitress came over and “provided” us with menus. Coming in we did not expect much of this place and the menu was consistent with that expectation. We went with the basics; antipasto salads, pizza and spaghetti with meatballs, accompanied with Chianti. Note that the menu shows typed of wine but not the actual win name or vintage so we rolled the dice. Also to note, on the menu it clearly states “Cheese Pizza (red or white)” so I asked for the red and the waitress asked why I didn’t want cheese. I said I did want cheese so she said then you don’t want red you want a cheese pizza. Right there I knew there was an attitude going with her. In any other place a cheese pizza, red is cheese and sauce and a cheese pizza, white, is cheese without sauce but somehow that’s not the case here. Once we got it straight she told us it would be 20 minutes which seemed long but was OK since we were starting with the antipasto.
The antipasto contained iceberg lettuce, thin slice onions, a slice of beet, a few cucumber slices, half of a hardboiled egg, a slice of provolone, a slice of salami and some tomato slices. On the table was another classic, a small shaker bottle of oil and one of wine vinegar. Served with it was some low budget Italian bread. I was disappointed that there were no olives or pepperoncini peppers.
The wine came along with the antipasto salad and was already uncorked which I must admit is a rarity. The label said it was a Ruffino Chianti but who knows if they recycled the bottle and pored something else in.
The size of the pizza was disappointing at about 12”. It was thin crust and not greasy. I would say it was good but I have had much better. Perhaps after a night of drinking it would taste better. For a famous NJ food reviewer to say this is the best pizza in Atlantic City makes me wonder how bad the rest of it is in town or if he had a few too many beers.
Eventually we got to the spaghetti and meatballs. The spaghetti was very thick and the sauce was very tart. One of my buddies decided to sweeten it up by adding two handfuls of grated cheese. Actually I think he was trying to kill the taste. The two meatballs were decent in size but also a non-event. I asked if they had Tabasco sauce and the waitress said sure I’ll be right back. She returned with a small shaker bottle of some type of Louisiana hot sauce which definitely was not Tobasco.
The total bill, with two bottles of wine, tax and tip was $109. It was interesting that the waitress who was oft nowhere to be found was all over me like a cheap suit watching me sign the credit card slip. After adding the tip and signing I thought to myself, good bye, and good luck, good riddance!

• Visited May 2013