“Excellent and authentic Italian food!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Angelo's Fairmount Tavern

Angelo's Fairmount Tavern
Ranked #15 of 393 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wallingford, Connecticut
“Excellent and authentic Italian food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

They also make their own red wine which is delicious, and the house salad dressing is fantastic. My friend and I both had seafood (she had it in a fra diavlo sauce and I had it broiled) and both meals were very good. Down to earth staff and atmosphere with excellent service.

Visited March 2013

Galloway
“Good but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Haved lived in the area for a few years and have always heard good things about Angelo's. We finally tried it for the first time recently. To be honest we weren't overly impressed.
The place is easy enough to get to - right at the foot of the AC expressway and ample free parking is available. It's obviously a neighborhood fixture have been around a long time. The interior is much less romantic (or even updated) than expected. Reminds me of a typical family spot, something out of a 1940's movie. I know some people love this sort of decor and we usually do too but this seemed in need of change.
The food was average at best. I had the veal marsala and my wife had the gnocchi. Both were good but we expected better. The appetizers were good. My raw oysters were probably the best part of my meal. My wife thought the clams casino that she had were way too spicy and took away from the taste of the clam. Service was excellent, very attentive and accomodating.

The best Italian we've found in the area is at Assagio on the White Horse Pike in Galloway.A little more pricey but worth it.

2 Thank Tom S
New Jersey
“Surprised at the crowds”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Have lived in NJ all my life and have always wanted to try Angelo's. Attempted to visit once before but wait was way too long. Tried it again this week on Sunday evening. Waited about 45 minutes for a table but staff were friendly and good bar service.

My husband and I are still trying to figure out what the attraction is to this place. Ok, it is an experience of times gone by but it's ok, those times should be gone! The decor is what appears original and that means everything of the cheapest from tables to ceiling fans and light fixtures. Looks like any repair have been done but none professionals. I am open to old world charm but this place is just completely down in run down, cheap and tacky. That's ok but pricer do not reflect the food quality or cute but cheap environment.

They are actually still serving an iceberg lettuce salad??? Nutritional value of iceberg lettuce =zero with what tasted like not a good grade of bottled dressing. My $32 pettite fillet was more rare than medium rare, a decent cut but the sauce was flavorless. Tasted like watered down jar gravy. Vegetables were simply steamed and bread served was diner quality with butter presented in foil packs. Now I have no problem eating this type of food but not with long waits and high prices on small cheap, shoved in corner tables. My husband had the mussels which were prepared well but again the sauce was nothing special. Services was so, so as she breeezed by ocassionally. Had to wait long for entree and refills of drinks. Was never asked if I would like more wine, etc...We have no idea what the huge deal is about Angelo's but have had the experience and won't be repeating it.

“Awful horrible service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend went to the ac boatshow sunday, and after decided to get something to eat at Angelo's...he raved about the food to me and said I had to try it! I was so excited....what a mistake! We waited to just get into dinning area for 30 min...then seated and handed menus n sat for another 30 mins! It wasn't even that crowded...people next to us said they didn't receive drinks n ordered them an hour ago...we asked for a waitor or waitress, n no one came! After 45 min of no service, got up n walked out! Went to jo-jos down the road on the pike....excellent service n food! Will never return to Angelo's again!!!!

middletown, de
“Great Place for Dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

The food is amazing! This is not your flashy AC restaurant. It is old fashion Italian cooking. The atmosphere is fun and traditional. I have been going ther for 30 years. I just went back this weekend. I tried the house red wine for the first time and loved it! I always find time to go to Angelo's when I an in AC!