“A bit disappointed.”

The Iron Room at Atlantic City Bottle Company
Reserve with OpenTable
The Iron Room at Atlantic City Bottle Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 407 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Iron Room leads Atlantic City culinary scene under the direction of Chef Kevin Cronin. Chef Kevin develops unique globally inspired dishes using fresh local ingredients. The menu is constantly evolving based on the season and inspirations from Chef’s travels. Make sure to check out Sunday Brunch, featuring unlimited micro plates in a relaxed atmosphere with amazing brunch themed cocktails. The Iron Room was inspired by Atlantic City’s past and features one of the largest whiskey collections on the east coast. Each bottle is hand selected by our team to offer guests a unique experience. Our team of award winning mixologist inspired the resurgence of cocktail culture in our city by the sea. Our cocktail menu has something for everyone, from perfectly executed classic to inspired and imaginative cocktails created by our team of mixologists. The Iron Room also features an extensive award winning wine list, featuring amazing wines at an approachable price. Expect to find highly sought after beers on draft as well as rare and hard to find beer in bottles. Our expert team is prepared to guide you through our lists and help you find the perfect selection for your tastes. The Iron Room offers something for everyone, including an amazing Happy Hour, Tap Takeovers, wine dinners and educational seminars. The Iron Room is available for large parties and private events with custom experiences by Chef Kevin. Stop by and experience Atlantic City’s most unique dining experience
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We arrived, and were given 2 menus. One was for a special prix fixe 3 couse meal for "restaurant week". The other was the expected small plates menu. The menu had about 15 choices (not many for a small plate menu) And an additional page for the cheese board. I asked if there was a coat rack, there was none; so we had to enjoy an expensive meal with our coats draped behind us on the chair backs and me balancing my hat on my knee with it continuously falling on the floor (small tables, no room for a hat). The wine list was quite small for a restaurant attached to a wine shop (though we don't drink beer, there did appear to be a large selection).

Our server was quite friendly without kissing up or trying to be our buddy, and was attentive without being a nuisance. We were however informed that two of our choices (of the 15 or so possibilites) were not available, at 6PM on a Saturday. The food was fresh and impeccably prepared, but I would not call it innovative, and it was definitely overly salty.

We probably will not return. While it was ok, it seemed to be expensive for what it was; especially for being a small up-start in a low(er) rent area. For the same money, we probably could have had a better meal at some celebrity chef's restaurant in a casino.

3  Thank gr8ful_ken

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We had several choices for AC restaurant week and decided to try the Iron Room. We weren't dissappointed. Great and helpful staff. Enjoyed the scallops and Pompano fish. The bread pudding dessert was awesome. We enjoyed the Pinot Noir that we drank so much that we left with 2 bottles. That is the beauty of this place. Tucked behind the liquor store is this wonderful restaurant and tasting room. The only negative was the lack of a view of the water!!! We plan on going back during the week when they have 1/2 price whiskey tasting and 1/2 price wine by the glass tastings. The menu is based on small plates, but the cheese and meat board looked huge and filling on its own. Can't wait to go back and try it!

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I wanted to try something different for our 20th anniversary. We shared the Brussels sprouts asparagus and snap peas (delicious and all were cooked to perfection), pappardelle pasta, chicken and waffle and pork belly. The pasta was savory, al dente deliciousness. We decided to try the pork belly based on the reviews and it was incredible as described. Have never had chicken and wAffles before. What a pleasant surprise! The beauty of the small plates is that you can try lots of different things and still have room for dessert. My husband devoured the flour less chocolate cake. I nearly licked the plate after the funnel cake! I highly recommend this place. Great service, great choice off the beaten path in AC!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

My girlfriend and I stop by early in the afternoon for a quick drink but once we saw the happy hour menu we decided to try the home made mac & cheese and the steak tatar. Both were exceptional! The mac & cheese seemed simple in appearance but the flavor was extraordinary which I assumed would be the case since they had such a large cheese selection (over 2 dozen). The steak tatar was perfect with sesame seeds they made it with and left a pleasant after taste.

After the mac & cheese my inner cheese addiction broke loose so I ended up ordering two types of cheese one Blue from England and one Gouda from the Netherlands. The plating was great it came with the two cheeses and with various compliments to the cheese like dried cranberries, figs, delicious toasted almonds and (sunflower seeds?). It also came with a supply of crackers.

During our visit we stuck to the beers they had on tap. Something I liked was they gave little glasses of samples before they poured the glass so to make sure we liked the beer. which actually helped us and saved us from make a wrong choice a few times from beers that weren't to our taste. They also had a great wine and whiskey selection I think they said they have over 200 whiskeys.

For a tiny place that seems hidden from the world they offer large varieties of everything they have from selections of drinks or cheese to the endless knowledge of the staff. I will be going back and so will anyone else that ventures there. Its a small place with an endless supply of satisfaction!!

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

The evening was a bit disappointing. Chefs selections did not impress and we were not impressed by the overall flow of the dinner. Wine pairing and atmosphere was excellent.
First course included urchin and was not to anyone's taste. The salad was very good and a good mixture of flavors. The fried shrimp and fried oysters ( two courses combined to one) left everyone wanting. The shrimp had good flavor but were not seasoned very well (bland batter). The main course was duck and was by far the highlight of the evening. The duck was very tender, with a great sauce and a very unique potato salad.
Wanting to sample a bit more of the menu we ordered the sweet chicken and waffles. We were very sadly disappointed. They had clearly fried the chicken in the same oil as the shrimp and oysters. The crime br��l��e dessert was good.
We really enjoyed the environment, and the staff, but were disappointed by the chefs menu. I would suggest choosing your own courses as they may be more to your taste. Some things were done very well, but choosing your own path may be the better option.