“A Classic Restaurant for over 100 Years”
Review of Knife & Fork Inn

Knife & Fork Inn
Reserve a Table
Thu, 6/20
8:00 PM
Ranked #5 of 446 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Albany Avenue
Reviewed May 3, 2019

I treated my family to a truly memorable meal in honor of my God daughter's wedding. Everything about the evening was perfect from our great server Mary Lou, to wonderful cocktails, superb food and wonderful service. The room was old-school perfect with leaded glass windows. My niece's husband-to-be had their specialty, lobster Thermidor, a large Maine lobster prepared in a classic style. The oysters were fresh and tasty, the crab dip wonderful, and my friend said the lobster roll was the best she ever had. My seafood risotto was perfectly prepared with a creamy texture and perfect al dente crunch. It was packed with absolutely fresh shrimp, scallops and calamari. The key lime tart was fantastic .

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 29, 2019

Everything was perfect! I will start by saying that I never write reviews. We like to eat in AC often and I'm so happy I chose Knife and Fork last night for dinner. The octopus salad was the best salad I've ever had in AC! Crab dip was so tasty and excellent! I had the Halibut for dinner and my husband had the lobster Thermidor. We both ate until we felt sick and have no regret!!! Took home the Banana Chocolate Burrito for dessert!...So delicious. Can't wait to go back!!

Reviewed April 23, 2019 via mobile

My GF and I have both read great reviews about the Knife and Fork and finally decided to visit.
The main dining area is quaint with a small number of tables with a view of the kitchen, which I thought odd but anyway, they start you off with fresh crusty breads, your choice of white, multigrain or cranberry walnut, all very fresh, warm and crusty, a personal pet peeve of mine is getting frozen butter with my bread, I was pleasantly impressed that they don’t do that here, the butter was soft and spreadable, instantly a good sign in my opinion. We had the colossal crab cocktail and the crab and spinach dip for appetizers. The crab was very big backfin lump with 3 dipping sauces and delicious as was the dip with the chips.
For the main course I had the braised short rip and my GF had the Halibut. The braised short rib was fall off the bone tender and very good, it comes on a giant mound of mashed potatoes with gravy, the short rib itself was very good as I said, the mashed potatoes and the gravy were good but I kind of expected maybe a little more unique flavor to the gravy but I wouldn’t pass on this dish because of it.
The Halibut was incredible, it was done to perfection, light, delicate and delicious and itself was worth going for.
We did not try any desert because to be honest, we were both too full by the end of our meals.
As we watched other entrees coming out of the kitchen, each looked as delicious as the last.
Overall I would definitely recommend a visit and will myself go back again even though it’s a bit pricey, it’s one of those places I don’t mind the expense because it comes with quality.

Reviewed April 19, 2019 via mobile

Great place amazing meal apart from waitress being massively unhappy with our $57 tip when we left. When I said goodbye she wouldn’t look At me and just nodded which kind of ruined our otherwise amazing meal.

1  Thank AndrewBimCook
Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

Built in 1912, this historical landmark is still fantastic. Great bar with friendly servers, explaining all signature drinks. Next walked up 2 flight of stairs to a lovely room for a private dinner. Appetizers came coming with mini burgers, beets with goat cheese, chilled jumbo shrimp and battered lobster rolls. Tuscan bean soup was a bit spicy for me. The main entree of lobster thermador and filet mignon was terrific. Just wish there was more lobster. Wonderful servers and how they managed to carry trays up 2 flights of stairs is utterly amazing.

Date of visit: March 2019