“solace”
Review of Knife & Fork Inn

Knife & Fork Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Knife & Fork Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 406 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Albany Avenue
United States
“solace”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This fine establishment is a hang out for locals,where you receive excellent customer service ,
Starting and ending at the valet. We feel so relaxed, whether we are there for happy
Hour or wanting a dinner, the staff makes you feel welcome. I would have to say, this is favorite spot. Cheers to the management and staff.

1 Thank USAnumberone

Alexandria, va
“Thanksgiving was a disaster”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We went to this restaurant LAST year for Thanksgiving and it was wonderful so I looked forward to going back again this year.

Big mistake. Disorganized staff for seating gave a hint of what was to come. Our server was a bit abrubt. I was not asked if I wanted white or dark meat, and when my meal came - it was all stringy, grisley small pieces of dark meat. When I mentioned to the server that I don't eat dark meat - she says with an attitude, "well, it comes with both". I said where? She said the white meat is put "under" the dark meat? So we both looked and of course there was NO white meat. She didn't even apologize, just grabbed my plate and brought it back with white meat that was disqusting looking. Last year a nice big slice of solid white meat. This year, long slivers and pieces of rubbery white. No gravy on the mashed potatos and when I asked, she said "well we don't like to smother them"? I said well there is NO gravy on either of our mashed potatoes. The sweet potatoes were somehow served cut into 1 inch cubes WITH the skin still on? Totally dried out and hard as a rock. Impossible to get the potato away from the skin unless you are a surgeon.When I mentioned it to the server she said she didn't know what they were thinking in the kitchen.

Finally the Brussell Sprouts were mushy, so over cooked and gray inside - like they had been made well in advance and they were old. They were slimey and inedible and I was so disappointed because I love Brussel Sprouts.

We should have complained or talked to a manager to try to find out why things were so different than last year. Possibly new owner/manager?

Needless to say, what was going to be a yearly tradition is now a no go.

2 Thank debinnova
Longport, New Jersey
“Second time was even better”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Several friends along with my better half and I went to the Knife and Fork Inn in Atlantic CIty. This was not my first time, but everytime I do visit here, the building which is historic reminds me of my youth growing up in this town. The restaurant was purchased by the Dougherty Family (owners of Doc's Oyster House in AC) and dumped a ton of cash into the place. They kept the old world charm of the K & F. The rich warmth of the dark mahogany woods on the bar area set the tone and rekindle the thoughts of times gone by. But to the best part the food. First our server Billy was most capable and friendly, always at your beck and call within a moment. Te six of us orderd a variety of dishes. From the crab cake, to the filet to the short ribs of beef. NO ONE was disatisfied, noe did we leave hungry. This is the second time I had the short ribs of beef. Served on a bed of smashed potatoes you couldn't ask for anything better. My iceberg wedge (to start the dinner) was outstanding. The company was great, the restaurant was old world beautiful and the food was everything to write about. Looking forward to my next gastronomic adventure here.

northfield nj
“Two recommendations, Don't Go!”
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Hair in appetizer.
Staff lazy
Very overpriced and boring menu.
Drinks boring and also over priced.
Portion size very small.

2 Thank spidot
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Amazing food and wine list”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Always great food, and great wine list! Go sit at the bar, order drinks and appetizers, and local-watch! Or stay for a delicious dinner.

Visited January 2012