“Reasonably priced weekend spa treatments” 3 of 5 bubbles

Spa and Salon at the Golden Nugget
New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Reasonably priced weekend spa treatments”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Golden Nugget has the best price for summer weekend spa treatments in AC $99 each, I had a massage and body wrap; my friend had a spa and facial. My treatments were good -- she really worked on a knot in my neck/shoulder. My friend's masseuse was a little odd and the table was inexplicably unheated. Her facial was fine.

The staff were helpful and friendly; the spa was clean and nicely decorated. But the waiting area was in the center of all the treatment rooms, which was a little noisy. Also there was no music the first part of our stay, which made everything seem even noisier (not relaxing). Coffee and caffeinated tea were offered, which seemed an odd choice for a spa (no decaf). The steam room, sauna and whirlpool were clean and nice but kind of small and not nearly hot enough for me (tho my friend thought they were fine). Many spas in AC are by the pool but at the Golden Nugget the spa does not give you access to the pool.

If you are on a budget this is fine, but if not you might want to try the Qua Spa at Caesar's.

Visited August 2013

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Make A Massage A Must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Had the most wonderful relaxing massage. Thank you Laura Ace! Laura was sensitive and attentive to my needs and concerns. I came in "in knots", left floating on air and booked a second massage for tomorrow. The spa itself is inviting and filled with calm. I can't wait to go back.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Joanne H
Allentown, Pennsylvania
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great service and value - if only I still had all my money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I enjoyed the services at the spa during a weekend stay. The services typically cost nearly twice as much at other places and with half the service. I had a $99 gentleman's facial, and came away looking 10 years younger with a cleaner smoother face. The woman who did my treatment recommended some products not sold at the spa -- in other words, she was not shilling products like they do at other spas.

Nancy Angello gave my significant other a body scrub leaving her skin so smooth, you could make a slide out of it. Then came the highlight, the Pamper Your Partner Package. In the 60 minute session, Nancy gave the two of us lessons in giving each other massages. It was done professionally, openly, and with discretion. We were taught the proper way of using massage oil; massage movements that increase body flow, take out tension, and improve relaxation; minimizing risk of overexertion; the right height of a bed or couch depending on massage type; and overall ensuring a positive experience. My girlfriend and I were each taught how to massage two specific areas of the body that were chosen by the other. After the lessons, we were given 20 minutes of private time to practice techniques or enjoy a spa-designed bath. Accompanying the private time was a bottle of Prosecco, some massage oil to take home, and some other product samples.

We didn’t finish the wine during the session, so we chose to enjoy it in the co-ed waiting lounge area with calm soothing music playing over the PA system. This lounge is filled with muted yet warm colors along with some of the abstract art that is a fixture at the Golden Nugget. If the white wine was too much, we were welcome to hot tea, cold water, V-8, cranberry juice, and OJ during our stay.

There were individual spa areas for men and women. The men’s section had a large hot tub along with lounge chairs, showers, bathroom with toiletries, steam room, and sauna (broken). The changing area had private lockers with combination locks – at least I think they were locked. I’m not entirely sure, but I thought I had $105 in my wallet when I changed into the spa robe. When I returned after the treatments, the spa attendant was standing in the changing area and was giving me a funny look as I opened my locker using the combination. I didn’t think anything of it at the time, but when I went to confirm payment and leave a tip, the 4 $20 bills I brought along were not in my wallet, leaving me with $25. I was able to make alternate arrangements, and I was not sure enough of the money being in my wallet when I arrived at the spa to report it to Security.

Overall, I believe the spa services are #1 in Atlantic City, a hidden gem at any price and a great value at their rates. We would go there again, but I would leave my wallet in the hotel safety deposit box before checking in.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank ontheroad24601
Phoenix, Arizona
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Awesome, relaxing experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

The Hubs and I treated ourselves to a spa day while staying at the Golden Nugget recently. We found a deal on travelzoo and booked two massages and express facials. The deal was an awesome price and now I can say very much worth the value.

The decor inside the spa is nice. The only thing I think it was lacking, was somewhere couples could sit and relax together. The locker rooms were good and provide a hot tub and saunas, but there wasn't anywhere to be in the hot tub or pool with your significant other. As far as the massage is concerned, we both had great ones. I had a male masseuse for the first time and was expecting a female... there must have been some mix-up, but I just went with it. He was great and my Husband enjoyed his experience as well. The quick facial was also very pleasant... I only wish it was longer!

All in all, I thought the service/enviornment was great. I would go back again in a heartbeat... in fact, I wish I was there now!

Visited May 2013
Northfield, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

i took my sister for her birthday so we both can get the relaxation massage and was wonderful, a really niece experience for both of us, the place is so pretty and clean, we loved the decor!! After the massage we went to the jacuzzi, steam room and sauna, we had a perfect day! thanx so much to all the staff so pleasant and helpful we will back for sure!

Visited June 2013