“I will be back!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kelsey's

Kelsey's
Ranked #18 of 393 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Bar, American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kentucky Avenue
Transit: Jitney stops at front door.
Description: Atlantic City's premiere Supper Club, located on the historic street of Club Harlem's own Kentucky Avenue. Come enjoy an evening of live music, flavorful fare and soulful spirits. At Kelsey's you'll find the area's best Southern Cuisine. One block away from the boardwalk and centrally located near the top casinos at 1545 Pacific Avenue, corner of Kentucky & Pacific Avenues.
Brooklyn
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I will be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

When I say I LOVE this place I mean it. Service was awesome my waiter was very attentive and speedy. Atmosphere is beautiful looks new. And if these things weren't great I would still come back just for the food. Me and my sisters had brunch and it was excellent food well seasoned oh and you can't beat the price!!!!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank mizkia

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Amazing Red Velvet Waffles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Was in AC for a bachelorette weekend and Sunday before we left a friend that lives in the area suggested going there and I'm so glad we did. The buffet was $20 and additional $10 for bottomless mimosas. Everything I had was really good, shrimp & grits, fish, chicken, waffles. They have an egg station so you don't have to have old scrambled eggs, they also had the pancake station and waffles and fried fish were cooked to order. The red velvet waffle was AMAZING.
The staff was friendly and attentive, I never waited for my mimosa refill. Definitely will be visiting this place when I go back again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Northern New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OH MY GOD!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

We travel to Atlantic City a lot and are always looking for good restaurants. I can't believe I didn't find out about this restaurant sooner. My grandmother was the BEST soul food cook ever. Kelsy's is the closest to my grandmothers food that I have ever had in 40+ years. We dined here on a Friday night when they had live entertainment. I had a cajun dish which was delicious and I enjoyed the live entertainment. The food was sooo good that we went the next day for the Saturday brunch. I couldn't stop eating the food was so good. The buffet consisted of fried chicken, chicken fried steak, a cajun dish macaroni and cheese, collard greens,bacon, ham, home fries, fresh fried fish (made to order), waffles (made to order I had red velvet which were excellent), eggs (made to order I had a perfect omelet), pancake station, etc. I will definately take the 2 hr drive here at least once a month.

New York City, New York
“One of the best meals of my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Was down in AC for Presidents' Day weekend with my girlfriend. She got a craving for chicken and waffles and this was the top result on Yelp for that dish. Good reviews. Sold!

When we got there (7pm) the place was packed and there was a small group waiting near the door. When we checked in the with maitre d she said she had "no idea" how long the wait would be, but they could put us on a list and they'd text when a table was ready. Thought that was a little weird, but we decided to take our chances. After about an hour at a nearby blackjack table, our stomachs rumbling, the text came! We ran over there as fast as we could.

By 8pm or so the band was in full swing (Whitney Houston tribute night). We were seated and ordered off the concise menu- chicken and waffles, ribs, and cornbread. Our food came pretty quickly and we were entertained by the band throughout the wait.

Everything was so delicious. We both started with our sides of mac & cheese, nicely melted cheese over al dente macaroni. The sides were small in size but super dense and flavorful. My ribs were perfectly sauced and the meat practically fell off the bone if you blew on it. And my girlfriend raved about her chicken and waffles - I tried a bite and can back that up. And the cornbread... just the best ever, and I have eaten a lot of cornbread.

Prices were reasonable, less than the casino restaurants for much better food. Service was excellent, very friendly and accessible even with the music going. I thought portions were just the right size - I'm sure leftovers would be great, but food like this should be enjoyed fresh. We cleaned our plates and were very full, and couldn't talk about anything besides how delicious everything was for the rest of our trip. Going to other restaurants afterward was kind of a bummer.

Pretty much the only suggestion I have is that they add a real bass instead of the keyboard-bass setup the band I saw used. Everything else was completely top-tier. We're planning to come back whenever we're down in AC.

New York City, New York
“Surprised How Bad It Was”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

My partner and I went there on Saturday the 15th, and we were surprised at how bad the food was given the reviews. The buffet cost us $20 each, but had about 10 items to choose from, which included chicken-fried steak, collard greens, sausage, bacon. No eggs, lots of meat, not much else. There was a pancake station, but the chocolate chip pancakes my dining companion had weren't fully cooked on the inside. The waitstaff was nice, but unattentive (had to consistently search them down for food, napkins, the check, etc.) Maybe we just had an off experience - apparently so based on these other reviews!

• 1 of 5 bubbles