“One of the best meals of my life”
Review of Kelsey's

Kelsey's
Ranked #23 of 399 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kentucky Avenue
Transit: Jitney stops at front door.
Description: Atlantic City's premiere Supper Club, located on the historic street of Club Harlem's own Kentucky Avenue. Come enjoy an evening of live music, flavorful fare and soulful spirits. At Kelsey's you'll find the area's best Southern Cuisine. One block away from the boardwalk and centrally located near the top casinos at 1545 Pacific Avenue, corner of Kentucky & Pacific Avenues.
New York City, New York
“One of the best meals of my life”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Was down in AC for Presidents' Day weekend with my girlfriend. She got a craving for chicken and waffles and this was the top result on Yelp for that dish. Good reviews. Sold!

When we got there (7pm) the place was packed and there was a small group waiting near the door. When we checked in the with maitre d she said she had "no idea" how long the wait would be, but they could put us on a list and they'd text when a table was ready. Thought that was a little weird, but we decided to take our chances. After about an hour at a nearby blackjack table, our stomachs rumbling, the text came! We ran over there as fast as we could.

By 8pm or so the band was in full swing (Whitney Houston tribute night). We were seated and ordered off the concise menu- chicken and waffles, ribs, and cornbread. Our food came pretty quickly and we were entertained by the band throughout the wait.

Everything was so delicious. We both started with our sides of mac & cheese, nicely melted cheese over al dente macaroni. The sides were small in size but super dense and flavorful. My ribs were perfectly sauced and the meat practically fell off the bone if you blew on it. And my girlfriend raved about her chicken and waffles - I tried a bite and can back that up. And the cornbread... just the best ever, and I have eaten a lot of cornbread.

Prices were reasonable, less than the casino restaurants for much better food. Service was excellent, very friendly and accessible even with the music going. I thought portions were just the right size - I'm sure leftovers would be great, but food like this should be enjoyed fresh. We cleaned our plates and were very full, and couldn't talk about anything besides how delicious everything was for the rest of our trip. Going to other restaurants afterward was kind of a bummer.

Pretty much the only suggestion I have is that they add a real bass instead of the keyboard-bass setup the band I saw used. Everything else was completely top-tier. We're planning to come back whenever we're down in AC.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
“Surprised How Bad It Was”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My partner and I went there on Saturday the 15th, and we were surprised at how bad the food was given the reviews. The buffet cost us $20 each, but had about 10 items to choose from, which included chicken-fried steak, collard greens, sausage, bacon. No eggs, lots of meat, not much else. There was a pancake station, but the chocolate chip pancakes my dining companion had weren't fully cooked on the inside. The waitstaff was nice, but unattentive (had to consistently search them down for food, napkins, the check, etc.) Maybe we just had an off experience - apparently so based on these other reviews!

1 Thank Shankbone_NYC
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delish!!!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I grew up with parents from the south, and the food here is the closest southern cooking I have had in a restaurant in very, very long time....So good!! I will be back EVERY TIME I visit Atlantic City!

Visited February 2014
Holmes, Pennsylvania
“What a Great Find”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My daughter and I went to Atlantic City to attend a concert. I picked this restaurant b/c it was close to Boardwalk Hall. What a great find!! Davinda was our waitress and she was great. We had decided on our dinner until she told us the specials. Also, we were sitting next to a table of great people who helped us with our choices. When her stuffed lobster was served my mind was made up. What a dinner.. My lobster took up over 1/2 the plate and was fantastic. The sides were very good. My only compliant was we did order the shrimp cocktail appetizer special to split. It was fresh and delicious, but I did think it was a little overpriced. We got 4 shrimp and it was $10.50. The manager stopped by our table to make sure everything was in order, which was very nice. This dinner added to our great weekend and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. You will not be disappointed.

Wilmington, Delaware
“10 of us had a great time!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

5 couples celebrating Valentine's weekend get-away. The service was great, the food was served hot & tasty (on the sweet side for some) and I loved the sweet corn bread! Thursday Karaoke Night was so much fun! signed Fay & The Fayettes!