“Good Enough”

Knights Inn Atlantic City
Ranked #38 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed August 8, 2013

had a few problems at check in with my reservation, the room was clean, lights wouldnt work and the a/c looked as though it had been through a wreck...breakfast was not very appealing and the coffee was bad..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank lcarosel
There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Atlantic City

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

As soon as I got there to check-in, the outside looked better then what I seen from the pictures. I was giving a second fl room 226. Which was a great location in the hotel. I inspected the room to make sure everything was n working condition. Everything was clean from the bed sheets, towels, floor etc. I stayed here for three nights each night was perfect. They also have a pool which was very relaxing. The location is also great being only 5 mins from the boardwalk. I will definitely stay here again when I return to Atlantic City

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank PATRICK A
Reviewed July 6, 2013

In reality this hotel is a motel but either way we had a great stay. The rooms are comfortable, relatively clean and ours was fitted with an iron, tv, fridge, freezer, microwave and cooking hobs. Because we didn't have a car we had to walk onto the Atlantic City boardwalk which took about 15 minutes. The local neighbourhood is quite dangerous and we were warned by many locals not to stray down back streets in order to take short cuts. The pool was so funny, it was in the middle of the car park on the main road, but for the money we paid it was an added bonus. If you are looking for a cheap stay in Atlantic City and you don't mind a bit of a walk then go for it.

Room Tip: An upstairs room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Matthew L
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Let me preface by saying I spent 3 nights at this hotel, in an A/C getaway... I'm afraid the hotel is still in recovery mode from last year's hurricane: understaffed, and no free, full breakfast (coffee, tea available), except on weekends. In spite of it, the room was immaculate, and everything worked fine/ mini-fridge, microwave, cable TV, shampoo, facial soap, inclusive amenities; the staff was friendly and helpful; about a 10 minute walk to the boardwalk/ to the Pacific Avenue Jitney (runs parallel to the boardwalk), straight down North Albany Avenue (by the bay area; mind the drawbridge); McDonald's Restaurant a stone's throw from the hotel; competitively priced. I would recommend the hotel for the no frills vacationer, looking for a quality, bargain stay.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms by the pool, as I heard a whirling noise coming from the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Dlp434
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Went with my bf to AC on 06/03, I was tired from traveling, so we decided to stopped by the Knight Inn. This hotel is located just off Exit 2 from the AC expressway, checking in was simple, the staff was very friendly and informative on how to get to our room and how to get to AC from the hotel.

The room itself was quite roomy, but the furnitures seem so outdated, and the dressers got a used condom wrapper in it. lol the bathroom was clean and tidy, the bed had a stain on the sheet, so we replaced with our own, the neighborhood was not a friendly site, got people running around at night time, drunk people cursing and yelling and would rather talk loudly than to sleep.

All in all, not a bad hotel, but lots of places can be approve. Thank you.

Room Tip: If you decided to stay here, try to pick the rooms closer to the McDonald's. I find it more peac...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stephy8899
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is a motel not a hotel...and whilst it would have been more than adequate as a place to stay for a few nights, the motel then let itself down. My only real priorities, luxuries aside, are a good shower and a clean room. The shower was fine and the bed was huge. We arrived late on memorial day weekend, so it was dark and first impressions and the musty smell in the room gave me initial concerns about cleanliness, but the room got cleaned the next day so the holes in the carpet and ceiling and the smell didn't bother me. Avoid room 200 if you can though. It's outside the main hallway and at the top of the stairs. The other rooms have balconies, a hairdrier, wi-fi, a working fridge and decent carpets. This one didn't! And it had a constant mysterious creaking through the night which we spent ages trying to locate for fear of some huge bug! But the main issue was being so near to the reception area downstairs. The female night staff do not appear to understand their role or the meaning of customer service. The whole of one night we were kept awake by the receptionist and her friends. I had no desire to know about her cooking skills or pizza or anything similar...I just want to sleep in the early hours of the morning. At one point, they were making so much commotion outside our door, I thought they were trying to get in. Usually you complain to Reception about guests making a noise...you don't expect it to be the very rowdy receptionist keeping you awake! On our penultimate night, we arrived back from town around midnight to be told we had to pack and move rooms apparently because there was no one to take over reception (perhaps the poor receptionist was tired from her previous night's frolicking!). The poor chap who had to wait up for us to tell us this I felt sorry for, as he was sweet and didn't even work at the motel! He was just a friend of the manager put there to wait for us. So we had to pack everything up and relocate due to THEIR staffing issues...whatever happened to the customer coming first??? The room we were moved to absolutely wreaked of smoke making it impossible to sleep. Even the pillows stunk...the bathroom...everything. It was just an appalling smell, so that night I'm afraid I marked it down on cleanliness. The outside hoarding advertises breakast and although on the 2nd day we had to ask, as there as just one sad slice of bread left (which was pointed out by a staff member but ignored) but on the last morning, we went for breakfast only to be told it's only weekends and holidays...not weekdays. Funnily enough the sign fails to mention that! For the service it gives, the motel is overpriced so we just felt it was not good value for money.

Room Tip: Avoid room 200!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank SGerrard
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I went to AC for some gambling and music. And We didn't want to drop a lot of cash...mostly b/c we usually lose our money. Anyway, good spot, comfortable rooms, and great service. A nice place and good location, especially for what we spent.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple