“Staff Sucks”
Review of The Comedy Stop - CLOSED

The Comedy Stop
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I've come here with my wife an average 3 to 5 times a year for the past 10 years. Sometimes I bring friends. I joined their Frequent Laughter Club which entitles me to free tickets based on my purchases 10 years ago. To date I have not received one free ticket. At least 3 or 4 times I tried to resolve this with the box office only to be told they'll get back to me. They never do! I'm here tonight, first I asked the box office attendant in what publications the 2 for 1 coupons are in. She told me she knows of none. Meanwhile everyone on line had one. Another customer gave me one and pointed out that they are in the free papers on display near the club. When it was finally my turn to be seated, DANIEL gave me a hard time snout sitting at a table I have sit at many times claiming it was for 4 and not 2. DANIEL sat me elsewhere, then immediately came back with a party of 2 and sat them where I wanted to sit. Comedy shows vary based on the talent that night! But next time I'm going to give the Borgota a try.

1  Thank Miketheattorney
There are newer reviews for The Comedy Stop

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We went to the 6:30 Comedy Magic show. More Magic than comedy, but entertaining. Small venue, so magic is close-up - no big, dramatic "sawing the lady in half" kind of tricks, mostly mind games and card and rope tricks, but well executed. Kids would like it, he gets several involved.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We went to the Comedy Stop while staying at the Tropicana. The price for $25 per person was very reasonable and the drink prices were also. The Show was to start at 10pm, but didn't get started until 1035. The doors were to open for seating at 915, but with many people in line the door didn't open until almost 10pm. Overall we had a great time and the comedians were very funny.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We came to the Comedy Stop at the Tropicana after we ate dinner at the fabulous Carmines. The headlining comedians were hysterical! The first guy who does the introductions and stuff wasn't all that funny, but luckily they had good headliners to make up for it.

Drinks were reasonably priced. Tickets on a Sunday night were $25 dollars with a 1 drink minimum. And if you stayed in the 'box office' area while you were waiting to be seated you had to have a open tab at the bar and order drinks while you were waiting. (That didn't fulfill you're 1 drink minimum). Which was okay, but the way the staff tells you that is like you're in grade school. I also didn't care for the assigned seating. If you do not want to be placed in the very front, do not go to the front of the line. The comedians I saw didn't do their skits around making fun of people in the audience so to me it really didn't matter but if the comedians were rude to people within the audience, sitting in the front would have bothered me.

The Comedy Stop says they have different comedians each week so I would go back again to see a different show. Besides all the strict 'rules' and the staff treating guests like children, I would highly recommend this place because the talent I saw was really funny and we had a good time!

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

We've been going to the comedy stop for years. Make it a point to get the coupon from the Atlantic City weekly to get one free, cash only. $25 for two of us Sunday thru Thursday only. One drink minimum, our Long Island iced tea was made incorrectly. Instead of taking them back and making them over, our waitress brought the OJ we requested instead of sweet and sour to the table in a cup to add. So our drinks were quite diluted. Not sure if the AC was broke but it was quite hot and uncomfortable. I don't know how the performers were able to get thru their routines. A bar next door was very loud and very distracting. The comedians were all funny but the other factors made this evening very average.

1  Thank Janrickstryker