“Very good place to spend an evening”
Review of The Comedy Stop - CLOSED

The Comedy Stop
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I went to the 11pm show here one night and we had a great time. There's a bar just inside the club where if you purchase drinks there before the show, you're seated in the club first. They didn't make that benefit too obvious, but it's one I'm glad to say we found out. We were seated right in front of the stage, which at a comedy show can be a mixed blessing, but we had a nice time. The comics were great (My wife didn't care for one of them too much, but I thought he was ok). There is a one drink minimum, which seemed pretty easy for me. The room isn't cramped like a lot of clubs and is decorated pretty nicely.

1  Thank Bill S

Reviewed July 14, 2013

While celebrating a friend's birthday, we bought tickets for the Comedy Stop ready for some good laughs. Good comedians work off of the audience to build their show, which we were all ready for. The comedians kept talking to our group and feeding off of us for their show, so we would answer back. At the sam time, we were laughing and buying food and a few drinks.

The bouncer came over and told us that someone complained that we were laughing too loud and asked us to keep it down or we would be asked to leave. Really? At a comedy show? We kept it quiet but did not feel ourselves. When the comedian tried to build off of us and we did not respond, the comedian questioned "What, are you ignoring me now!?" so our friend responded "Sorry, the bouncer said that someone complained that we were too loud."

At that moment, the manager walked over and sternly threatened for us to stop making noise and shouting out or we will have to leave immediatly. A friend respectfully asked the manager that if we left now, would they refund the money since we havn't seen the main act yet. The manager said yes and that the desk at the front would take care of us. We respectfully left because we felt that we could not enjoy our time and laugh.

As we left, we paid and tipped our waitress and the place called security on us and would not refund our money. They had security watch and follow us until we were away from the building. This was uncalled for being we chose to respectfully leave. I will never come here again, and this also caused the Tropicana to loose my buisness as well.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Karen Rontowski hosted the evening for two other comics, Jay Black and Greg Morton. All three were just hysterically funny and we had a great time. They have a new expanded theater inside the Quarter so it's very nice--highly recommended!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Seating at the Comedy Stop is first come first serve so it is advisable to get there at least a half hour before the show. A small bar can provide refreshments and seating while you wait. My husband and I were lucky to be seated at a table directly center and in front of the stage where we were able to interact with the comedians. The show usually has three comics and the venue changes every Monday. We saw the a show on its closing night but we enjoyed it immensely and will return to see shows in the future

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We saw three comics, and they were all very funny. This comedy club is not inexpensive -- we went on a Friday night, and tickets were $27 each. There's also a one drink minimum, which doesn't have to be alcoholic. We got popcorn served in a red & white striped bag, had our one drink apiece, and then got mozzarella sticks. The food is not the reason you go there, though it wasn't bad. I used to go to the comedy clubs in NYC, and always felt jammed into tight spaces. This was completely different -- we had a comfortable amount of space around us. We were on the perimeter of the audience, so we actually had space behind us. Our server was very efficient; they all work hard. And the comedians were veterans of comedy clubs. The minimum age to get in is 18, probably because of the mature nature of the jokes. A fun evening, for sure!