“Friendly but food just o.k.”
Review of Nanking Asian Fusion - CLOSED

Nanking Asian Fusion
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went there at near opening time. We were the first customers of the day. The hostess/waitress was very pleasant and professional. I ordered a drink right off. She came back and said they were missing one ingredient and couldn't make it. Fine. Later on she came and said they now have the missing ingredient and 'would I like one on the house?'. Fine. That was all good. But the food wasn't very good. The little fast food noodle place downstairs is much better. This place is okay but Fine Dining--I Don't Think So!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I had lunch at Nanking in August 2012 with my husband while enjoying a mini-vacation in Atlantic City. We chose the restaurant because we like the Asian-Fusion style. I ordered the egg rolls as starter and my husband had the chicken wonton soup. We shared the Kung Po Chicken and Chicken Fried Rice for our meal The food was very good.

We did notice that the people working there were very quiet and lacking any personality whatsoever - from the hostess, our server, to the food runner. To us, it created an unpleasant environment.

We ordered sodas with our lunch. There was no non-alcoholic drink menu. Halfway through our meal, we asked for refills. We were surprised that we were charged for 2 sodas each @ $3 a pop. Since there was no menu, the server should have informed us that the refills were not free. As a former restaurant manager, this in particular annoyed me, and I blame the server entirely.

Overall, the restaurant had a great look and feel. The food was very good, but the overall service level was lacking. I would not eat here again since there are so many choices in and around the Boardwalk...

Reviewed August 23, 2012

My meal was delicious but was very slow in getting to the table. I noticed lots of people sat for awhile waiting for their food. When it did finally get there it was worth it. I didn't see any food left on plates when I passed tables.

Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

We stumbled upon Nanking after wandering the Boardwalk and realizing we were running short on time. It's in a quiet area in Bally's and there were only 2 other couples inside when we stooped for dinner. The menu had quite a selection and they had some daily specials. Service was quick and friendly. We both ordered the chicken pad thai, ands it was delicious. The portion size was good for the price and prices seemed reasonable for a restaurant inside a hotel ($15/meal). The drink selection was also decent (though the beer my husband got was $6) and the atmosphere was nice. I would recommend trying Nanking if you're in the area.

1  Thank elogan80