“The Best in Atlantic City” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Basking Ridge, NJ
“The Best in Atlantic City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2007

Room: We stayed in a standard guest room on Monday July 2nd. We booked the room on the hotel's website (internet special $179 + tax). We've stayed in some of the top hotels and this hotel by far was the best! The room was very clean and comfortable, the bed is unbelievable, the only complaint we had was the shower water pressure was extremely weak.

Service: We found the service throughout to be very prompt and friendly.

Gym: for a $10 Fee you have acces to the gym, which is one of the nicest gyms I've seen in a hotel. The pool looked very nice but it is an indoor pool only, if you like there's some chairs outside you can lay on we didn't use the pool.

The Old Homestead Steakhouse: Pretty expensive, but worth every penny. We had a glass of wine each, an appetizer each (the crabcake is a must) my wife had the lump crab meat w/ the dover sole and I had the Kansas City strip ($48) which I think is one of the best steaks you can get. We absolutely loved it. The service was outstanding and the restaurant itself was very relaxing. The total cost was $165 before tip.

We only stayed one night we did gamble after dinner (we didn't lose that much), I loved the Borgata and would return. This was our first experience here, however I don't think I would book a room on a saturday night from what I understand it can get very crowded and a guestroom on a saturday night is like $500-$550 + tax. I didn't like it that much.

So if your going to AC remember the borgata, also if your from out of state and not familiar with the area AC is Fun stay around the casinos especially around the boardwalk . AC is not the nicest city in the world you can run into some shady people on the boardwalk so be careful.

• Liked — The guest room, Old Homestead Steakhouse
  • Disliked — The shower water pressure
5 Thank G.I.A.-TRIP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (817)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2007

As my title says, since we can't get to vegas as much as we would like, this hotel in AC does a good job as a substitute.

The hotel is very nice and clean, unlike most of the hotels on the boardwalk. The check in staff was very friendly and gave us the room we requested - high floor, view of the fireworks (although we didn't stay in the room to see them). We needed extra pillows - the maid service came up while we were out to bring them and mgmt called later to verify we got them and if everything else was okay.
The room was nice. The decor was nice, bed was comfy, towels were great - much much bigger than towels elsewhere, which I love, plenty of draw space, empty fridge for drinks, bathroom was spacious - only a shower which was big and very roomy, with a seating area if needed.
Casino dealers were very friendly.
Comedy club was good, funny and a nice theater.
Ate at bobby flays - outstanding food & great service.
buffet breakfast - good selection, food was hot.

I would recommend & can't wait to go back.

• Liked — Customer Service
4 Thank Sunflower4477
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2007

Listen all reviews are a matter of opinion. Some people are "uppity" and are discusted by every little thing, some people are not as lucky and have not been many places so that all effects what they may or may not like in a place. My girlfriend and I are in our mid 20's and both are New York State workers. Our education level is some college. My grilfriend and I stayed in the Borgata for my 27th birthday. We are regulars to Atlantic City but had never stayed in the Borgata. We get comps(complimentary nights) to Trump, Caesars, Harrass, Showboat, and Ballys. All of these places have NOTHING on the Borgata. From the moment you walk into the hotel you can tell that it is above the rest. Upscale and elegant the Borgata is BY FAR the best hotel in atlantic city. We booked the Piatto Suite.......smh......Damn! Thats what i said walking in. Floor to celing windows with remote control curtains, 42 inch plasma tv in living room, wood grain floors, view of the city and the ocean, 42 in plasma tv in bedroom, 2 bathrooms,19in plasma tv in the bathroom, waterfall tub, seperate shower stall (fits about 4 people) desktop computer with Lcd screen, Bose dvd/cd player that sounded like it could be in a dance club. We partied hard in that room...so hard that someone who must have heard the noise called our room and asked if there was a party going on. Only thing about this resort is it is not close to the main strip nor the busy part of the boardwalk but the boardwalk is slummy as well as the main strip but there is not much to do there anyway. Im sure Borgata has everything you will need. we did not go to any clubs in the hotel but they do have them we just was doing so much "stuff" in the room we only went down and gambled a little and when to one of the lounge bars. Overall Borgata in my book is #1 destination for Atlantic City.

• Liked — The Piatto Suite
  • Disliked — The price for the suite
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank wehaveplans
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2007

I go to Borgata about every 6-8 weeks, always comp and NO, I am not a Black Label holder. On occasion check-in has taken up to 20 minutes, but it has always been friendly and efficient. My request for a king, high floor, city view 98% of the time has been honored. When it wasn't available, my stay was not ruined. Contrary to popular belief, being demanding does not always get you a comp or an upgrade, but it does hold up the rest of the line so some else has to wait longer and possibly make the receptionist a little cranky for the next guest.

One of the things that I like about Borgata is that you don't get the riff-raff from the boardwalk coming into the casino hasseling you. I also like having to show my room key prior to entering the room elevators.

The spa is wonderful, bottles of water in an ice bucket by the jacuzzi, washclothes in ice for the steamroom, juice, smoothies, and fruit in the waitingroom, not to mention the very comfortable seating.

I also like the idea of many choices for food from 5 star and pricey to decent fast food along with a buffet. I've tried most and have enjoyed them all. SeaBlue is a favorite. I had been to SeaBlue in Vegas and was so excited to find it in AC. Yes it is pricey, but the Lobsterdogs can't be beat. Puck's is also a must try and not as pricey. Since I had a bad experience in Vegas with Bobby Flay-you want to talk about rude service-still haven't summoned up the courage to do his restaurant yet.

The room ammenities are great, I love the body lotion, shampoo, conditioner and wonderful soap. The bath and bed linens are first class. I also enjoy having a coffee pot in the room, since I like my coffee light, I usually ask the maid for extra lightner and have always received it with a smile. The bed and pillows are the best. I liked the pillows so much that I ordered them for my home. I've never found the room dirty or to be lacking.

I will agree with all that the slots are not a lose as they once were, been a long time since I've hit anything worth speaking of. I think that's why it's called gambling-you pay your buck and you take your chance.

When I hear all of the negative reviews, they make me wonder if I've been staying at the same Borgata. In my many stays, I've never had any of the staff be rude to me or be less than helpful. I have had less than pleasant encounters at Bellagio when actually paying top dollar for a room or meal.

Though Atlantic City has given it a gallant try it is NOT Las Vegas, way too much humidity for that! Seriously, it you want a Vegas experience, go to Vegas otherwise enjoy what AC does have to offer and there is something for everyone.

I would suggest that when you plan your stay in AC, you decide what is important to you-where you want to be located, what you want to do, and your budget. Each casino has something a little different to offer and there is something suitable for everyone. Casinos are NOT for young children, the beach and boards are. There are clean, safe, decent hotel/motel that are child friendly.

8 Thank jjtootsie
northport village, ny
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2007

OK terrible time!! We have stayed here many times and are in shock with how terrible it has become! The service leaves little to be desired, ...we forgot toothpaste so I called housekeeping; I was told to go and purchase it in the vending machine in the hallway....what??? are they serious..? is this supposed to be the nicer casino???? well 2 bucks later with enough toothpaste for one good brush; we called to say hey what is going on here..we were told that only people staying in suites get toothpaste!! they were so rude....and we did spend plenty of money there ...so sad~! forgetaboutit!!!

Stayed July 2007
5 Thank erin939
Poconos, Pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2007

My husband and I went to have some alone time from our teenagers and booked the "Suite Indulgence" package for one of the nights. We arrived on @5 pm, Sunday 6/24. The checkout line was very long (as I read in other reviews) however, the hotel staff brought us bottles of water and cookies which to me showed that they understood we were waiting and were trying to make it as pleasant as possible and the line moved rather quickly.
ROOM: We had a Fiore suite on the 26th floor with an amazing view. Our bags were brought up very promptly. The room was beautiful as was the bathroom. It was also very clean and since I'm a neat freak I look for that everywhere. The floor to ceiling windows were awesome. I highly recommend this suite and that's a lot coming from me because I am very particular when it comes to hotels and their rooms.
SPA: We had spa services both Monday and Tuesday and they were great. We had the couples suite on Tuesday. It was very nice but my massage wasn't the greatest even though I kept comminicating my concerns to my therapist. My husband loved his, though. The spa is very nice, I highly recommend that as well and I am a major "spa" girl.
FOOD: We only ate at the Metropoltian one night because we had dinner with friends outside the Borgata the other nights. The food was very good but the service wasn't too great. Our waiter said he was new so we gave him a break.
GAMBLING: We did a little slot playing but mostly played some roulette. Lost a lot but that's why it's gambling.
SERVICE: We read a lot of reviews of bad service but the only encounter we had was at the bell desk. When we parked valet they said they could hold our golf clubs (we didn't want to leave them in our car nor drag them back & forth to our room). Trying to get our bags from the bell desk in the morning before our tee time was not good. The one person that did recognize us told us very rudely that she was trying to get someone and 15 minutes later we finally found someone else to help us. After 2 mornings of this, we just took the bags to our room. Other than that we had great service.
We really had a great time and loved the hotel. We have been to Atlantic City a few times before and this was definitly the best hotel we stayed at.

• Liked — The bathroom
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Motomom243
pottstown, pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2007

my friend and i wanted a quick and fun getaway and the borgata was perfect! we went with the 'up all night' package which is such a great deal considering what you get for the $. we went on a monday which was great because it wasn't very crowded. we enjoyed the comedy show and hanging at the gypsy bar and b bar. we had dinner at the buffet. i am not sure if i would spend the $28 for the buffet if it wasn't what was included in the package but there were a lot of meal options. the staff was helpful and friendly and the room was nice. this was my first time in a.c. and i would definitely come back to the borgata!

• Liked — atmosphere
  • Disliked — bathrooms are hard to find and not inside bars/buffet.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends