“Horrible!!!! What happened to this place?”

Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed July 2, 2007

OK terrible time!! We have stayed here many times and are in shock with how terrible it has become! The service leaves little to be desired, ...we forgot toothpaste so I called housekeeping; I was told to go and purchase it in the vending machine in the hallway....what??? are they serious..? is this supposed to be the nicer casino???? well 2 bucks later with enough toothpaste for one good brush; we called to say hey what is going on here..we were told that only people staying in suites get toothpaste!! they were so rude....and we did spend plenty of money there ...so sad~! forgetaboutit!!!

Stayed: July 2007
5  Thank erin939
There are newer reviews for Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa

Reviewed July 2, 2007

My husband and I went to have some alone time from our teenagers and booked the "Suite Indulgence" package for one of the nights. We arrived on @5 pm, Sunday 6/24. The checkout line was very long (as I read in other reviews) however, the hotel staff brought us bottles of water and cookies which to me showed that they understood we were waiting and were trying to make it as pleasant as possible and the line moved rather quickly.
ROOM: We had a Fiore suite on the 26th floor with an amazing view. Our bags were brought up very promptly. The room was beautiful as was the bathroom. It was also very clean and since I'm a neat freak I look for that everywhere. The floor to ceiling windows were awesome. I highly recommend this suite and that's a lot coming from me because I am very particular when it comes to hotels and their rooms.
SPA: We had spa services both Monday and Tuesday and they were great. We had the couples suite on Tuesday. It was very nice but my massage wasn't the greatest even though I kept comminicating my concerns to my therapist. My husband loved his, though. The spa is very nice, I highly recommend that as well and I am a major "spa" girl.
FOOD: We only ate at the Metropoltian one night because we had dinner with friends outside the Borgata the other nights. The food was very good but the service wasn't too great. Our waiter said he was new so we gave him a break.
GAMBLING: We did a little slot playing but mostly played some roulette. Lost a lot but that's why it's gambling.
SERVICE: We read a lot of reviews of bad service but the only encounter we had was at the bell desk. When we parked valet they said they could hold our golf clubs (we didn't want to leave them in our car nor drag them back & forth to our room). Trying to get our bags from the bell desk in the morning before our tee time was not good. The one person that did recognize us told us very rudely that she was trying to get someone and 15 minutes later we finally found someone else to help us. After 2 mornings of this, we just took the bags to our room. Other than that we had great service.
We really had a great time and loved the hotel. We have been to Atlantic City a few times before and this was definitly the best hotel we stayed at.

2  Thank Motomom243
Reviewed June 25, 2007

my friend and i wanted a quick and fun getaway and the borgata was perfect! we went with the 'up all night' package which is such a great deal considering what you get for the $. we went on a monday which was great because it wasn't very crowded. we enjoyed the comedy show and hanging at the gypsy bar and b bar. we had dinner at the buffet. i am not sure if i would spend the $28 for the buffet if it wasn't what was included in the package but there were a lot of meal options. the staff was helpful and friendly and the room was nice. this was my first time in a.c. and i would definitely come back to the borgata!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank yogamegs
Reviewed June 24, 2007

I had a conference at the Atlantic City Convention center that lasted from a Monday until Wednesday, so I had two nights at the Borgata. I'm pretty much a non-gambler, but I did mess around with some Video Poker while hangig out at B-Bar.

The place was very clean and modern....very appealing. I self-parked in the garage and it was quick and easy. There was a mid sized line for check in, but it only took me about 5 minutes tops. There are mutliple elevators so there was little no wait, and there was a security area to keep the guests rooms isolated. I've had other stays in very nice casino's in other States that did this....I like it.

Dinner at The Homestead was nice....I was single and got to eat at a back bar without a wait. Food was fantastic but bring your appetitite because the plates are large.

The gym ($10 fee) had a lot of equipment for both cardio and weightlifting. Much better than the above average hotel. New equipment too.

If you are there on a Monday, pace yourself and get to Mur.Mur late night. Good time!

The next night I had dinner at Ombra at the bar. Service was quick and the bar staff very friendly. Good conversation without sarificing service to other patrons. Food was good and because it's tapas, the right amount as to not add on extra pounds.

Overall, I've found the place I will be staying when in AC in the future.

Remember, use the tripadvisor reviews to best picture how the place fits your needs/personality!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Sw0rdf1sh
Reviewed June 23, 2007

As a senior I'll tell you that some hotels go out of their way to bring us in as there are so many of us in New Jersey.

The Borgata is not for seniors. They treated us so rudeand the young folks there have no manners. The staff from the moment we checked in has such a poor way of speaking with you. It's like they were upset that we came in.

My husband and I have been married for 46 years and we're still pretty active in our 60's and I can't ever remeber being trated in such a way.

Every where we went we waited in line like cattle. The bellman never brought our bags up to our room until we got a supervisor. The room we got was small and dirty and we had a person come up and clean the urine off the floor near the shower. Why was there urine on the floor? The sheets had a hole in them and the TV remote did not work on the very small tv in the room. There were no extras in the room you would think of after all the fuss people made.

Every perso on staff kept saying that "we're the best casino in Atlantic City". They must be drinking pretty heavy to think this.

We will never got back to the Bor-ruda" hotel. Ruda for rude and Bor for boring. Skip the Borgata you'll be happy you did.

9  Thank concro
Reviewed June 21, 2007

We just came beack from the Borgata Casino and Hotel in Atlantic City and we found the service and staff leave lttle to be desired. We've taken many trips based on reading tripadvisor reviews and this is the first we're writing and hope it helps others.

We been to Vegas, Canada, Reno and other casinos in Atlantic City and we found the Borgata not to be very nice from a service perspective.

Upon getting there our room was not ready when we got there at 1:00PM and we were told to wait until 3:00PM to check in. No "I'm sorry" just a real bad way of saying if yo don't like it "tough luck". We find our way into the casino and play for few hours and get back at 3:45 PM. We are then told that our reservation is not good for the rate we booked the room for and we would have to pay an additional $75.00. At this pount we don't care, pay the money. We booked a King and got twin beds. We call downstairs and they tell us this is all they have but they just charged us $75.00 for the king room!!!!!! We get the front desk manager on the phone and says that he'll get us a KIng if we wait until 6:30PM when he gets a hoisekeeping count. We leave our bags with the bellman and go to and area outside to sit. We first had to walk through an indoor pool filled with kids. There are some chairs and a bar that serves drinks but no outdoor pool. We felt it was kind of cheap based on all we read about the place. The girl serving the drinks was rude, it took a long time to get our drinks and we gave her a good tip and she did not even thank us. We go back inside and play in the casino some more and get to the frontdesk at 6:30. The young lady got us the room promised by the manager and the bellman brought our bags up.

When we got in the room the bed was not made and there was used rubber in the bathroom. I think the Bogata is so over rated that anyone thinking this a class place could not be more wrong.

The front desk talks with the bellman and were taken to a room across the hall. At almost 7:00PM we got a room we soukld have had at 1:00PM. The hotel could not have cared less with what we had been trhough for the past 5 hours.

We go to eat and had made reservations two days agao and we had to wait alomost 45 minutes for our table. We say for 10 minutes and did not even get offered a drink.

I've bben to a lot of casinos all over the U,.S. and outside and I have NEVER seen such service.

I would never go back there again.

10  Thank grant4c
Reviewed June 19, 2007

Stayed for one night in May - will never set foot in the place again !

Rooms are really filthy - service sucks - food not edible ( at least in their so called European Cafe ).

We changed rooms 4 times and finally were upgraded with an apology to one of their suites.

After the first room I was ready to leave - carpet stains everywhere, toilet bowl not clean, mold in the bathroom and hairs all over the shower unit as well as on the wall - however my wife convinced me to be patient as she had read the reviews on this board and simply could not believe that all the rooms were in such a state.

After 4 rooms she knew better, however in the end as it was well past midnight we decided to take the suite the manager had offered as compensation for what we had seen.

The suite was large, nice view, well laid out, but again filthy - same story - badly stained sofa, bathroom just forget it - my shoes were sticking to the floor.

Anyway, we stayed the night and the next day discovered the potential reason for the state of the rooms.

While sitting in the lobby area before u enter the casino, just before the lifts to the rooms, we noticed the clientele that were staying at the hotel - 4 sums and 6 sums of youths probably all staying in one room and carrying large amounts of supermarket beer with them to the rooms !

Believe me this place is not worth money - A really horrible place to stay

If this is the best hotel in AC - then it dun and dusted for us - we will never return.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank gotogo