“Beautiful Room - Fiore Suite”

Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Houston
“Beautiful Room - Fiore Suite”
Reviewed February 25, 2006

The check in was very long. The line to arrive via car was horrible, preferred to park in the garage and then carry our suitcases in. Once in had another line to wait for check in, but it did move fairly fast.
The room (fiore suite) was wonderful, full length windows overlooking the marina and atlantic ocean.
However there was construction next door that started early but was able to sleep through it. But it was annoying. The furniture was really nice and comfortable.
The bathroom was excellent and the shower "Wow".
Would not hesitate to stay again.
The casino was nice, spread out not to busy while were there, however the drink service was just awful and be expected to tip on anything! They stand there until you hand them something, then you have to run them down next time you need anything. Very poor service in that area.
Room Service - was great!

• Stayed February 2006
6 Thank dkroberson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (838)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 21, 2006

Less than expected! The Borgata did not meet our expectations. To our dismay this hotel/casino was not exactly the way we expected it to be. The dealers in the casino were less than hospitable. The room was not exactly worth the price. It was clean enough but not as impressive as advertisements would lead you to believe.
The construction going on outside the building is a little distrubing, (I believe that since I had booked this room many months in advance I could have gotten a call or e-mail to inform me of this construction going on) but not as distrubing as some of the attitudes we received from some of the employees of this fine hotel. From the Valet people to the dealers there was an air of disrespect for the guests. We were not the only ones to feel this way. Staying at as hotel for 3 days allows you to meet and chat with people also staying there. Our opinions were all basically the same. Some of these people were repeat guests too!!!! Eveyone giving another chance to the Borgata to regain itself. It didn't seem like that was happening.
I do plan on giving the Borgata another visit this coming summer. Foolish? Maybe, but I always have given people in my life second chances, why not a hotel?
The best thing about this hotel was the speed of services in the room. The porters were all friendly. The housekeeping staff was more than professional and accomadating. To top things off guests are charged a parking fee too!
The clerk at the desk on our day of departure was wonderful. I layed a lot of complaints on (Yulanda) her and she took them all in stride and did her best to make good for the things that went wrong. She truly seemed upset that we were not fully satisfied with out stay. She was the only true gem in that hotel. I sure hope that my expectations are met on my next visit. Good luck Borgata! I am not the hardest person to please. Trust me!

• Stayed February 2006
14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
NEW YORK
Reviewed February 5, 2006

I stayed here in January 2006, I got comped a free room so decided to try the Borgata. The check in was great, the line moved fast and the staff was super friendly! I'm not a big player so I got comped a basic room. The room was gorgeous, I loved the beds! The bathroom counter is marbel and beautiful! I have never seen a shower where you can set the tempature of the water to a certain degree! that was a cool feature. The room had a refrigrator, coffee set up, safe, and nice furniture. There was a lazy boy chair and ottmon they were so comfortable.

The casino is great they have a wide selection of slots and the dealers are great! Cant wait to go back!

Stayed January 2006
7 Thank NYPAUL
Bay Shore, New York
Reviewed February 2, 2006

Since I take all the tripadvisor reviews into consideration before I travel and find them very useful, I wanted to return the favor. My boyfriend and I spent two nights at the Borgata during the last week of December 2005. The check-in line is long but it moves fast. The room was very nice and clean and although we had been warned about the construction noise, we really weren't disturbed by it.The gym is great: the cardio equipment is in great condition with personal tv's and the weights are adequate. We were also lucky again with the slot machines. I agree with a previous reviewer that they should offer drinks in the pool area, but other than that, the Borgata is a beautiful hotel and we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2005
3 Thank luvtolaf62
Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 21, 2006

Went to Borgata in November. Crowded, had to wait in line for any bar, so forget getting a drink anywhere there in a timely manner. Rude employees (asked a bartender for a martini suggestion and he replied "well what do you want?!?!?". Saw a show and the employees in the hall were rudely herding people away from the showroom. There was only one exit and it was down an escalator... I don't know where they expected everyone to disappear to!

The casino lacked the excitement felt elsewhere. For as crowded as it was, you didn't get the feeling many people were winning.

Decor of hotel is pretty. All in all, too high priced, too crowded, bad attitudes. They won't be seeing us again!

• Stayed November 2005
12 Thank ChristineD717
Gaithersburg, MD
Reviewed January 20, 2006

First off, this is the nicest hotel my fiance and I have ever stayed in. We generally stay at budget hotels when we travel, but we couldn't pass up an opportunity for a complimentary room at a 5-star hotel. We had high expectations and were not disappointed. We were very impressed by the decor, furniture, bathroom, shower, elevators, beds, cleanliness, view, toiletries...you name it and we were probably impressed by it! :)

Of course, a lot of these things should be expected from a brand new hotel just built in 2003. I believe standard room rates start at $200-$300 night, so the hotel *should* be very impressive for those prices.

We did not eat at any of the restaurants in the hotel itself as they were a bit pricey, although the buffet place did interest us and priced about the same as what we've seen at other casinos. We didn't end up eating there and instead ate at places near the boardwalk.

One of our couple friends did try a place in the Borgata called WON (World of Noodles) and said they were the strangest and worst tasting noodles they had ever eaten.

We also had a chance to visit the pool and spa facilities. The workout room looked very nice with high-end equipment and TV's everywhere. We did not use the spa, but it looked to have the standard massage and other services available. We did use pool (which is free) and it was small, but very nice. There is a grand staircase leading down to the indoor pool area and the huge open area above the pool (I'd say the ceiling is 75ft up at least) with large windows make it a spectacular experience at 9:00am in the morning. There is also a large, custom built, jacuzzi/hot tub next to the pool which we fully enjoyed as well.

Although this is our first stay at a 5-star hotel, I'd say you get your money's worth if you decide splurge here.

• Stayed January 2006
2 Thank subflava
Allentown, PA
Reviewed January 19, 2006

Stayed at the Borgata for our honeymoon in August 2005. The rooms were very clean and nice!! great views and fast elevators. Service was ok, food a little pricey would recommend going out to local restaurants like Ihop.