“Beautiful rooms - no place to eat!”

Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed January 15, 2006

I stayed at the Borgata from Jan. 3 to Jan. 5, 2006. The room rate of $109 seemed quite reasonable, since the "classic room" rents for up to $700 at other times.

The room was modern, spacious, very clean, and the night-time view from the huge floor-to-ceiling window was stunning. I also liked the clock radio with CD player and the mini-fridge and illuminated coffee bar inside the armoire.

The large marble bathroom with a glass-enclosed shower stall had a few problems. Without slippers, the marble floor is ice-cold in winter and hurts your feet. Wouldn't it be nice, if the Borgata supplied slippers (available for $12 in the gift shop) to ALL its guests? And every time I took a shower, water was accumulating on the floor outside the closed shower door.

There was no construction noise on the 21st floor, and the desk clerks and concierges were extremely polite and helpful. The indoor pool is straight out of a Hollywood movie, but closes much too early at 8 P.M.

The Borgata's greatest problem is that almost all the restaurants (including the buffet) are closed during the week! This causes long lines outside the 24-hour Metropolitan restaurant which feels like eating in the middle of Grand Central Station. Finally, there is a Starbuck's in the mini-shopping mall inside the hotel, but it has no tables or chairs. Hopefully, the managers will address these problems, if they expect their guests to return.

• Stayed: January 2006
11  Thank Eisbaer1
There are newer reviews for Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa

Reviewed January 12, 2006

Borgata is one of the best hotels in Atlantic City. This hotel gives you a contemporary feel with nice decors and details. The classic room is more than classic, it has a spacious marbled bathroom with a shower for two. The bed and pillows are very comfortable. I would highly recommend you to stay there when you want to do some gambling in the East Coast's Las Vegas.

3  Thank kevinli
Reviewed January 11, 2006

We just returned today from a three night stay at the Borgata. Let me first start out by saying we usually travel to Vegas several times a year, but after visiting this past summer en route to a wedding down in Cape May we thought we would give it a try.

I am very easy to please when it comes to travelling. All I need is a nice quiet room, good food and drink, and a little luck in the casino. Unfortunately NONE of these simple requests were met.

Upon arrival we were told there would be construction noise early in the AM daily. They did not lie about that. Indeed every morning we awoke to very loud awful grinding noise that penetrated every inch of our room on the 31st floor.

After we had checked in and unpacked in our clean basic room, we decided to go have a nice luch at the buffet. Wrong again. There was a sign out front stating the buffet would be closed for cleaning Jan 9-12. The same days we were staying. We were so surprised to say the least. We are not huge buffet people, but do like to eat breakfast or lunch there especially. So we opted for the Metropolitan cafe, which was just ok. Actually we were almost forced to eat there daily due to the buffet closing.

We did eat at the steakhouse one night which was incredible. Great dinner and service, very nice. We were also planning to eat at either Ombra(italian/wine bar) or Specchio(italian) only to find BOTH of these restaurants were also closed for the same three days as the buffet. We were shocked. Why would this busy casino close three restuarants all at the same time. Very stupid in my opinion. Also I was very angry we were not told of these closings upon booking our reservations. When we went to the reservation desk to get an explanation we were met with blank faces and no apologies. If this was the case we definitely would have visited the following week.

The tables(we play BJ and craps)were pretty cold the whole time. The dealers not very friendly, but that's AC for you. We tried to enjoy ourselves despite the lack of sleep and dining options, but will definitely be returning to Vegas in the future, we love Bellagio.

One bright spot of the trip was the time we spent at the pool and spa. My husband enjoyed the jacuzzi, while I enjoyed a wonderful massage with Giovanni.

• Stayed: January 2006
13  Thank CarolinaGirl
A TripAdvisor Member
Hawthorne ,NJ
Reviewed January 2, 2006

I paid alot of money to stay at the Borgata this past weekend.This has been my third year and it gets better and better. I was invited to the Gala in the event center,the room looked stunning.We browsed the food offerings that in sequence of the dishes was more enticing then the prior dish.I cannot believe they served that many lobsters and it was absoulutley perfectly cooked.
The dessert presentation was on stage I cannot describe how they presented it.Each dessert was individually plated and each one looked like a jewel.
Room Service the next day,our breakfast was delivered in 23 minutes.
We ate the buffet on the 1st,we did not want to leave.

Side Note: I understand they are expanding and having a another clb for coples like us that don't fel comfortable in MIXX.It's a great club but just not for me and my wife.

• Stayed: December 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 31, 2005

We stayed at The Borgata for one Friday night in late December of '05. Overall it was a nice Hotel. The room was nice, but starting to show it's age. One of the sheets had a visible hole in it. Nice bed though. The mini bar was empty and seemed to be broken(not that we cared). The bathhroom was clean with a nice marble shower (poor water pressure though). The room service was so awful! We had several sandwiches and salads while there and they were not good! We also had some bad milkshakes during our stay. The menu was limited at best. We only ate at the "Now" restaurant within The Borgata. There was a terribly long line/wait at nine pm and the food was very average. The Casino was pretty nice, but very hard to win. Good bottled beers for players/watchers though. I lost a lot of money and was not pleased. I have gambled well at Ceasars and the Hilton in the past. I did the express checkout option and still have not recieved my promissed e-mail statement for my stay???? I imagine with all the ppv movies and room service it will be a mess. In closing I will say that for Atlantic City, The Borgata was very nice and clean. However, I will never gamble there again. I will sleep at The Borgata and gamble somewhere else.

10  Thank sjp1
Reviewed December 29, 2005

OK, AC is not Vegas (apples vs. oranges), a too tiresome, illogical discussion... BUT Borgata is on par with any high-end property in Vegas... not in size, but defenitely in every other category. Our stay at Borgata was outstanding. Check-in was crowded, but handled well. The q moved and the reservation staff was pleasant and professional. We stayed in a suite... it was defenitely on par (if not better) with any suite i've stayed in at Mandalay Bay, in Vegas... and, though not as large, on par with any suite i've stayed in at TheHotel@MB. The room ammenities were great... awesome bed/bedding, sooo comfortable. The Borgata spa was immaculate (and i'm a germaphobe). The spa was beautiful, and the staff was attentive, professional, and friendly... excellent. The dealers in the casino, again, on par with the best in Vegas... professional, engaging, helpful and friendly. If there is a sugestion to be made to Borgata, it would be to make their pool area more robust... it was filled with folks, lots of fun... but could have used some waitstaff, and a nice bar area w/ lunch & nosh offerings... still it was great. Best restaurant by far at Borgata is The Old Homestead... an old-school steak/seafood house classic... outstanding food matched by outstanding service... 'nough said. Gypsy Bar... GREAT place to chill in a really comfy leather chair... MUST order a Gypsy Mohito, (Lawdy was that great!) I will hopefully be a return customer soon. And in honesty, if Borgata is consistant in it's over-all professionalism, attention to customer service, and oh-so comfortable, beautiful rooms; Vegas will be seeing a lot less of me!

• Stayed: December 2005
7  Thank Deke
Reviewed December 14, 2005

Went for a bacholers party and the hotel was great. We had a lot of fun. The hotel casino floor was still hopping at 5am.

Only real down side to this hotel is that you are stuck in the Marina area of AC.

• Stayed: October 2005