“Never again”

Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
New York
Reviewed August 15, 2005

I stayed at the Borgata about 2 times this year, and gambled maybe 6 times. I spent over $13,000, and still have to argue with a front desk person about getting a free room. How much do you have to spend to get a comp? I have 6 other friends that spend as much as I do, and it seems a bit ridiculous to charge such customers $500 a night, and not just that, to have the nurve to lie and say the hotel is sold out, and at the same time, offer the rooms on their website as available. It might be clean, smells good, pure oxygen pumping throughout the casino, but hell, if they don't want my money, I'm going somewhere like the tropicana that has the same energy as the borgata. Who cares if the rooms are a bit older, how much time do you spend in the room. I had the best time at the tropicana drinking martini's at the piano bar not caring I just lost a couple of grand.

The borgata, you got to see the ridiculous setup they have for sunbathing. They layed out a bunch of lawn chairs on their lawn. No pool outside. You really do feel like your in someone's backyard. Not to mention all the little tiniboppers strolling troughout the casino all drunk. That place needs to be boarded up.

• Stayed: July 2005
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (3,971)

Reviewed August 15, 2005

Last October I went to AC and stayed at the the Borgata. Great casino, great poker room and great room. I just went to AC again and stayed at the Trop on the boardwalk because my wife wanted to go to the beach. We stayed in the new Havana Tower which is their answer to the Borgata ....wrong. Not even close. I am returnig for a poker tournament at the Taj Mahal in late September. I will be staying at the Borgata and looking forward to it. It is the only place to stay in AC in my opinion.

If you are considering staying at the Trop in the new Havana towers instead of the Borgata, don't even think about it.

• Stayed: October 2004
2  Thank SCSTWG
Reviewed August 15, 2005

As you enter the lobby of the Borgata, you forget that dirty, run down Atlantic City is behind you. It is so clean, smells so new. There's a long line to check in but honestly, that's with most hotels in AC/Vegas. As modern as they are with a paperless pay out system, why don't they just add electronic check-in stations?

Their website is also very amateur. I think they need to doll it up and create more excitement on it. It looks like a child designed it. I would love to see more pictures, include links to artists websites, etc.

The Gypsy Bar is great...try the nachos!!!

The rooms are beyond description. Marble countertops and glass shower doors on top of the incredible cleanliness of the room. Everything still feels and looks so new there. The beds are SO comfortable too!!!

The people who are looking for Vegas service should go to Vegas. I'm not sure what you are expecting out of New Jersey but get real people...this place is beautiful.

Lastly, my only true negative comment...you have this AMAZING hotel, a great casino, wonderful rooms, a very modern and impressive spa/gym...and then there's this regular, boring pool. First, shouldn't there be an outdoor one for summer months? Second...it looks like the pool in my friend's backyard...why not swim up bar? How come there's no cool or different design to the pool?

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled on business
10  Thank surreal6
Middletown, NY
Reviewed August 14, 2005

From the moment you walk into The Borgata you feel like royalty. From the breathtaking lobby to the smallest detail, The Borgata is the epitomy of elegance. The rooms are beautifully decorated and equipped with everything from herb teas to nail files. The room service took a bit longer than I had anticipated, but the quality of the food was well worth the wait. The service and attentivness was equally phenomenal at the Homestead Restaraunt where we dined on another occasion. After dinner we chose to enjoy a cocktail at The B Bar where the staff treated us like old friends. The atmosphere was light and very enjoyable. Out of the numerous hotels in A.C. The Borgata is truly a resort worth staying at.

Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
NYC
Reviewed August 12, 2005

Borgata really knows how to do it!! We stayed for one night and decided to splurge and get a suite. It was amazing! We checked in around 4. Line wasn't too bad...We waited about 10 minutes. The staff was very cordial. I am an absolute neat freak so I was thrilled to see that the room was sparkling clean. We had a wonderful view of the city. The floor to ceiling windows really make the room! The bathroom is very luxurious (and also very clean). What else can I say....If you want to do AC right, stay at the Borgata. The class of people is much better than the boardwalk hotels. It is worth every dollar you spend.

• Stayed: July 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 10, 2005

To rate this hotel #1 in AC is a joke. I went to see a concert in April and stayed overnight. The staff was VERY rude and unorganized.

First of all I made my reservation months in advance. They actually charged my credit card the entire cost of the room at that time. Not a huge deal but it I was a bit concerned. That has never happened to me ever at any hotel.

Check in was a mess I reserved 2 beds for me and my friend, I explained this to the front desk person who was obviously new and had no idea what she was doing. We get to the room guess what a king! It took awhile to fix this problem.

You can not charge anything to your room from the gift shop.

Room service was bad and the person who brought it was extremely rude and a bit scary. I was glad I was not alone when this guy showed up.
I travel a lot and this place was like a nice hotel wanna be. It looks nice but it has lousy service.

The rooms were pretty and the bathroom was nice. Other hotels in AC have nice rooms too though.

I liked the casino. The paper system is great. I went to vegas earlier this year and it has caught on there too. I am guessing that other casinos in AC have the paperless system too.

If you want a nice room and to be treated badly stay here.

Stayed: April 2005
10  Thank Babymakes3
Reviewed August 7, 2005

The Borgata touts itself as a luxury hotel. Last year I went and loved it - so much that I was really looking forward to returning. It is the only time I've been able to relax in a big beautiful steamy bath since having my 2 kids- there is no such thing as privacy in my house.

So we get there. The luxury room had a smelly mini-refrigerator. The door lock was broken off (the extra one at the similar to the old chain locks). The bathroom outlet was broken...worse of all, the tub didn't hold water - my visions of steamy bubbles went down the drain.

3  Thank angarone