“Best hotel in Atlantic City”

Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
new york, NY
“Best hotel in Atlantic City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2009

We were looking for a good weekend getaway from the city. We focused on luxury resorts w/ spas within two hours of our home. When we started looking at Atlantic City, we realized that the Borgata is the only nice hotel there. Ceasar's, Bally's, the Taj Majal - they all look like the 70s, and are full of sad looking crowds.

The Borgata is huge, still looks luxurious, has nice rooms, and a terrific spa. There is nothing inexpensive about this place - room start at $400 on a Saturday night and you'll be lucky to find a table w a minimum below $15, and the spa is priced 30% higher than Manhattan, but I guess this keeps much of the riffraff out.

We ate at Bobby Flay's Steakhouse on Saturday night - expensive, but a terrific meal. Paid a large check, but left feeling satisfied rather then ripped off.

Service seems overwhelmed (I never called the front desk without holding for 3-10 minutes), but if you're picky about your accommodations, and you have the money to spend, the Borgata is your only choice in AC. My only beef is that a high end hotel should be more all-inclusive for little things - I shouldn't feel nickel and dimed.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rll31

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (827)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2009

I spent a night at the Borgata in late February 2009 and enjoyed my stay. This was only my second time in Atlantic City (even though I'm from NJ), but have been to Vegas numerous times. I really disliked AC the first time I went so I never went back. I finally made it there now.
The Borgata is very close to a Vegas type hotel. Definitely luxurious. The spa was amazing--the best I've been to. The tables were high, but not surprising for a Saturday night. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would definitely go back.
Favorites: Hotel lobby decor, "scene", nightlife, spa, pool, bathroom
Nots: Hotel bed

3 Thank EShields
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2009

Talk about one stop entertainment, dining and gaming. Went to Borgata on Friday 2/20/09 for one night. Smooth check-in, nice room. Went to B-Bar for a drink and the cocktails were delicious. Had dinner at Old Homestead, which had a great selection from the raw bar and a steak cooked to perfections. Wandered around the casino floor, played some games, had some drinks at the various bars and clubs. All in all a great night. Excellent service, good food and drinks. A+ Hotel in AC

2 Thank NYTravelCouple
la plata
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2009

Was impressed with casino, rooms were nice however housekeeping needs to step up. Found dust bunnies on floor a hanger behind a chair. Dust on the table and the mirror dirty. All this when we got into the room I wanted to see if they would clean this the next day. No they didn't I have to clean the mirror myself and had to get the vacuum off the cart and vacuum the room. We were in a classic king on the 21st fllor facin the city.

New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2009

With all that is going on in the economy these days, one would hope that a quote, confirmation and credit card payment would be enough to guarantee a room price at a supposed major 5 star hotel.
Unfortunately, this is not to be the case. I guess the Borgata is so desperate they have resorted to the bait and switch tactics that are quite common in the automotive and electronics industry.
Flash back; I have enjoyed many a prior stay at the Borgata. You pay a bit more, but let’s face it; you get what you pay for. The rooms, the food and the total package have always been a pleasant experience. I am an experienced traveler and have been fortunate to enjoy many 5 star hotels and my share of 2 and 3 star hotels too.
On February 6th I receive an email solicitation from the Borgata offering room specials for $59 on certain days. On February 7, 2009 I book one of these rooms and receive an email confirmation of the date and $59 rate.
Arrival Date: Sunday, February 22, 2009
Departure Date: Monday, February 23, 2009
Number of Nights: 1
Number of Adults: 2
Room Type: Classic Room Availability To Be Determined By Front Desk
Room Description: Designed in classic Italian style, stylish amenities include floor-to-ceiling windows; 300-thread-count Egyptian cotton sheets; two Queen sized ultra-comfortable custom-made Sealy plush mattresses; oversized glass-enclosed shower with therapeutic showerhead; and high-speed internet access.
1st night rate (excluding taxes and fees):
02/22/09: 1 Room(s), $59
On February 9th my credit card is charged $67.26
On February 19th I receive a reminder email with the date and reservation.
On February 22nd at approximately 9pm my wife and I show up at the Borgata to check in. We are told our rate for the 1 night is ~ $145. I inform the representative that I had booked and paid for this reservation online, and the rate I was quoted and charged was $59 + taxes. Nothing she could do. I ask for a manager. Manager asks me for a copy of the email. I did not think I needed to have a copy with me. I call my daughter at home and have her forward my wife the email to her blackberry and a copy to the Borgata agent LC14982@theBorgata.com. Email arrives – the rate is stated $59. The manager proceeds to tell the agent this em is not acceptable and they will not honor the rate.
I get on the phone and call Harrah’s. They inform me they have rooms and the rate for the evening would be $59. My wife and I were able to salvage our 24hr getaway with a very nice stay at Harrah’s.

Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank SkierJeff
Brooklyn, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2009

My husband and I stayed in the Fiore Suite. It was spacious and clean for the most part. There were not any bathrobes or slippers in the room, no turn down service or other amenities you would expect in a suite. Room service was slow and rude. They did not even put the table near a chair or move one to the table for us to sit and eat. One morning they forgot our toast and did not believe us. Stay at the Water Club. The casino is nice but very crowded and young people just out of their teen running around all over. The restaurants are not great either especially the Japanese one. Your best bet is the steak house. Yet, it is the nicest hotel in AC but do not expect much.

1 Thank DanMar823
maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2009

Stayed in Fiori suite. Room is showing its age, needs updating and a new TV. Still have a 4:3 that is too small to see from bed.

Room wasn't as clean as it should be. Stale smelling. Was disappointed...time to try the Water Club for newer rooms.

Not a 5 star hotel anymore...really like the place but they need to put $$ back into it!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo