“wonderful”

Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
paramus, nj
Reviewed June 4, 2004

checked in the night before good friday. wait indeed but wel worth it. the room was nice and the plush king bed fantastic. we could of stayed in bed the entire time. you coud of put a bed in the bathroom it ws so big. a shower built for two and that you could adjust up to 110 degrees. very nice. wsomeone once told me they have gold faucets but didnt see that. the casino was hopping and we broke even on the slots. had a nice buffet and the staff were very friendly and helpful. only thing was you have to pay to park but everyone charges nowadays so $5 not too bad. a jitney wil take you to any casino in a/c. we are definetly looking forward to our next stay there.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa

Cape May, NJ
Reviewed June 2, 2004

This was the worst stay in AC ever. After check in with reservation taking about 15 min, with a pleasent desk person, we went to the room. Since we were there for my birthday we booked a Suite-700 square feet. It was oviously not cleaned. The carpet had black and white lint all over it, even know we were in dress shoes without socks. The service table had stains all over it. The desk had coffee spills and ring all over it. We deceided to make the best of it. As I began to make coffee, my date began to fill the tub, what a mistake on both. There was a spot for coffee, but no coffee. As she began to fill the tub, there was toilet paper all over it, like if they used it to dry the tub. There were only 1 towel in the whole room. As I closed the door to use the rest room, there was a empty money envelope on the floor. As I washed my hands I noticed that there were sink parts, a spring and silver cover, laying on the floor. As I stepped into the shower I noticed there was no soap, thinking my guest took it I asked but she refused to use the tub at this point. I called the front desk to be moved while she went to the restraunt areas to look over the menu's, since I figured it would only take a few minutes to move. After about 20 min a front desk personal showed up to move us all the way to the other end of the hotel, with no bellhop. I invited her in to show her, but as she looked I could tell she really had other thoughts on her mind as twice as I turned to point out something to her she was watching the TV. Upon moving in the new room, my date called to see what was taking so long. She went into one restraunt, a buffet and the host would not let her look over the food, even know they wanted 26.95 per person. So we deceided to eat in the room, but after seeing that they automatically add a 18% gratuity and a delivery fee, choose the best restraunt around, Domino's. After waiting for over an hour gave them a call. They told us that security would not let them come up to the room. We called the front desk to tell them that we did order and were in our pj's for bed, but they told us we would have to come down the 42 floors to pick it up. When talking to the driver was told he had been waiting for about 20 min and told the front desk, but no one called us, so of course our pizza was luke warm. As we forgot to get soda took a Ten dollar bill half way down the hall to get some soda's since there were none in the suite, but found that the machine would not accept 10's. We are not cheap people and stay in many hotel's in AC, but would never make the Borgata one of those hotel's again. As we are in the hotel business in Cape May, we will always advise against anyone going to this Rude, Over-rated, Dirty, Unfriendly hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2004
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 2, 2004

Recently returned from our fourth stay at Borgata and finally found something to complain about. The Mixx Restaurant is not the place to eat at Borgata.
The decor appears to have been designed by someone high on methamphetamines and the air conditioning is set high enough to make Eskimos cold. We froze through dinner. It's so dark they ought to issue miner's helmets to the diners. The service at this restaurant was, for some reason, indifferent, but the food--like all of the Borgata restaurants--was excellent.

Mixx aside, Borgata remains streets ahead of any other Atlantic City casino hotel. Their poker room is first rate, offering a good mix of games at various price ranges with plenty of tables. The guest rooms are comfortable, clean and spacious, check-in and check-out was quick and easy and the staff is professional and friendly. The gaming tables aren't crowded together so you can move easily through the casino. I've heard the slots are tight, but not being a slot player I don't really know.

At the end of the day, it ain't the Bellagio, but it is certainly the very best Atlantic City has to offer.

Perkasie, Pennslyvania
Reviewed May 31, 2004

The room and food were good; however, the gambling was a little iffy! Anyway, the main issue was at checkout time because we had a gift certificate, but i had to reserve the room on my credit card! After two of my credit card statements arrived the borgata never credited my card! So after calling all day (everyone knows how that goes) they told me we got charged $250.00 for a late checkout which did not even happen. After talking to about 7 people they only credited my card 223.45!!! They told us that we never paid for the tax when at checkout the woman gave us cash back beause we had money that was unspent! UNBELIEVABLE!!!! WATCHOUT!!!

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sewell, N.J.
Reviewed May 16, 2004

On saturday evening,5/15/04 my friends and I had planned a birthday celebration dinner at Mixx. This was the first time my husband and I visited the Borgata.
I had heard mixed reviews and now I know why.
The dining experience at Mixx was ok except that they tried to pass Absolute Vanilla as Stoli Vanil and still charged the same price. At the the end of dinner our server told us if we wanted to leave the restaurant we could get stamped at the door and return when the music started. This was at 10:15 pm. The DJ started at 10:30 pm. Since we were already sitting there for 2 hours we wanted to gamble and do some shopping. When we asked the Doorman(?) he gave us a hard time and told us he did not have the stamper yet and when my husband asked him if he could remember us he said I won't even be here in 15 minutes. We were wondering if they hold a ceremony to bring out an ink stamp. I told the staff they need to learn a lot from Las Vegas. We have made a few trips there and I will definitely pay the airfare again to be treated as a person instead of the usual AC crowd that looks like they haven't had a bath in 3 days. The management team at the Borgata needs to take a trip to the Bellagio and take their cue on how to treat their guests.

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
NJ
Reviewed May 14, 2004

Very very overrated. Granted, most of AC is a dump, but if you think this is a 4 star place you either (1) don't know what a 4 star place is (think Ritz Carlton or Ceasars in Vegas) or (2) you are one of those people who feels really "special" because you've been given an opportunity to be trated like crap and spend a lot of money at the same time. Next time I'll pass. By the way, I spend big bucks at Mohegan Sun and wouldn't consider going back to the Borgata.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 11, 2004

We had a great time at the Borgata. Rooms was big and had awesome views of the city. We went on a Sunday-Monday so the rooms were reasonable and the table limits low. Played some no-limit Texas hold em for the first time there and was able to get a table quickly and at only $1-2 blinds. Made some money there too.

Would come back any time we are in AC.

Only negatives were that many of the nicer restaurants are closed the days we went, but we knew that going in.