“The service was not that impressive. It's a high traffic hotel need to keep up with traffic”

Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

I came in for a conference the front line moved pretty fair. I had one person that I would say that was exceptional. He worked at the bellman desk. I apologize can not remember the name. He greet everyone with a smile and took the extra step with service. The rooms were average. The smoke was just too much. I know when you gamble you smoke. I just hated working through the clouds of smoke and than my hair and body smell like smoke for hours. Shopping okay prices were over price. Food was just not good at all. I had 4 days if terrible dining was glad when we left. The food during the conference was okay. It was a safe area because no smoke. We arrived during snow. So we were in most of the time and in classes
I do understand when there are so many people the service goes down so if you are looking for that. It's not there..

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank Coolbreeze_1999

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (856)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We had two nights comped. It's $5 to park in the garage. Make certain you get a receipt. You can come and go as many times as you like during your stay if you show them your original receipt. Check-in was a breeze even though the line was very long. Took less than 10 minutes and the woman was very very pleasant. We got exactly what we asked for in a room, even though we were originally told a king smoking room was not available. The room was spotlessly clean and very spacious, toiletries were average, large bathroom with stand up shower. No problem with having the hotel make our dinner reservations. They were pleasant and efficient. We needed new batteries in our TV remote and someone was sent up within 15 minutes - we've never had anyone respond that quickly! We were on the 43rd floor and it was very quiet; no problems falling asleep. The view of the city and the ocean was fabulous. The pool and hot tubs are clean and well maintained. Outstanding. I would love to go back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lisa703
New Jersey
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Stayed at The Borgata last weekend. Beautifully appointed rooms and accommodating staff. My favorite feature was the bathroom. Spacious and with a great shower. The rooms are very quiet. Even though there were many young (20 something revelers) around, we never heard a thing. The casino is large with something for everyone. A bit too smoky for my taste, but that's a small price to pay for all the other amenities. I liked the fact that the hotel is its own little entity away from the other boardwalk hotels. We did not try room service, but it runs 24 hours and the menu is nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JL51
Tuckahoe, New York
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My first visit to this wonderful hotel was at my cousin's Bachelor Party, many years back. I was impressed with the hotel then, and still am impressed when I visit it now. There is no need to ever leave the hotel since it has all amenities available to you there. The bars are phenomenal and the restaurants are superb. I have been to both clubs, and though that is not my typical scene, they are still a great time (though it can get VERY crowded). Plenty of late night eats to soak up the alcohol consumed at night (or day).

The massage therapists are exceptional as well, and I'd recommend that you treat yourself to a massage when there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Rich B
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is the second time we stayed at the Borgata. It was very clean and in great shape. Service was as expected, good not outstanding. We don't expect outstanding when we are at a Casino. Our only negative was the lack of restaurant choices that were open during our stay. We were there on a Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday. We did eat at Wolfgang Puck's off the casino floor and it was outstanding from the service to the food. Overall a nice couple of days.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MITIDO
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We went to stay at this hotel with a comp we received on a Sunday to Monday. The line to check in was really long but it went rather quickly. Our room was clean and spacious. Nothing grand or over the top. Toiletries are basic. We enjoyed our stay though. Everything was clean and fine. No tub in bathroom just a standup shower. Double sinks... Empty fridge. There is a snack machine nearby on each floor. We had breakfast in the casino at a restaurant which was nice and convenient because ordering to room was going to take too long due to high volume with the comps at the hotel. We will definitely go back here when visiting AC.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Long Island, New York
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I enjoyed my entire stay at the Borgata with my mother. We stayed on the 19th floor and had a nice view of the bay and the marina. The slot machine gaming was fantastic because there was a variety of slot machines, especially penny machines. They also had a lot of table gaming available for those who prefer like the tables. I found the staff very nice and engaging and found that the hotel was laid out nicely and I found everything I was looking for with ease. They had a variety of dining options available (steak house, Italian, Japanese, etc.), a comedy show and various clubs for drinks and dancing. The rooms were decorated elegantly, without too much fan fare and the bathroom was very well thought out. The walk in shower was lovely. I do wish that they would offer WiFi free of charge. This hotel/casino is set apart from the rest of the boardwalk, but with all of the options available here, I didn't need to go elsewhere. What I needed was onsite.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors to get a great view of the bay and/or the marina. The windows l...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family