“"Weekend Getaway"”

Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
North Bergen, New Jersey
“"Weekend Getaway"”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Spent a weekend with my wife at this resort and had a fabulous time. From the moment we checked in we were treated with a lot of courtesy and professionalism. The room was very spacious and well maintained. My wife and I are not gamblers or anything like that, but we had some fun at the casino, and even won some money! One night we chose to fine dine at Izakaya, the Japanese restaurant, and it turned out to be very good. Extraordinary sushi, sake and robatayaki served in a sensual, yet contemporary atmosphere. Next morning we were indulged at Spa Toccare where relaxing treatments are guaranteed to exhilarate. We loved our stay at Borgata and we'll be going back for more!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Felix B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (838)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Waterbury, Connecticut
Reviewed March 5, 2014

For girls that want it all under one roof plan your weekend at the Borgata.

Check in moved fast, which was great after we had been in a car for almost 5 hours. Our clerk on check in did not tell me about the security deposit to my card. He was vague and hardly looked up from his computer at us. When we had to extend our stay because of the snow and it was easy, the clerk actually took the time to explain everything.

The hotel was OK, nothing superb but there wasn't a dull moment outside of our room. Beds were comfortable, but upon check in I had no fitted sheet on my bed? Room was dusty (our entertainment center had yellow fuzz - presuming from a towel?), had an empty fridge and lots of sink room for 2 females to share. Lighting is NOT ideal for make up, so proceed with caution when you're gussying up (less is more, ladies). Any bump in the night on our floor we heard. We stayed on the 33rd floor and anyone that walked past we could hear their conversations from our beds. Housekeeping always had a cart doing something at any time of the day or night when we exited our room.

Slots were not as loose as I was led to believe. A lot of them couldn't even read my players card.

B Bar is full of men. Young, old and inbetween. Was fun - but smoke is overwhelming. We were caught in the snow storm so most things closed after 1 PM on Monday, including Murmur (WAH) so the floor seemed pretty busy at night. Long Bar had the best drinks (Bayside Fizz) but I couldn't help but feel discriminated against for all female bartenders ID'ed us every time we were there. I thought you had to be 21 in the casino in Jersey anyway? The drinks also tasted different on Sunday than on Monday (less fizz). Izakaya hardly has a bar and the sushi is sub par.

Vintage gets one star and it was one of the reasons we wanted to go. As budding wine-os we thought we would be able to take away from this trip. The wine tasting is that.. one taste of wine from a red and a white. Upon asking questions each bottle our host suggested was out of stock and even the wines you pay for a taste of, the 2 we enjoyed most they didn't have. As we settled on a wine from Argentina, we made a comment about how our Colombian friend enjoys wine from that area.. the clerk ringing us out casually mentioned that cocaine from Argentina is very good. OK.....

Overall the trip was fun and we weren't left bored or without a story to tell. On a closing note, beware of the jitney.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank amy f
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My wife and I decided to have a get away weekend to the Borgata and was not disappointed. Here are some of our opinions:

Parking: We decide to do self parking since the valet parking had a long line. Self parking involves taking an elevator ( depending which parking level you are on ) and walking through a portion of the hotel to get to the front desk. Valet would leave you right by check in desk but since we only had an over night bag, we didn't mind the walk. There was a $5.00 fee when you leave the self parking lot.

Check in: There was a long line in check in but the line moved fast enough and our rooms were ready.

Room: The room was beautiful. We had a clean and comfortable king size bed. The rug was spot less and clean. The bathroom had a big shower and a separate area for the toilet. It had a great view of Atlantic City with the ocean in the background.

Casino: Yes, the oder of smoke was around but it was not empowering as I thought it would be from other reviews I had read on Tripadvisor. Friendly staff help me locate a specific slot machine game I was looking for and the casino was very clean.

Entertainment: We saw comedian Ralphie May in the showroom and had a fantastic time in the show. No really bad seats in the theater.

Restaurant: We ate at " The Metropolitan " both for dinner and breakfast. The menu had a wide selection of food and the food tasted great.

Overall we had a fantastic stay. You know things are going well when you intentionally begin to look for negative thing to critique the hotel and can't find one. Can't imagine staying anywhere else in Atlantic City that can measure up this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 24th floor with a great view so I guess anything on that floor or higher is grea...
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 2, 2014

If you are a poker player of any skill level, this is the ONLY room to play in while in AC. The dealers are incredibly fast and professional, and the room itself is big, spacious, and beautiful. There are always loads of different games going of all different types and denominations, and if you ever do have to wait to get into a game it is always very quick (especially for the $1/$2 NL). Make sure you get a free players card because they are very generous with comps and you can earn free nights!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Joe F
Manasquan, NJ
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We went to the Borgata because of a gift certificate from our daughter, it's not our usual place to stay in AC. We were surprised at how nice it was there. The staff were very welcoming and even made our dinner reservations as we were checking in. Our room was very large, clean and had a beautiful view, 34th floor! The pool, indoor, was really enjoyable. The casino was big and exciting. We stayed two nights and wished for more. This will become our AC casino/hotel.

Room Tip: The higher floors have a nice view and the elevators are fast.
2 Thank Marlene M
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Been here countless times and when you stay here its like you just leave everything behind, including reality. But in a good way...Borgata is always a very FUN time. It is away from the hustle/bustle of the boardwalk area - but that could be a negative for some, depending on what you're looking for. I never miss the boardwalk places as they tend to be seedier and not as classy as the Borgata and Water Club. It's located at the Marina area of AC, but still only a quick cab ride if you still want to head over to the boardwalk.

My favorite restaurants are still Izikaya (not sure on spelling) for GREAT Asian apps, drinks and sushi, and the Old Homestead steakhouse. As far as I'm concerned this place BLOWS AWAY Bobby Flay's steak place and the atmosphere is MUCH nicer - although it is pricier too I believe but worth it. It's hard to get out of there for under $300. for two people. Sea Blue is great for seafood, and Wolfgang Pucks great too, buffet very good as well for breakfast and lunch. Service everywhere is excellent in my experience and appropriate for where you are dining. Really I never had a bad meal at any of their restaurants. While you are booking, make sure the restaurants you want to hit are open, because many of them are closed on certain days. I suggest calling ahead and make resies too (if you can stick to them!) especially for weekend trips.

There are a few boutiques and sundry shops but not many, so if you're in the shopping mood, again, the boardwalk and downtown shopping are only a quick cab ride away.

If you gamble note it can be hard to get a seat at roulette and sometimes black jack too, but I find that to be the case in most casinos because it cuts down on labor costs for them, but that said it still not that bad (tho weekends a bit crazier). 99% of their dealers are very nice and player-friendly as are the "pit bosses". They make for a good experience at the tables. DO mind your table etiquette here, they don't put up with "loud mouths", pushy players or bullies at the tables - and I suggest asking how to play beforehand. The bosses or a dealer at an empty or slow table will give you pointers.

I've been to the spa at Borgata but never Water Club but it was a good spa experience. Next time i will do the spa at Water Club for something different (these two are twin hotels and are connected but the casino is central to both). Water Club has an outdoor pool (one of the few in Atlantic City) but mind you it's pretty small and intimate and gets packed in the summer. Borgata has a pool but it's indoors. I'm not sure if you can use the Water Club pool if you are staying at Borgata either, so if that's important to you, ask! The rooms at both hotels are very nice. Beds and pillows are comfy I think. All bars are great, each one offers something a little different, and are pretty much low key, but mind you there are two heavy duty CLUBS there too which attract younger partiers from all over the tri-state, and they are rocking from Friday-Monday nights. So if you like clubbing, you may want to check out Mixx and Mur Mur. If not, do expect some of that "overflow" into the casino and restaurants on those nights. Not too disruptive really, but the quietest, low key experience you will have there is Tues and Wed nights - just fyi.

One thing I really don't agree with is the smoking which is allowed anywhere except in restaurants of course and in the non-smoking hotel rooms. For a while I think they banned smoking, but now, it's allowed. That said, I must say - at Borgata MOST people are very considerate, and rarely do i see anyone really lighting up at the tables there out of consideration to others.

I suggest coming here for some great away time. Someone else did comment about lines but the check in lines tend to move very quickly - they are very good about that. If you come on weekends expect to wait a bit longer for valet but that's the way it is anywhere I think. Borgata is still my favorite AC hotel I would never stay anyplace else. I love it!!

Room Tip: higher floor with city view (they don't guarantee them when booking only what's available up...
3 Thank LSPNYC
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This property sits away from the Atlantic City Boardwalk strip. Smoking is allowed in the casino and the casino is in the middle of the property. The shops and restaurants circle the casino. As a result smoke is everywhere which made it a bit uncomfortable to walk around the property.

I expected a Bellagio level room. This is not the case. The room is on par with a Hyatt or Hilton with an upgraded bathroom. The amenities in the room are also on par with a Marriott or Hilton - nothing special... It is a solid room but not luxurious in any fashion. In my opinion the cost of a stay exceeds the value.

The spa was incredible. Everyone was very gracious and accommodating. Every amenity that you could want is provided. There are all kinds of wonderful products for your skin and hair. In the lounge area refreshments are provided. I had the Sole Revival and it was fantastic. I felt so relaxed when it was over. I lounged in the wet room for a while and read from my Kindle. What a wonderful experience. I would definitely go back to the spa.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends