“Nice Stay”

Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed here on NYE and had a great time. The hotel was very clean and check in and check out was made very simple. The employees were all nice and very helpful. When asked last minute for a late check out it was no problem. My only complaint was there was only one late night food place open and since it was NYE, everyone was there and we waited 45 min for hamburgers! But then again, it was NYE...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lauren B
There are newer reviews for Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed at the Borgata for the weekend and it was excellent. Room wasn't huge but perfect size. We really enjoyed the hotel, service was wonderful. Bathroom was a nice size. Food in the hotel was great. Great Casino!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Foodie414
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Hello there.

Happy New Year!!! Just got back from a 5 day stay in Atlantic City that my partner and I booked for a holiday getaway. I also love spa services and love to travel and be near the ocean so very much looked forward to relaxing and enjoying great food. We initially chose The Revel after our second day ...checked out due to many reasons listed on my Revel review...so thumbs down from our end on so many levels. Luckily, we experienced a total vacation recovery the moment we walked into The Borgata. Thank goodness for them and us....the front desk was amazing and booked us into a gorgeous room at a great rate.

Since The Borgata's renovated, the rooms are beautifully appointed and elegant, all was extremely clean and we experienced the best guest and customer service in town the whole rest of our stay. The guests were happier and friendlier too. There were no smoke issues as we requested a non-smoking room. We were so happy and thrilled with out stay that we booked 2 more weekend getaways and the spa has some great seasonal specials for February, which I am going to be taking advantage of. Am so excited to return to The Borgata and experience the Spa. There are lots of fun things to do at The Borgata - comedy, music, etc. Thank you Borgata :D

Good luck with choosing!!!

Room Tip: Request High floor, Non-smoking
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Omayra21
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Love that there is so much to do in one hotel - restaurants, casino, bars, & clubs. The biggest reason that I would not return is the foul smell in the rooms. Instantly gave everyone a headache, and made it feel like a Motel 6 rather than an upscale hotel experience. Not sure what the smell was, but it seemed like everything smelled like smoke.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank ABC2014
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed here for a girls weekend and it was excellent. We stayed in the Water Tower. The room was very nice, much larger than expected; we had room for all of our luggage and the shopping bag we accumulated after an afternoon at the outlets. The toiletries in the bathroom were excellent. It is nice to know you don't have to bring shampoo, conditioner and lotion with you because the hotel provides quality products. We had dinner in the buffet. The food was very good, and the selection had something for everyone. We spent a wonderful day at the pool, received great service from the attendants and enjoyed great drinks and snacks. If you are looking for a fun weekend, this is the place!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank MJVADC
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I also must agree with Njdisneymom, although the room was lovely (much nicer than Trump, not quite as nice as the water club) before we had even gotten checked in to the hotel, I began feeling ill from the cigarette smell.
At first I thought I could just avoid it by staying far from smoking sections of the casino, however, the restaurants surround the casino and no matter where you eat, the smell filters in. While the hotel says they have an excellent system for smoke removal, perhaps they need to install more of them or additional ones outside of each of the restaurants.
While the food at the hotel was great, if we had been within walking distance of any other restaurants we would have gone elsewhere to eat because the smell is that pervasive and ruins everything. This is one of the draw backs of the Borgata and water club...you are not near enough to the boardwalk or the outlet shopping to walk there.
My husband and I are not big gamblers, we go to AC because it is a quick get away. We usually spend our time catching a show and in the spas. The spa here was very nice, the spa staff very helpful and friendly. My only suggestion would be for some type of bench inside of the shower stalls to sit on while drying and dressing.
The cleaning woman in the hotel room was lovely. In fact, at one point we had forgotten our key when returning from the spa and she literally ran over to help us, even picking up our bag and carrying it into the room.
In our hurry to check out, we left two things in our room. We discovered this at home and called immediately. Although it was only 1:30 PM, the room had already been re-occupied. The woman I spoke to was pretty unhelpful...said all I could do was wait till they checked out. She sounded pretty disinterested in even bothering to look. That was yesterday, so I called again today. This time the woman I spoke to was much more helpful. She suggested that they could try calling the current guests for permission to go into the room, but suggested that waiting till they checked out would give them a chance to do a more thorough search of the room(moving furniture etc.). I guess only time will tell if I will get the items back, but the difference in attitude was amazing.
Would I return? If I could go there and not be exposed to the smoke; definitely. But there are so many alternate choices for a getaway in the NY metropolitan area, that I think it will be a long time before I will venture back there.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tessa M
Joanna M, Guest Relations Manager at Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Tessa M- We’re sorry the smell of smoke bothered you during your visit. We will definitely consider your suggestions. Please private message me your contact information and I will see if I can help find the items you left behind.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed in Boragata last December, already booked for this January, it is amazing hotel with spectacukar view, shops , wonderful massage and spa facilities, plus great reStaurants for dinner and cozy bars. A heaven for gamblers or just a perfect place for a fami,y reunion. Cant wait to get 30th floor room as the view was spectacular.......

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family