“Just ok.”

Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Not sure we would go there again. It's not Las Vegas. The adjoining hotel was closed during the week! Casino was fairly busy but not packed. Room was ok - nothing special. Not sure the value is there for what you spend.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bob B
Write a ReviewReviews (3,946)

Reviewed October 14, 2013

So much fun and so pretty...if you are doing it do it here...rooms are lovely but need more outlets and the staff is so helpful. Spa is lovely...great restaurants! The Metropolitan is like a diner on steroids and you can taste the love. Bread and Butter makes the BEST Taylor Ham and egg sandwiches ever ( apparently this is a Jersey thing but translates to everyone!). By all means go to Wolfgang Pucks and have the Tuna Tartare please please even if you think you wouldn't like it you will be happily surprised. Now to the gambling ...I always wish two things....that there are more black jack tables (as the weekend gets crowded and seats are hard to find) and that blackjack players get rated better (slot players get all the perks!) . But the gambling staff is excellent! And I mean excellent! Special mention to dealers Diane and Bond ....they are the type of dealers you dream of and pit bosses like Marybeth and Alice let you know how much they have the crazy under control. AC has had a tough time post Sandy and unfortunately the casinos no longer make it easy to get there from metropolitan New York. It has now become a very difficult place to get to and I hope that changes. Seriously easier to get to Vegas....are you listening New Jersey?

1  Thank amc10
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Borgata is an awesome place to stay, gamble, and eat. Nothing but an great time! The buffet was well worth the $30. Mur mur was a lot of fun. There are low and high limit tables. I will always stay at the borgata when i'm in AC.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Having been to AC 3 times in a month I feel I am able to rate this hotel as I did. Check-in very good....room ready and clean....nice view on a high non-smiling floor.....all our requests were met. This was our first visit to this property and we will definitely return. Good value for what we paid.

Room Tip: Higher floor has a better view.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

After reading reviews on this site of other hotels, my friend and I decided that since we had stayed at the Borgata before and loved it, that we would try to book there again, regardless of the price. At the Borgata, you absolutely get what you pay for. The minute you walk in you are surrounded by excellence. I am always impressed upon walking in the door. We checked in with a woman named Queenie who was wonderful. She answered all of our questions and was able to accommodate our requests without any issues at all. The room was exquisite. The carpet was plush, the refrigerator was free to use, no mini bar charge or anything like that. The television was HD and offered a lot of different channels. The beds were a good combination of soft and firm, the pillows were perfect and the linens were soft and comfortable. They use bath sheet towels, not the usual towels at hotels that typically do not cover much. We decided to order room service instead of going out to eat. The food was hot and delicious. Valet parking is $5, it's free if you are a Black Label. We had brunch at the Borgata Buffet. It was around $28 per person but all of the food was delicious and fresh. Everything about our experience at the Borgata was amazing.

Room Tip: We were given a room on the "city side" and we were on the 37th floor out of 43 floors.
1  Thank MissFabulousX
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Nice hotel with an indoor spa and a huge casino. We stayed at the Borgata hotel with our friends for 1 night. We had a huge room with two queen beds, modern furniture, TV-set and a nice wall-in shower room on the 37th floor and ocean view. We had a dinner at the Bobby Flay Steak restaurant, the food was very delicious and they serve a fine wines. The service is really great. The casino area accepts smokers and they offer a lot of cocktails. Far from downtown and they don't offer free breakfast also they charge for WIFI usage.

Room Tip: Choose the highest floor with the ocean view
1  Thank Yulia_leasy
Reviewed October 12, 2013

NOTE!! We happened to go on a Tuesday, and took advantage of their package that includes the breakfast buffet. However, the buffet is CLOSED both on Tues. and Weds. No one mentioned this to me when I made my reservation (on the phone). And not just that, but several other restaurants are closed. Call me crazy, but I LOVE casino buffets. I would probably have gone elsewhere had I known. And, even if you don't love buffets, you would think that they wouldn't sell the package for that date, right?

Anyway, it was a lovely room. A nice view. Friendly staff. The slots are pretty decent, and the game selection is pretty good. I get the feeling that the hotel/casino is slowly wearing out around the edges. But it was still nice enough, and we will be back, I think.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple