“Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa”

Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Nice hotel with an indoor spa and a huge casino. We stayed at the Borgata hotel with our friends for 1 night. We had a huge room with two queen beds, modern furniture, TV-set and a nice wall-in shower room on the 37th floor and ocean view. We had a dinner at the Bobby Flay Steak restaurant, the food was very delicious and they serve a fine wines. The service is really great. The casino area accepts smokers and they offer a lot of cocktails. Far from downtown and they don't offer free breakfast also they charge for WIFI usage.

Room Tip: Choose the highest floor with the ocean view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Yulia_leasy

Reviewed October 12, 2013

NOTE!! We happened to go on a Tuesday, and took advantage of their package that includes the breakfast buffet. However, the buffet is CLOSED both on Tues. and Weds. No one mentioned this to me when I made my reservation (on the phone). And not just that, but several other restaurants are closed. Call me crazy, but I LOVE casino buffets. I would probably have gone elsewhere had I known. And, even if you don't love buffets, you would think that they wouldn't sell the package for that date, right?

Anyway, it was a lovely room. A nice view. Friendly staff. The slots are pretty decent, and the game selection is pretty good. I get the feeling that the hotel/casino is slowly wearing out around the edges. But it was still nice enough, and we will be back, I think.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mjaz
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and I received free comped rooms at the Borgata so we decided to travel the 3 and 1/2 hours and spend 2 nights there for our anniversary. First let me say I have been going to A.C. once or twice a year for over 20 years. I have seen it declining but now it is to the point I won't go back. The town was empty. Let me start with the good points. The Borgata is a beautiful facility and the room was clean and spacious and beautifully decorated. No complaints. However if you want wi-fi it's $15 a day. If you get bottled water from the vending machine on your floor it's $2.25 for an 8 oz bottle. That is an incredible $36 a gallon. Bobby Flay's Steak House was charging $96 for a steak. On top of that most everything was closed including the buffet. So they give you a free room to lure you there and then you are practically a captive to their exhorbitant prices for everything. My wife paid $16 for a Margaritta. IMAX was $15. The only other thing to do is gamble on machines that are geared to take your money. I am a student of gambling. I know the pay back percentages on slot machines and video poker. These are published monthly by the gaming commission. There were exactly 6 full pay Jacks or Better machines in Borgata. Tropicana had none and the Golden Nugget has 4. The average slot in Atlantic City takes $8 from every $100 you put in to the machine. At Sam's town and other local casinos in Las Vegas, the slot machines take $2 out of every $100. You figure it out. If you want to leave and go to another casino you will pay your parking fee, of $5 or $10 but get credit to visit one other casino that day. The Metropolitan Deli is great and the meals are worth the prices. We did leave to visit the Tropicana where valet parking is $10. I went there to play in a Texas Hold Em Poker tournament. It was cancelled that day. We also went there to eat at P.F. Changs which is wonderful and the meals are well worth what you pay. The atmosphere and the help are also great. If you go there ask for Rocky for your waitress. She is wonderfull. Don't gamble there unless you like giving away your money.

My point is that business is off 20% in Atlantic City and these casinos are closing down lots of services and trying to make up the revenue by overcharging the dwindling number of customers for most things and increasing the house edge on gambling. Not a good business model. I won't go back to A.C. and I doubt it will still be in business in 10 years anyway. I fully expect to see a few casino/hotels go belly up in the next 2 years and stay abandoned. Visit A.C. at your own risk.

2  Thank bobsynth
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Went to the Borgota for a one-night getaway with my wife. Found the hotel to be very clean, and convenient. I immediately noticed that there was good security entering the elevator area to our room, from the casino area. Two security guards were checking for room keys. The room was of average size, and all of the furnishings were very modern. The bathroom was all marble and there was a large walk-in shower. The pool/jacuzzi area was very nice too, with palm trees and other tropical plants. Although it is away from the boardwalk where many of the other casino/hotels are, there are several high-end restaurants as well as night clubs and a comedy/concert venue in addition to the casino. I would recommend staying at the Borgota, and will do so myself in the future.

Room Tip: The higher floors have a better view of Atlantic City and the ocean.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I recently stayed at the Borgata, taking advantage of a Groupon offer. The hotel has a beautiful, contemporary decor including Murano glass art. There are great restaurant options. I ate at the Italian restaurant... delicious food! There were a few disappointments, however. Though my guest room was beautiful and had nice room amenities, it was not well cleaned, especially the bathroom. Fortunately, I travel with Clorox wipes. I was also surprised that the smoking section of the casino is in close proximity to the lobby, restaurants, and shops, creating a 2nd hand smoke problem. I needed to take my asthma medication soon after arrival at the hotel. There is a lovely "living room" area near the guest room elevators that was smoke-free which gave me a reprieve.

Room Tip: The non-smoking rooms are truly "smoke-free."
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2013

When in AC I only stay here, its the best place to relax visit spa and have a nice dinner. If you have a late dinner in the MIXX, you can stay there free when it turns into night club and they collect cover fee.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EugeneWein
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I Love the experience i had at the borgata hotel in atlantic city. The customer service was excellent the hotel was an art the rooms were beautiful and the pool and spa were very relaxing. The casino was huge loved the poker room the biggest one in AC always packed if you live 2-3 hours away i highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The borgata Water club nicer rooms
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends