“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 53 Hotels in Atlantic City
NJ
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed here with my wife and kids on 7/9 and 7/10. Rooms were very clean, great linens, and exceptional bathrooms. We were on 23rd floor, and had a no issues with the room what so ever. 2 queen beds, large flat screen, table and chairs, wall safe, mini fridge. And the shower let you pick the temperature of the water before you turned it on.
The only improvement I'd like to see is with the pool. There is only an indoor pool at the hotel (the fancier Water Club has an outdoor one) and for a hotel this size, it seems like the pool is too small. Staff was all very friendly and helpful.
And I saw someone mention the $5 parking fee. Every other casino we saw or visited has at least a $10 fee, some more. And the parking attendant gave us a free hotel transfer voucher when we did leave Borgata to go to the Trop for a magic show. We paid the $5 to Borgata when we left, but didn't have to pay when we checked out, they only hit us one time, when added with the free transfer, I thought it was very considerate of them.
Now if they would only add more things for kids to do...but I guess thats not who they are trying to attract.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Zman27

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (724)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Butler, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

By far the nicest, cleanest Hotel/Casino in AC. Besides losing, I cannot complain about my time spent here. I did stay based on COMPS. Rooms are so comfortable and the bathroom is one of my favorites when travelling. Odd you say? Wait till you stay. Great restaurants within the hotel.
My only quam. The Pool.
It is located inside and they do have a sun garden to lay out. The unfortunate part, now not to sound like a tool, children. Parents did not attend or mind them and it felt as if I was in a public pool. No regard for anyone and the parents either. One child vomitted in the pool and they ended up closing the pool for "up to 4 hours" on a 90+ degree day.
Not having it! I did go to the front desk and filed a complaint. Only after I was told by the 21 yr old life guard that I shouldve spent a few more dollars and stayed at the Water Club. Infuriated I went to the front desk immediately, looking for a pass to the WC. I spoke with the manager who informed me that he would send via snail mail, compensation for my next visit. 3 weeks later I am still waiting. A follow up is due.
Anyhow, just keep the pool in mind and enjoy the best Hotel/Casino in AC!
GOOD LUCK!

Room Tip: Bread and Butter for Breakfast. Folow up at Starbucks. Keep your kids home. this is Grown Up Land
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Artie W
Wilton, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed over this past weekend at the Borgata and the hotel and rooms are very nice. The room itself was clean and ready we when I arrived (3:45 - slightly before check-in time). The person checking my group in was accommodating were able to have my room on the same floor as others in my group with a choice of floors. The only thing that I didn't like was the TV. It was nice and large Samsung TV but the picture quality was weird. At first I thought it might be 3D TV but it wasn't just created the image differently and making watching a show hard.

My one main complaint was the security that grant you access to your rooms. They were nasty every time regardless of who was a the door. Each time you enter the hotel area, you need to present your room key. This is regardless if you're holding various items. If they are not satisfied with the way they present it they are rude. I don't understand why they needed to act that way. In other establishments this person could at least be friendly and welcoming and still perform security. Additionally, if a room key was warranted then they should require it in the elevator.

During out stay, we ate at the buffet for brunch. The staff moves so slow to charge you only to wait two more times before being seated. Getting seated was so frustrating and long. I found this the same at most establishments throughout the process. At Starbucks, it took me 8 minutes to get one coffee with one person in front of me in line with 3-people working. Throughout the property, no one had a sense of service or promptness. I realize folks go to the casino to have fun but everywhere you go you need to wait and then get average service.

Also, it would have been nice to have bellman or staff to assist with luggage in the parking areas. If you don't want to walk all the way around the casino with your luggage, you need to valet park. I found it strange that a there was a parking fee. Most casinos make enough of off gaming to charge guests. I guess they need an extra $5 per guest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank 3mantic
Ocean City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I had a couple of days to get away and decided to go to the Jersey shore. Since we had never spent much time in Atlantic City, we wanted to give one of the nicer casinos a try. The four day stay at the Borgata was wonderful -- beautiful room -- so clean -- great restaurants -- wonderful food. Best of all the staff couldn't have been nicer and more friendly. Borgata has it going on!!

Room Tip: We had a suite with a view of the tributaries, which was the nicest hotel room I've ever stay in...
2 Thank Patricia R
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Great Staff from Valet to bellman to front desk to all casino staff. Great large bathroom with fantatsic amenities. Restaurants very good. Clean hotel. Would go back definately to this hotel.We used the pool outside once sun came out..very nice way to chill out.

2 Thank slpny1
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Check in was excellent no waiting, room was ready. Pools indoors and outdoors are very nice and clean. Room was nicely furnished at Water Club where we stayed. Food was great at Wolfgang Pluck Restaurant .

Room Tip: Our room was on the 18th floor with a great view of the Marina.
2 Thank travel8284
Freehold, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Spacious room with a gorgeous view of the ocean. The restaurant had a nice selection of entrees with though pricey. My wife had a rejuvenation package which she thoroughly enjoyed. The staff was great at accommodating us.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple