“Horrible Service”

Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed February 10, 2004

The service was so bad that we ended up having to get our own drinks while we gambled. I will never go back there again. I usually go to Caesars, the service is great and they bend over backwards. My husband and I are 20 somethings.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Cranford, NJ
Reviewed February 9, 2004

Where to begin. We booked an overnite bus tour on Sunday February 8 to Monday February 9 2004. We arrived on Sunday @ 11:00am..We were spoken to on the bus by a hotel employee. She welcomed us and told us all aboout the wonderful hotel. She ended the converstion with "sorry but you wont be able to check into your rooms til 5pm"...Everyone on the bus was very irate. She offered us use of the pool , lounge and gift shop til then. After we departed the bus we had no luggage becase they were brought to the bell hop station until the rooms were ready, so we could not swim...We couldnt use the lounge because a room key was needed as well as the gift shop...What choice did any one but to gamble...It was a trap and very much false advertising. My husband an I finally got our room at 6pm. We had to wait in line for over an hour to get it but we did. We got to our room and ordered room service..15 minutes later the front desk called and said we werent registered...WHAT??We were sitting in a room with a room key and we are not registered. My husband had to go back downstairs and do it all over again. The next day we had to have our luggage ready by 10:30 and check out by 11:00am. The bus didnt come until 2pm, so we were not happy about that. We were told to leave our bag in our room and they would pick them up and put them on the bus when it arrived. 2 PM rolls around and we get on the bus. We arrive home by 4:00pm. The driver unloads all the bags and guess what...Our bag was not there...I had no car keys, no jacket, no pocketbook.....nothing because it was all in my bag...We were sitting outside an A&P for an hour waiting for someone to get us because I had no keys. I couldn't beleive it..I was horrified and frezzing at the same time. My husband was on the phone with the hotel and we got no where. They couldn't even find our bag at first. Finally we got a call that said the bag was there and they would send it with the tour bus and then ship it from their depot..WHAT?? This is how you get treated in a world class hotel. FInally a front desk Mgr called us back and said he would personnaly deliver our bag to us that night. He would be there by 9pm. Well 7:30 rolled around and he called stating he was falling alseep at the wheel and would'nt be able to make it. He swore he would have it at my house by Tuesday 2pm. He did have it at my house the next day...We were compensated nothing for all our aggervation.NOTHING...I am a MGR of a major oil company in NJ. My office alone has 45 people in it. I sent them all an email this morning letting them know NEVER TO stay at the BORGATA..Would you blame me?

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
SOUTH HACKENSACK, NJ
Reviewed February 9, 2004

I love the borgate I have been going there since it opened in July 2003. Would not go to any other casino. I am hooked. I like it in the borgata because it doesn't get crowed you could walk with bumping in to people. Rooms are get. I have been getting comp rooms and I love it.
Would not change casinos. The Borgata has a great Amopshere

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Morris County, NJ
Reviewed February 3, 2004

We stayed at The Borgata in January 2004. The hotel is beautiful, but the service is horrendous. When I attempted to use the Spa for the $25 fee as advertised, they told me it was too full and I could not use it.
After speaking with 2 managers, I was finally allowed access, and there were less than 10 people using it.

We called for dinner reservations at 2:30 in the afternoon and were told there was nothing at all available except for one 9:00 reservation at the Asion/Fusion restaurant. We took it, and they didnt' seat us until 9:30. Many of the other patrons were kept waiting this long, and the entire lobby of the restaurant was filled with angry people. The manager was imcompetent and offered no assistance.

It appears that they built a very large hotel but are unable to accomodate their guests if the hotel is fully booked.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Paterson, New Jersey
Reviewed February 2, 2004

I was there during the teacher's convention in November, with friends.
The suite was great, the beds where the most comfortable, room service was excellent. The food in the resturants was out of this world. I enjoyed my stay at the Borgata..The casino , resturants, nite club, the suite, what else can I say, can't wait to go back!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 27, 2004

I stayed in the Borgata Hotel in September 2003 with my boyfriend. It had been recommended by relatives as the best place to stay in AC and we definitely agreed with that. The casino staff were really friendly, the room was beautiful with a lovely view (and you can keep the curtains open the whole time), the marble bathroom was amazing and the shower could have fitted six people. We also ate at the fusion/chinese restaurant at the hotel and both agreed that it was the best meal we've ever tasted! so much so that we returned to the hotel about a week later and had the same thing again! We also received a complimentary room the second time we stayed, and so we were made to feel like really high rollers, which was nice, as we most definitely weren't. Their borgata card is really good too, we earnt $50 each on it on the last night we stayed, so definitely will be returning to spend this!

• Stayed: February 2005
1  Thank annie4444
Lodi, NJ
Reviewed January 12, 2004

Just got back from a weekend at the Borgata and it was great. The first time we walked in I thought I was in Vegas.The service is excellent the staff accomodating and the rooms beautiful as as well as comfortable.
We used the room service for a burger during the game, we got fast service and good food. The $5.00 Black Jack table is a plus especially to new players. The only drawback I have noticed is that the slots are hard.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member