“GREAT”

Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
“GREAT”
Reviewed February 9, 2004

I love the borgate I have been going there since it opened in July 2003. Would not go to any other casino. I am hooked. I like it in the borgata because it doesn't get crowed you could walk with bumping in to people. Rooms are get. I have been getting comp rooms and I love it.
Would not change casinos. The Borgata has a great Amopshere

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (847)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 3, 2004

We stayed at The Borgata in January 2004. The hotel is beautiful, but the service is horrendous. When I attempted to use the Spa for the $25 fee as advertised, they told me it was too full and I could not use it.
After speaking with 2 managers, I was finally allowed access, and there were less than 10 people using it.

We called for dinner reservations at 2:30 in the afternoon and were told there was nothing at all available except for one 9:00 reservation at the Asion/Fusion restaurant. We took it, and they didnt' seat us until 9:30. Many of the other patrons were kept waiting this long, and the entire lobby of the restaurant was filled with angry people. The manager was imcompetent and offered no assistance.

It appears that they built a very large hotel but are unable to accomodate their guests if the hotel is fully booked.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 2, 2004

I was there during the teacher's convention in November, with friends.
The suite was great, the beds where the most comfortable, room service was excellent. The food in the resturants was out of this world. I enjoyed my stay at the Borgata..The casino , resturants, nite club, the suite, what else can I say, can't wait to go back!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
london
Reviewed January 27, 2004

I stayed in the Borgata Hotel in September 2003 with my boyfriend. It had been recommended by relatives as the best place to stay in AC and we definitely agreed with that. The casino staff were really friendly, the room was beautiful with a lovely view (and you can keep the curtains open the whole time), the marble bathroom was amazing and the shower could have fitted six people. We also ate at the fusion/chinese restaurant at the hotel and both agreed that it was the best meal we've ever tasted! so much so that we returned to the hotel about a week later and had the same thing again! We also received a complimentary room the second time we stayed, and so we were made to feel like really high rollers, which was nice, as we most definitely weren't. Their borgata card is really good too, we earnt $50 each on it on the last night we stayed, so definitely will be returning to spend this!

• Stayed February 2005
1 Thank annie4444
Reviewed January 12, 2004

Just got back from a weekend at the Borgata and it was great. The first time we walked in I thought I was in Vegas.The service is excellent the staff accomodating and the rooms beautiful as as well as comfortable.
We used the room service for a burger during the game, we got fast service and good food. The $5.00 Black Jack table is a plus especially to new players. The only drawback I have noticed is that the slots are hard.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York
Reviewed January 12, 2004

the first time I went to the Borgata, I was very impressed. When i received in the mail comp for two nites, I was even more impressed but after booking and confirming three times, my opinion went way down. The staff is very incompetent because every time I confirmed my reservations, there was something wrong. The first time they had the wrong bed size, a single bed for two people???? the second time they had us down for one nite even though i booked for 2 nites. I am afraid to call again but this time if something is wrong, we plan to cancel. Never had this problem in any A/C hotel we went to. hire better staff.

9 Thank darthstarr
Reviewed January 11, 2004

Bad service in restaurant Metropolitan Cafe. rude people at the front desk. I have ebeen to Vegas number of times. They know how to please a customer.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member