“Borgata over Water Club”

Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed April 21, 2013

As a long time Borgata customer, this past weekend my fiancé and I booked a room at The Water Club. The Water Club is very nice, great spa, rooms are clean and staff is professional. Although The Water Club is a very beautiful hotel after 3 stays I continually find myself drawn to stay at the Borgata. For one thing, pulling up to The Water Club is a non event. Without the presence of a grand entrance we found ourselves lost when we walked in. Check in was very smooth, had a room on the 11 th floor. Rooms are smaller in the Water Club, the walk to the casino however is a little long so you feel removed from the party. Rm service is extremely expensive and the food is way too fancy. ( If I wanted mint on my eggs I would have ordered it.)

Room Tip: Face the marina, much nicer views.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,963)

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We recently stayed at the Borgata for a Friday night trip to Atlantic City. I was pleasantly surprised to see the updates they have made since my last visit. The "Living Room" social area has been updated - it looks great. The elevators, hallways and rooms have all been updated in the Borgata section of the hotel. Maybe the Water Club will be next?

The room/bathroom was very clean as was the hallway (no room service left outside the doors or dirty glasses).

Staying on the Borgata side versus the Water Club allows you quick access to most restaurants, shopping and the casino. Very convenient all around.

Looking forward to another trip back to the Borgata.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We have stayed at both the Borgata & the Water Club many times. We changed over to the Water Club when the Borgata got to crowded & you couldn't enjoy the pool because parents would send their children down with a grandparent & they could not control their children. Before I get jumped on I am both a parent & grandparent, casinos are no places for children. On our recent visits you could see the cleanliness was going downhill. We had an incident this time were there was bodily fluids, yes, bodily fluids, on the lounger in the room. They tried to tell us it was the fabric, they were having trouble with it. Would we like it cleaned or have our room changed. We got a room change, cleaning would not help. The furniture should have been thrown out. The pool was closed & we were never told. They did let us use the pool in the spa but there were no services, & once in a long while someone might show up to see if everything was alright. Borgata is no longer our favorite.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Annieannie14
Joanna M, Guest Relations Manager at Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Annieannie14- We are happy you have been our guests many times; though regret you were not satisfied with this most recent visit. I was concerned to read your comments and shared them with our Director of Housekeeping and EVS. She will certainly be addressing your comments with her team members. Again, we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We will use your comments to try and improve on the areas you mentioned. We hope to be able to welcome you back to Borgata or The Water Club soon where we will do our best to meet and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We visit The Borgata about 6 times per year. It never gets old. The rooms and hallways have been upgraded. On our trip last week, we found the Living Room (area adjacent to the elevators) and the elevators totally renovated too. It looks beautiful. We prefer the Borgata to the Waterclub. The larger room size and proximity to Starbucks are 2 of the reasons why. Casino personnel are also most helpful, especially host Christopher S. Looking forward to Fly Borgata. I'd like to eliminate the 4-hour drive from Virginia.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view of the bay. To limit late night noise, stay as far away from the el...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skippyallegheny
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I went to the Borgata for one night on a living social deal. We were pleasantly surprised at our overall experience. It was our first time staying in an actual casino hotel, and would go back here in a heartbeat. High value for the price you pay. The entire hotel/casino/restaurant/comedy club was immaculate as well as beautiful. Easy to navigate, the shops were great, and tons of stuff to choose from for snacks and meals. Don't have to leave the resort! The comedy club was wonderful, funny and entertaining. I will do a review separately of the restaurant we ate at, Forneletto. Also wonderful, yet pricey. Definitely recommend the Borgata if you don't mind being in the marina rather than on the actual boardwalk. Quick 5 minutes drive to the boards. Also, the most AMAZING bed I have ever slept on in a hotel. My back was fine the next day, and normally I can't walk after sleeping anywhere other than home.

Room Tip: We loved the view from the 38th floor!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank patradb
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I go down to The Borgata in Atlantic City every August to celebrate my birthday. We stay for free because we are gambleholics. We've stayed in both the Waterclub and The Borgata and even though The Borgata is older than the Waterclub, we both prefer it more. The rooms are spacious and modern and we are always comfy there.

One thing I will say though is that Borgata is CHEAP with their comps. I once played for hours (HOURS!) on a $15 minimum table and didn't even make enough credits for a buffet meal! The nerve! My husband, on the other hand, was playing on the $25/$50 tables and racked up points fairly quickly. Unless you are a high roller, or tagging along with a high roller, bring enough money to pay for your own meals.

NOW noodle bar has great food and never fails to disappoint. We especially love their beef stew noodles...so delicious.

They have an indoor poor and a couple of hot tubs. It's usually crowded with kids and people who have already lost all of their money and didn't save a few bucks for a meal so they end up there. At least that's how I ended up there that one time.

I like this place. I'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa. It was my first visit to Atlantic City and after walking along the Boardwalk and visiting some of the Hotels/Casinos in that area, I'm so happy that we chose the Borgata. Everyone we encountered was extremely pleasant and willing to help us or answer our questions. The check-in/check-out processes were fast and easy. There was always a place to eat, and the food was always great. My friend and I frequented The Metropolitan which was relatively cheaper than the other restaurants and had great food and great service. Try the banana walnut chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast! Mmmmm.

The Casino was nice. Despite the fact that smoking is allowed, the casino was never smoky nor did it reek of smoke. The Roulette tables were often quite crowded and this was during the week, so I wish more tables had been open. The slots were tight, for me anyways. It seemed like everyone around me was winning though! The cocktail waitresses were around often so I never wanted for a drink.

We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds on the 6th floor. Despite being on a low floor, we still had a great view of the city. The room was clean, plenty of space for 2 people, loved the big shower!

I would definitely come back to the Borgata if I returned to Atlantic City.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends