“Action, Action -- all the time!! Teleport yourself to Vegas instantly!”

Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We have been to Borgata, but rarely stay as their complimentary room policy is pretty strick on the weekend by most Atlantic City standards. The hotel always seems busier than anywhere else in Atlantic City!! This time we stayed overnight....

Their is an understated class that goes with the Borgata. The people may be carrying the Channel purse or not -- it is always implied that this an upscale resort. Unlike the Revel where people flaunt their status symbols on their sleeves this place is a little more reserved. Unlike the Golden Nugget where people belt out their emotion and talk casually to strangers, the Borgata is a little more sophisticated. The decor is a little darker inside than all other AC casinos, with a rich warm, solid, feel. It's like an East Coast Bellagio. The Borgata allows for smoking in certain areas so this adds to ambience (both positive and negative).

The rooms in the original tower are newly renovated. Unlike their past, their new incarnation is dark textures and modern sleek. If you see pictures in the photo section with black furniture (those are the renovated rooms.) Overall, the renovation is becoming. <Personally, I find the rooms to be a little too dark, deary. Some areas near the elevators that still carry the light woods do not match the feel of the hallways. Also, the elevators could use a refresh.>

Based on my experience, the place seems ALWAYS BUSY -- there is a steady flow of people throughout the resort. There are restaurants GALORE from the Buffet to 3 steakhouses (Homestead, Bobby Flav to Wolfgang Puck) from cafes to a full scale foodcourt (tricky to find by the Poker area.) The place is simply amazing!! We always remark to ourselves when we enter the casino that we transported to Vegas.

Room Tip: The food court is open till 10pm -- it a great place for a quick bite to eat. (Hard to find -- by t...
1  Thank outpulsed
Write a ReviewReviews (3,970)

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 32nd anniversary at the Borgata in March 2013. We attended a perfornamce by Bill O'Reilly and Denis Miller. (The show was great)

The room was very well appointed and was better than any other Casino Hotel in either Atlantic City or Las Vegas.

We also had room service breakfast which was prompt and very good; a bit expensive.

All in All, a very nice room and good service.

Room Tip: Upper floors are the best........
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at The Borgata for one week night during a quick trip to AC. The first choice you're stuck with is whether to self park in the garage or valet park (same 5$ fee, I believe). The valet line looked daunting so we self parked. With such ample parking and literally no other choices around the property its silly that you should have to pay to park when you are going to throw money at the property regardless. The public area and casinos are really very nice, modern, and clean. Even in the smoking areas it wasn't too smokey.
The check-in line took about a half hour to get through. I have never experienced more than a few minute wait (even in Vegas), this was a downer, but it was quick once we got to the front. The room was very nice at first glance, even at a bargain basement price (for the property) we had a view of AC on a high(ish) floor. The management does need to do a better job at cleanliness control of rooms. It was a bit dusty, the faucet handle on the sink was falling apart, and there was a hair in the sink. Since I hadn't paid too much I didn't complain, had I paid full price, I would have been livid. The shower was one of the nicest walk ins I have seen, the TV was top notch, and decor was classy.
We ate at Old Homestead which was GREAT. We fancy ourselves food lovers and this was a top notch steak house. The staff everywhere was accommodating. All together an enjoyable getaway.

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor, don't overpay.
3  Thank Michael M
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stay at the Borgata every time were in AC. This hotel never disappoints! The rooms are always clean, the food is great no matter which restaurant you try, and the atmosphere is just so inviting. But the main reason we will only stay here, is the service. Every person we have encountered from the front desk at check in, to the servers, to even the cleaning staff have been so willing to do whatever they could to make your stay fantastic, even if its only 1 night!
We stayed here for Easter, and I will be taking my girlfriend there to celebrate her 50th birthday next week, have no doubts it will be another great stay!

Room Tip: ask for an upper floor the views are beautiful!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank MareNj69
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I drive 3 hours to the ferry and then another hour once I get off because of my treatment at Borgata. The poker room is first class and the hotel always goes above and beyond to make sure my every need is met. After a recent booking, I called back to change some of the parameters of the reservation and was told by Tifffany in customer care that she had reviewed my booking and was in a position to offer me another comped night for my visit. This is the kind of service that makes the travel worth it. Thanks Tiffany!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Anthony B
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I just spent two nights here and loved the room and not much else. The overwhelming stench of smoke is too much, I have asthma and had breathing issues most of the weekend. I needed an internet access code and basically had to jump thru hopes to get one since we were not assigned one upon check in.
I think NJ really needs to re think their non smoking rules or have better smoke eaters in the common areas.
I will never return to any casino except the Revel which is smoke free

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The Borgata hotel was beautiful in every direction. Everything down to the lobby to the basic room was very nice. The flat screen TV was huge in our room and the bathroom was a nice surprise as well. The toilet had its own room which is handy when two people are trying to get ready. We ate at Izakaya, Bread and Butter and Old Homestead. Old Homestead was the best but all three were great. I would return again...but I gambled all my money away. :( All of the staff was great except for the front lobby check in/out. They need to learn what customer service is. When we were checking in, there were only a few people in line and a couple of attendants and it took a long time. During check out we were the only people in line and the guy behind the counter did not even acknowledge us for at least 6 minutes or longer and then when he was ready for us he finally made eye contact. That was annoying. Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: We were on the 12th floor but still had a nice view. Basic rooms are very nice so there really is n...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business