“Frequent Customer!”

Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
North East, Maryland
“Frequent Customer!”
Reviewed April 22, 2008

My husband and I stay here a couple times a year. We have a comp card so we have free room offers. The rooms are spectacular! The hotel is beautifully decorated. The bathroom showers are spacious and so relaxing! The hotel gives you lots of free toiletries too! The Homestead is a incredible restaurant. It's expensive, but nice to splurge once in a while.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KarenAdams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (847)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nyack, NY
Reviewed April 20, 2008

stayed for a weekend in april. everyone was rude and had attitudes from check in to valet parking to concierge. I tried to make special arrangements for Club mur mur for 2 months, they dont return phone calls, they dont call back after they already have told you they will, and rush you off the phone when you finally get through to them. Watch out for security, as I seen they will use excessive and violent force to get patrons who were too drunk out of their building. I recommend Tropincana to anyone, much more of a friendly and customer oriented hotel.

• Liked — hotel was beautiful
  • Disliked — service and treatment of customers
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank holiday11096
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 20, 2008

This short trip was my present to my husband for his birthday. He LOVES Santana (I do too) who happened to be playing on his birthday in Atlantic City (1 hour 1/2 drive from where we live). My husband had been to Atlantic City before, I had never been.

HOTEL: After looking at the different hotels (frankly, many reviews scared me), I ended up booking a room at the Borgata . It appeared to the best hotel in AC and that's where Santana was playing anyway. But YIKES on that Saturday night room rate! Anyway, the Borgata turned out to be a really nice hotel (although I didn't think it was worth the rate I paid). I would recommend the hotel to anyone going to AC. The line to check in was LONG (I did read that in some reviews). Our room was on the 31st floor with a nice view of the city. The room was spacious and clean. The indoor pool area is really nice, although we found the pool to be small for such a big hotel.

DINNER: We had dinner at OLD HOMESTEAD STEAK HOUSE, one of the fine restaurants at the resort. Our food was FANTASTIC. The portions are HUGE. Both my husband and I felt a little ill after dinner from eating so much! Seriously. If we had to do it again, we would pass on the appetizer.
We both had the classic caesar salad for appetizers.
For entrees, my husband had the empire cut of prime rib 32 oz, on the bone. I had the petit filet mignon 10 oz, hash brown, demi glaze. We shared an order of steak fries. Have I mentioned how HUGE the portions are??
For desserts, he had the big fat chocolate cake and I had creme brulee. YUM!
With a glass of wine and a non-alcoholic beer, dinner came to $156 (before tip). This was a GREAT dinner.

MORE FOOD: We had breakfast at THE METROPOLITAN (at the Borgata). We had an omelette and scrambled eggs and it was all very good. We also had a dessert snack at BREAD + BUTTER (at the Borgata). My husband had the fudgy brownie and I had the tiramisu. YUMMY!

SANTANA: LOVE him and his band members. The show lasted about 2 hours 1/2 and what a show it was. This is the 4th time we've seen him in concert and he is just THE BEST!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MrsTraveler
washington, dc
Reviewed April 17, 2008

Booked our stay through a last minute booking site for about 10% less than the Borgata's website advertised. We got upgraded to a smoking suite because they didn't have any more non-smoking standard rooms. The suite was very nice and resembled the ones shown in the "Traveler's Photos" section of this site. The room didn't have a noticeable smoke odor, but the hallway did. The gaming was good and the service from the cocktail waitresses while at the tables was ok. They could have been more frequent, but we managed. The service at Old Homestead left much to be desired. Our waiter could hardly be found to replenish our drinks and even screwed up my steak order. They served me a sirloin when I ordered the fillet. The steak was good, but not worth $46. I would recommend paying the $30/day fee for the spa access and get a massage for the additional fee. The massage made the trip much more enjoyable.

All in all, it was a good experience. I am not sure if it is worth the listed rate of $300/nt, when you can get a package deal to Vegas for around the same total cost with airfare.

• Liked — The variety of food and entertainment choices on-site.
  • Disliked — Poor service in the Old Homestead.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank sandpiper313
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed April 15, 2008

As a last minute mini vacation, My husband and I decided to stay at the Borgota Casino in Atlantic City. We are both pretty well seasoned travelers and prefer to stay in the nicer hotels of wherever
we are visiting. After waiting over 45 minutes in lines to check in, we were met with a disgruntled hotel employee who promptly informed us about some insane gaming rules that apparently only the Borgota has. ( bring a drivers license & passport etc.) After dealing with that, we went up to our rooms. Then headed down to the casino to gamble some. There is not a lot of good slot machines at the Borgota. The other casinos in the area have a much better selection. Soon after it was dinner time, we had a brilliant dinner at Bobby Flay's which was fantastic! (make reservations early!) then on the way back up to our rooms stopped off for some homemade gelato, which was pretty good! we got to our rooms and *TRIED* to go to sleep.. the beds are AWFUL! hard and scratchy. I was surprised they were so uncomfortable. After tossing and turning, we decided to cheat sleep and take some benadryl. We woke up sore and stiff. It was a bad nights sleep, so we decided to get a early massage that morning. The Borgota's Spa is fantastic as it is beautiful. I recommend getting a massage there. My husband told me, the mens section is great. Its separate from the womens area and very guy like. (whatever that means), We grabbed a quick lunch and did some shopping at the Tropicana (great shopping) and hit the boardwalk for a quick trip to the Atlantic City Museum and Ripley's Believe it or Not. Both easy to get to and great if you need some down time. We then head back to the Casino and got new player cards. We waited on another huge line and was then met with jerky hotel employee's. We had dinner at the Borgota buffet, great desserts! then head up to bed. We left the next day after yet another sleepless night. All in all, it wasn't the best vacation. The beds were awful, the employee's worse (except the valet and housekeeping staff who were both wonderful) I don't think we would ever stay there again. Its really overpriced for what you get. But if you are in the area, Bobbly Flay's a good place to get dinner.

• Liked — Super clean and the Food was great!
  • Disliked — Rude Staff, Horrible Beds, Over Priced, Not a great selection of slot machines
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mintEfresh
Montreal
Reviewed April 13, 2008

The rooms were not what I expected for the price. They were very basic, nothing special at all.
Night life and gambling is great. Pool area is very nice. Nice restaurants also.

• Liked — Night Life
  • Disliked — Rooms
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank ShoeiBR
Livingston, New Jersey
Reviewed March 30, 2008

Stayed in an Opus Suite 3/25/08. Very nice room with great bathroom. However, as mentioned in previous reviews, there was a housekeeping problem: upon entering the suite I found hair in the tub and by the tub faucet-inexcusable! I got hold of a housekeeper , showed her the problem and asked that the tub be recleaned. Initially she simply grabed the hair and told me that the tub was now clean. I had to insist that the tub be re-done , which it was.

Other than this incident, the Borgata is lovely. I checked in at 2:30 pm with only a 5 minute wait. The front desk person was very nice.

I would stay here again but plan to contact the hotel's management to point out the housekeeping problem.

Stayed March 2008