“Our favorite place in AC!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa

Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
“Our favorite place in AC!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We love the Borgatta. It's always fun and the restaurants are great. Lots of craps tables too so it's always easy to get in a game. My wife also likes the B Bar and it's a great hangout for cocktails, slots and the sports on TV

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank PMNYANKEES

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (815)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Love the Borgata, not a big gambler, but love the hotel & all they have to offer! Beautiful rooms, great dinning( fine dinning & casual), great pool area! Staff is very helpful, even tried to get us a complimentary upgraded room, but is was a weekend & nothing was available. No matter what time we check-in, the room is always ready, No waiting!! By far, best casino in AC.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Pembroke Pines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

The Borgata is the best luxury casino in AC. Professional staff / dealers, great buffet, awesome rooms (with the best walk in showers) and great dining / entertainment offers. Also a pretty generous players club by all means.

• Stayed December 2012
Brielle, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I am by no means a gambler, but as a new transplant to New Jersey, my husband and I decided to try the Borgata Hotel in Atlantic City. We were very favorably impressed with the luxury and beauty of this location. Our room was lovely, the gambling area was pristine, felt very safe with a nice group of individuals enjoying themselves in a responsible way, surrounded by quality restaurants of all price points. For added exclusivity, there is a separate hotel club area, which is slightly more expensive than the rest of the hotel. We didn't stay there, but toured around it, and while it seems very nice, I don't know if it is really necessary. We ate at the Homestead Steak House, which we really loved. Hint for anyone staying and eating here: make reservations ahead of time--the restaurants are very busy.
We will be returning in two weeks, and staying for two nights. We were comped for the room, though we only spent about $600. the last time we were there. Not a bad deal, for a very nice experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

the best hotel\casino in ac by far. they just finished renavation of all the rooms and they look great. the spa is huge with all kind of diffrent pools and saunas. the room was clean with lots of towels and littel extras. they are the most expensive!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I returned a few days ago from my first visit to the Borgata. My boyfriend and I drove down from Connecticut for a special New Year's Eve.
The hotel and casino are beautiful, a small city to easily get lost in, with plenty of restaurants, bars & nightclubs, shopping and gaming.
When I first drove up to the self parking garage at the Borgata, we realized we were an hour early for check in (4pm). So we decided to turn around and drive closer to the shore and walk around on the boardwalk. When I told the parking attendant woman I was just turning around (normally a $5 parking fee) she slammed the window shut as I was still speaking. My boyfriend and I just looked at each other in amazement. We thought that was incredibly rude, especially during the holiday season. Needless to say my first impression of the Borgata wasn't a pleasant one.
I also thought that because we payed over $700 for a room for 1 night, our parking should have been free.
So we drove to the shore and walked around, about a five minute drive from the Borgata.

Then back at the Borgata we had a delicious dinner at Bobby Flay's, however both of our steaks were undercooked. I didnt mind so much because I was full, but I would have expected more from an upscale steakhouse.

Our room was on the 4th floor, very clean and pretty with modern decor. Our king sized bed was extremely comforable. We had a big flat screen tv and a gorgeous bathroom with large seated shower. I design bathrooms for a living and was impressed with the high end fixtures and marble.

We love to gamble and frequently visit Mohegan Sun in CT where I always play slots and usually come home with more money than I started with. However I was unhappy gaming at the Borgata because the slots did NOT pay out. And trust me, I played and played. I hardly ever saw the bonuses playing games I am very familiar with. Very disappointing!!

We were also disappointed in one of the Texas Hold Em tables where the 1 empty seat was being occupied by a woman who was playing 2 hands at a time. My boyfriend was standing there waiting to play, and although the dealer seemed to feel bad that this woman was taking up 2 spots, neither he or the Pit Boss did anything about it. There was only one other Texas Holdem table in that area and it too was full. We have NEVER seen that before at a table and felt that on a very busy night it shouldn't be allowed.

The next morning when we did get to play Holdem our dealer Frances was a lovely woman and we enjoyed playing at her table.

We had a delicious breakfast at Bread and Butter and then a visit to Starbucks before we said goodbye.

I'm not sure if I will be back. If I could do it all over again, I would not have booked the Borgata for NYE. Although all the hotels in the area were outrageously expensive for that night, I just expected a little bit more for the money. The staff could have been friendlier and the slots could have been paying out more. Driving 1 hour to Mohegan Sun is far better than driving 3 1/2 hours for a casino that will take all of your money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sbd610
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed at Revel Saturday night for the Kanye West concert and the next day drove over to the Borgata to check out what all my friend's on facebook was raving about. Me and my boyfriend got there around 1 pm. We decided to use the valet. We ended up being instructed to valet park inside a garage, which was dark and shady. We went into the casino to sign up for a player's card, which initially thought from the lobby "what a nice place." As we continued walking around the facility looking for the player's club, we thought to ourselves, this certainly isn't Vegas. Being avid gamblers, we mostly gamble in Vegas and in the Tribal casinos in Connecticut. The gambling experience was horrible. I asked the pit boss to call over for the server for a drink. After 45 minutes of play (in the high roller pit) no server ever came. We ended up leaving to walk around to end up at another high roller pit, only asking the pit boss the same question. After 30 minutes, finally one came. The gambling tables that were blackjack had cigarette burns on the green felt. We did not stay there so I have no comments about the actual hotel. According to a review on yelp, Revel is to Aria, as the Borgata is to the Wynn. More like "A broke down Ceasar's Palace......"

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends