“Reconsider your choices”

Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Cazenovia, New York
“Reconsider your choices”
Reviewed March 28, 2008

Just returned from staying at the Borgata for a four day conference and will not return. I found their customer service unacceptable at the front desk on two different occasions during my stay. The first was when I tried to upgrade a room to a suite and was told that it would cost me an additional $20 more than a person off the street because I came in with a group and "groups don't gamble as much". My next experience was the following morning after a sleepless night due to noise all night (don't stay on a Monday night - some special with a dance club draws a young noisy crowd). I went to the front desk to see about changing my room and the desk clerk said " You are the woman who gave us a hard time yesterday" - no kidding, this was my greeting. I was told - there are no rooms available. Yes, the rooms are clean, but the noise levels of slamming door will cause you to have sleepless nights. One last note - plan to wait at check-in for an hour - a line of 100+ is the norm per their staff. I work in retail and understand customer service, I would recommend you keep looking at your other choices.

• Liked — Clean room
  • Disliked — Customer service, noise,
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
5 Thank Simplythinking

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (869)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
DC
Reviewed March 28, 2008

Borgata Hotel and Casino Review Atlantic City NJ

We stayed Monday through Wednesday. Our room was comped via the Red Card.

Don’t bother with valet parking here. They are slow and rude. Knowing this from previous visits we parked in the garage and went straight to the check-in. The line was long, but it moved along at a good pace.

When we got to the desk I asked if they had a suite for us. Now note, I only reserved a regular room and this was free. The clerk asked to see our Ids and asked if there were any special occasions. I mentioned an anniversary and he upgraded us to a Fiore Suite at no charge! The room was great! Great view. Lots of room. Nice deep tub and a large shower.

We ate at Bobby Flay Steak the first night. It was bad. The service was Ok but the food was awful.

My wife had a massage the next day. She really enjoyed the great service.

We ate at Homestead the next night. They were great, as usual. If you go to Homestead consider splitting the salad, potatoes, and main course. The portions are huge. More than enough for two. Service was outstanding.

Room service was fast, courteous, and accurate.

The Borgata is a place where you go to spend money. Even with a comped room we spent a lot on drinking, dining, and the spa. Of course the casino is the casino… If you are looking for an inexpensive AC trip, try somewhere else. But it you are looking for the closest thing to a five-star Vegas resort on the East Coast, nothing beats the Borgata!

Stayed March 2008
3 Thank atthecon
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed March 27, 2008

Loved my stay at the Borgata. Stayed in a Fiore Suite and it was much larger than the pictures show. I was worth the extra money. What can I say the place is great but the jersey white trash "element" is always going to be present. That being said just ignore it. Monday night at Mur Mur is "industry" night so picking up some young talent can be easy. Sit in the "living room" at 8am the next morning and watch all the "walks of shame" going on..if you know what I mean. Some really hot women walking around this joint.

The food at Specchio was good but not great but the service was excellent. The best meal we had was at Old Homestead. Rib Steak and Tuna app are tops. Service was excellent.

I hit the spa and it was first class. I would definitely try to make this place part of your day. The service was outstanding.

One thing I can't understand is why so many people bring their kids! This is no place for kids.

Overall, Atlantic City is definitely changing to compete!

2 Thank rhaarsga2000
New York
Reviewed March 26, 2008

My wife and I stayed there for 1 night. THe staff at the front desk was extremely helpful and friendly. Although this was my first stay there and I was not a "regular", I asked them if they had any spare suites that I can get a complentary upgrade for. They didn't blink an eye, and changed my room to the smallest of their suites - the "Fiore" Suite.

The Suite was very nice and very spacious. The bathroom / washroom was incredible. The only small complaint that I have is that the line for check-out was 20 minutes long. Other than that, I loved the hotel and would definately go there again.

If you are into Gambling at all, they have a great casino. Their Spa is beautifuly as well- m y wife loved it, although it was a bit pricey.

• Liked — Great Rooms and very High-Class venue
  • Disliked — Long Lines at Check-In / Check-Out
2 Thank eruptive
BROOKLYN
Reviewed March 25, 2008

I was given a free night flyer in the mail 2 years ago to stay at the Borgata since I was a frequent Vegas guest at some MGM/Mirage hotels. So I first went in the summer of 2006 and was so surprised at how "Vegas-like" The Borgata feels like inside the hotel and casino area. From the great restaurant choices to the many slots and table games, The Borgata has something for everyone.
Now it is not on the Boardwalk, but if you do not like the tackiness of A/C compared to the well less tackiness of Vegas than you will love the Borgata. They have an amazing gelato shop in the lobby and like I said many good restaurant choices. If you are on a budget they also have a good buffet.
The rooms are the best and cleanest in A/C. I have stayed at a few Boardwalk hotels and they always feel dated and dirty. Not with The Borgata, they have clean linens, an amazing bathroom and a comfy bed with a glass wall that is your view to the other hotels.
I have stayed here 3 or 4 times and every time I leave I can not wait to get back to this place. I am not even a big gambler, but love the place because it has a Vegas feel without flying 5 hours to the West. Definitely worth a trip, even if it is for a day just to hang out at the casino and grab a bite.

• Liked — The rooms are spotless and the casino floor is full of games and places to stuff your face
  • Disliked — Checking out...because that meant I had to leave and go home.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ANDYH428
dd44442
Reviewed March 24, 2008

It's funny, it looks like a lot of wives are writing about complaints on this thing. So I decided to give you a man's point of view:

- The rooms kick serious butt.
- When I stayed there, I got to meet celebrities because a boxing match took place that weekend (got to meet Lennox Lewis, Mayweather Sr., Larry Merchant, and more!)
- The women are unbelievably hot there!
- The room is expensive because it's THE place to be...get a grip women!

No slippers? No robes? You should be getting naked, not settling down for Saturday morning eggs and coffee...this is a vacation spot....lounge in your robe at home!

Stayed November 2007
2 Thank dd4444
NYC, NY
Reviewed March 22, 2008

This was our first overnight stay at the Borgata. We live over 2 hours away and had tickets to see Michael Buble, and thought it would be a nice getaway. My husband and I heard nothing but great things about the hotel and the restaurants and were quite impressed upon checking in. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We knew that it was going to be an expensive stay and so our expectations were pretty high. I learned that being expensive doesn't mean it's the best, or even close...

2 tickets for the concert - $250
Dinner for 2 at Bobby Flay's - $220
Classic Room for 1 night - $400+
Water, 4 Cocktails, Breakfast - $100
Gambling - (undisclosed)

Event Center - Couldnt see anything at the concert. We sat in section 500, row 13. They had fancy folding chairs for the event center that are too small for the average sized person; no stadium seating for the most expensive seats in the lower sections, leaving you to strain to see the stage because the folks in the row ahead of you are all taller than you. Concert was great, but no thanks to the venue. Terrible acoustics.

Room was standard. We had a city view which was great. Most importantly, it was clean, but not worth the money.

Dinner was great, but again, overpriced.

Slot machines galore, but nothing that really appealed to us. I think I was so turned off by the smokers everywhere, yes, even out of the assigned smoking areas. I could smell the cigarettes and cigars on me all night.

Overall, the stay left me feeling really unsatisfied for the money we laid out for an overnight stay.

• Liked — Beautiful hotel, Rich Decor, Clean room with great city view.
  • Disliked — Terrible Value; you don't get what you pay for. The Event Center venue is terrible for a concert.
2 Thank NYC313